You have just been sent into the world of you favorite game. However,

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I'd be another freelancer in Freelancer, trading my way across the stars.
Then I'd retire on my favorite planet, spending my days in the bar selling info to other freelancers.

Mechamorph

Dec 7, 2008
Hearts of Iron IV so I guess guerilla warfare against the advancing Imperial Japanese Army. Just one of the faceless millions of irregulars and militia in that particular theatre.

Now if I could pick, it would be DOA5. The world is (reasonably) peaceful but apparently most women are built like supermodels and men like walking tanks.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
well considering my favorite game is the one i use as my avatar i would not last long if it was during the story

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
I guess I'd just hang out in Renaissance Italy and take up a trade...maybe a blacksmith or a tailor or something. Then I could make my fortune selling all my wares to a charming rakish nobleman suspiciously dressed in all white and armed to the teeth.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
sgy0003 said:
You are NOT the hero you normally play as. You find yourself dressed in a standard dressing of the people in the game, with just enough money to get you started in just about anywhere.

What would you do? You cannot be nor go on the adventure with the protagonist.
Hmm, most played game past year would be Dark souls 3, so i'm screwed.
Best case i'm one of the npc's, but by you rules i can not be summoned.
So i would probably go hollow out of boredom within a week.

Alternatively, Have been playing Kerbal space program a loot as well.
But again by you rule i probably would be running the tracking station and not be in the rocket.
which is just as well, i would probably get blown up any way.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I guess I could make a life for myself somewhere in Novigrad. I'm good at math so I might find work at Vivaldi's bank. I'd do well.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Old Father Eternity said:
"Welcome to the Zone. You best leave your old life behind because there is no going back now.
The laws of the outside world do not apply here, neither do the laws of nature as you know them. The very ground you walk upon may well open under your feet and swallow you whole. Present an opening and even your fellow man will be at your throat, not to mention the wildlife that would love nothing more than to add some variety to their meals.
Pretty much the only two things you can trust here are yourself and your weapon but even that might just let you down when you least expect it.
Best of luck to you young pup and remember, every step you take could be your last."

I hear it's nice this time of year and hunting wildlife can be somewhat profitable.
Amen, that is what I came here to say, basically.

Also that I would likely die relatively quickly.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Mm, I don't know if I have a favorite favorite game but in my circle of favorite*s*, I'd be f*ck*d in most of them.

Bloodborne: Probably be afflicted with beastplague.

Bioshock: Assuming it's before the fall of Rapture, I'd actually be pretty okay... all up until the fall of Rapture.

Metroid: Citizen with space-travel, with the main hero tackling missions in very sparsely populated worlds, I could work with that.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Get jumped by a group of punks, try to fight them all, probably lose, and be left with nothing but broken bones and bruises, shivering on the cold streets of the biggest adult entertainment district in Japan.

Feb 26, 2014
Welp, I'm a Heartless and a Nobody. Worst part is, I'm probably just going to be a Shadow and Dusk. And then Sora and his goon squad'll kill me, the heartless bastards.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
I think i'd sit down on a nice rock and take my time...

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
I'd probably hang out in the Nerd Herd or else grab a lawnmower and a cigar and get to work on my lawn.

I hope no one has any tomatoes.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
If I wound up in say, Xenoblade Chronicles, I'd probably just live out my life. And hopefully avoiding Mechonis attacks...

Alternatively, I'd like to end up in the Pokemon world if I get to be a trainer, even at my age.

Or in Persona 5... I'd probably end up one of the sheep.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Since there are no people in Myst, nor shops to buy things at, it's going to be difficult to decide to anything else than stand around and admire the scenery.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Ironman126 said:
My favorite game is Homeworld. I don't even know what an average person in Homeworld looks like, apart from being basically human.

If I go with my runner up, Skyrim, I guess? So, I'd probably try to become a smith's apprentice. I've always wanted to be a blacksmith, in real life, so I could live with that.
Well, it seems like a pretty sweet deal, until you are one of the millions who dies to orbital bombardment from the Turanic Raiders, get eaten by the Beast, or...die in another orbital bombardment from the Vyger. Alternatively you could be one of the marines/pilot/crew who get mercilessly sacrificed by Command to combat one of said menaces.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Warhound said:
Ironman126 said:
My favorite game is Homeworld. I don't even know what an average person in Homeworld looks like, apart from being basically human.
Well, it seems like a pretty sweet deal, until you are one of the millions who dies to orbital bombardment from the Turanic Raiders, get eaten by the Beast, or...die in another orbital bombardment from the Vyger. Alternatively you could be one of the marines/pilot/crew who get mercilessly sacrificed by Command to combat one of said menaces.
Orbital bombardments are a swift death. I would imagine that being in an enclosed vessel during a reactor breach or mass driver strike would be quick as well. The Beast... ergh... Not so much. But Cataclysm didn't affect that many Kiths and worlds, so I'll take my chances.

I did sacrifice a lot ships; an entire carrier group on one occasion. I wonder how all those crews are replaced. Maybe they just thaw colonists as they need them? It would have been an interesting mechanic if the game kept track of how many survivors you had to draw from. All three games could have very easily done that, especially 1 and 2. I think only the Total War series (maybe Europa Universalis/Crusader Kings, haven't played them) keep track of population statistics in determining if you could train units. I'd like to see that mechanic more often.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I'm living in Yharnam? I lock my doors, bolt them, pile furniture in front of them then lock myself in the cellar until morning!

Assuming i live that long my first priority the next day is getting the fuck out of this place!

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Fallout Earth, never wanted to actually go there. Guess I'd find a settlement and hide behind some walls. Go all Arthur Dent and become the town sandwich-maker. Actually being a college-educated farm kid I have some pretty useful skills... but utilizing most of them would necessitate leaving the afore mentioned walls. So, Sandwich-Maker.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Kyrian007 said:
Fallout Earth, never wanted to actually go there. Guess I'd find a settlement and hide behind some walls. Go all Arthur Dent and become the town sandwich-maker. Actually being a college-educated farm kid I have some pretty useful skills... but utilizing most of them would necessitate leaving the afore mentioned walls. So, Sandwich-Maker.
Nah see, you invite the farmers into the walls and teach them classes on how to do things, maybe have a nice little garden where you demonstrate concepts on a micro scale!

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Warhound said:
Kyrian007 said:
Nah see, you invite the farmers into the walls and teach them classes on how to do things, maybe have a nice little garden where you demonstrate concepts on a micro scale!
Yeah, but then they overwater the tato plants and a little mold grows, the farmer freaks out and runs into town to get me to come out and see what's wrong with his crop... and the second I'm out the door BAM, supermutant attack or deathclaw rampage. That's the problem with having useful skills in any post-apocalyptic setting; if other people know you have those skills, their survival may depend on those skills. That puts a lot of pressure on you. Best to keep anyone from knowing you can do anything more useful than make sandwiches.