You Have Discovered That Dreams Are Essentially MMOs, How Do You React?

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
A question I see as obvious incoming, how would I discover this? Suspend your disbelief for one, but lets say you met someone, or ended up in a place you saw in a dream that clued you in.

So, yeah, you found out somehow that dreams are all interconnected in a sort of mmo manner, and the locations also exist. I made this thread after a few vivid dreams. So how do you react?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I'd immediately set up or find a private place within this dream world and hide in it. I don't really consider myself to be antisocial, however I don't like the idea of interacting with other people in my dreams. If I wanted to be interacting with people, I wouldn't be asleep. Dreams are my place and mine alone.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
I'm with Lilani: carve out my own independent realm and lock myself inside. I'd rather not anyone else share in *my* wonderful lucid dreams of extreme depravity and extreme violence!

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
well last night I dreamed that I married a tiger. so I suppose me and my wife would roll through other peoples dreams spreading the word about marital bliss.....or mauling people, probably mauling people.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Be excited and start to explore the weirdness of the human subconscious.

It'll be a HELL of a lot more exciting than going to my pointless drone like job on Monday....

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Well I'd probably start getting pissy with the other dreamers for not helping me out all those years ago when I was constantly being harassed and killed by hammerhead shark burglars.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Inception Joke Goes Here.

I'd probably start out reenacting various other video games. First on my List would be NiGHTS into/Journey of dreams.

after that I'll go and see if I can find other relatives within the dream.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Easy.

Assuming that it's possible to die in these dreams, which can result in fatal shock in real life: Never ever sleep again. Without the concept of consequences, humans are the worst thing you could ever meet in a place where you could die and nobody could figure out how, I would never sleep, like, ever again.

Assuming that I couldn't, I don't know, a keg party? Oh, then learn Chiense caligraphy. Maybe propose to a random person.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I'd travel from dream to dream seeing what's in other peoples minds. Any dream I find too boring would have flying sea-life added to it. Everything is better with flying whales. And cat ears. Would flying whales with cat ears be too much?

I'd also see whether I could trick millionaires into giving me their bank account details.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
Same thing I do now in most dreams; get naked, get in a fist fight with satan (I'm 4-2 against him) then run around the "my job" zone kicking customers in the face and/or shooting lightning at them. You know, same old same old.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
You guys really don't want to pay a visit to my dream world then since I tend to have nightmares more then pleasant dreams. Seriously don't. You've been warned.

They would find your bodies in the real world all curled up and clutching your silently screaming head like the dude in that scream painting.

Edit: In retrospect I guess my "dreams" would be the high end dungeon raids you'd do with a massive party.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
I would try to never fall asleep again. I have had enough video game grindfests in my dreams to know that is something that I do not find appealing.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
I would immediately complain about the lack of single player support and attempt to find an opt-out clause.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Cool I guess? I would probably try to learn more about it so that I can access back into the good dreams I once had (what? there were only two dreams I ever had that I turely felt happiness and it wasn't sex!).

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
Become happy/horrified that I regularly don't remember even a tiny bit of my dreams. Probably mostly happy, because on the rare occasions I do remember something, it's more often than not very disturbing.