You have just been bitten by a zombie; What now?

Dominic Burchnall

Jun 13, 2011
All right, it's the zombie apocalypse, and the worst has happened. Maybe you got blindsided, caught in a door, mobbed in a melee, or perhaps that corpse wasn't quite as dead as you thought it was. For the sake of argument, we'll say the bite is on the forearm, between the wrist and elbow, the wound is painful but does not severely impair movement, none of your team (if you are with one) know about your injury, and you have 36 hours before the infection completely overcomes you. What do you do?

Would you attempt some split second surgery? Would you put yourself to an end? Would you leave your friends and go lone wolf until the end came? Or would you keep silent? Any opinions or alternative options post below.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Epic suicide run; get all the guns, weapons, and ammo I can, march out in to the streets and kill zombies until I become infected. When I sense it coming in myself I pull out a grenade, pull the pin, and hold it; when I turn my hand will loosen and it will explode, killing zombie-me and everything else around me. Hopefully in the process I can make sure the rest of my team can escape without losing anyone else.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Apollo45 said:
Epic suicide run; get all the guns, weapons, and ammo I can, march out in to the streets and kill zombies until I become infected. When I sense it coming in myself I pull out a grenade, pull the pin, and hold it; when I turn my hand will loosen and it will explode, killing zombie-me and everything else around me. Hopefully in the process I can make sure the rest of my team can escape without losing anyone else.
Damn you. DAMN YOU

what this brilliant person said.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Apollo45 said:
Yep. Pretty much that. ^.^

JSF16

Jul 8, 2011
Since the virus would travel through my bloodstream rather quickly, only option would be immediate amputation. However, a one-armed person is little use in this situation. I would probably request to be immediately executed on the spot.

Barbasol

Aug 18, 2011
I'd try to clean the wound as best as possible, of course... but with no expectation of survival. Only Hope. Give my allies all my supplies, save for a moderately effective weapon.

Say goodbye to my allies, if they wish, join them and assist from a fair enough distance away until it's clear I'm zombifying. If they wish otherwise, it's imperative that good people survive. I go on ahead of them, exposing myself to the hordes of the undead, clearing as best a path as possible. If I can't survive... my friends should.

zxamike

Jan 3, 2011
lol i would cut my arm off the second he bit me threes no way it can spread that fast so that way i can live and help the team with a hand gun or where a backpack so i can live to fight another day (if it can then....)i would find the highest jump point pull a Gnade and jump i would die and it would be awesome (i will try to land in zombie grope

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Sober Thal said:
I eat anyone who wants to make pointless, lame, done to death, thread topics. Then I eat all those who support them. Then I eat their friends. Then I stomp on their ideals until they cry. After all that, I pour salt on their wounds. Then I call it a night, and sleep easier.
I pretty much turn into a zombie. So does everyone who is bitten by a zombie. this thread is ridiculous. Can we get a little more thought into these threads please?

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
If I were bit by a zombie, I wouldn't really know if I were going to turn or not. It could be like in 28 Days Later where the change is practically instantaneous. Or it could be like in Dead Rising or Resident Evil where you can get chomped on fifty times and not get infected. In any case, I'd just go about business as usual and see what happens.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Escapist. New thread. Title.

I JUST GOT BITTEN BY A ZOMBIE!!!! OMFG WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!?!

After an hour or two of replying, I'll go blow myself up to kingdom come. Hopefully in the middle of a mob of my soon to be undead colleagues.

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
Probable say my goodbyes to anyone I like in my group, go outside with some sturdy weapon (no guns, the non-infected still need those more then me) and bash as much zombies as I could before being overrun or turning. Hopefully it will give my team time to get out of dodge and find a new safer hiding spot if needed.

BlazeRaider

Dec 25, 2009
Zombie bit you? BITE IT BACK! Then go about your day like a the most epic guy in the world, basking in the glory of your own glory as passerbyers worship you as the most stoic bastard in the world... until your out of sight of everyone else then quietly cry that its to early and you don't wanna die yet D:

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Sober Thal said:
I eat anyone who wants to make pointless, lame, done to death, thread topics. Then I eat all those who support them. Then I eat their friends. Then I stomp on their ideals until they cry. After all that, I pour salt on their wounds. Then I call it a night, and sleep easier.
Silly little man. By the time you become a zombie, you won't be able to stomp on shit much less pour salt on anyone's wounds. And ideals? As if a zombie knows anything more than mindless flesh eating...

intheweeds said:
I pretty much turn into a zombie. So does everyone who is bitten by a zombie. this thread is ridiculous. Can we get a little more thought into these threads please?
You don't have to turn into a zombie. You could kill yourself first. Or have someone else--likely someone who cares--kills you.

There. Two different possibilities.

The OP has a lot more actually if you'd like to give that paragraph a read.