You know what really grinds my gears...?

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
mrpenguinismyhomeboy said:
Also when people look at me funny because I enjoy math.
A lot of people must grind your gears.

And this too
Flunk said:
You know what really grinds my gears, people who use the phrase "You know what really grinds my gears". Seriously, that's a stupid phrase.
Mostly because it reminds me of Family Guy, which I don't like.

ceyriot

Jul 21, 2008
What grinds my gears...well its a long list.

1. Rap
2. Pop "stars"
3. Annoying little kids
4. Stupid people
5. People that put numbers after their names, example "Pro sniper 123123"
6. Trolls
7. Rick Roll videos
8. Fanboys
9. Fanboys that cannot come up with a competent argument other than "x R BETTER"
10. Spelling mistakes, especially when I make them.
11. Unorganized lists
12. Repeat threads on the same page

I believe thats all, and I don't think any really need a reason...

hungoverbear

Mar 8, 2008
hypocrites, and people who type in "retardo text" like this:

♥aBsOlUtElY*hAtE*tHuNdErStOrMs*lIgHtEnInG*&*nEtHiNg*AsSoCiAtEd*W/*tOrNaDo*WeAtHeR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*: [♥

yes there is way more were that came from.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
1. Jerks. I have a pet-peeve for rude people.
2. Injustice: I hate it when the 'bad guys' win.
3. Burning the witch: I hate mob-mentality

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
Loud eating. There's something about someone sat next to you in a Cinema eating popcorn louder than the actual movie itself which makes me want to rage. I don't mind crunching, that's fine and of course a neccesity. However, some people I swear eat loud on purpose.
I guess it's my problem, but as soon as I hear someone eating loudly, I stop paying attention to the movie and just stare at them. Just one of them things I can't let go.

Or people who eat with their mouth open, or talk while eating. WHY? Is it so hard, to wait until after you've finished eating to talk? Why not keep your mouth closed while eating so if I catch a glipse of you, I don't see half chewed food. Just decent manners really, which some people seem to completely neglect.

cheesecake123

Nov 1, 2008
SultanP said:
RebelRising said:
People who stand still on elevators. I wrote a lengthy rant about this, but I don't to go looking for it. Just take my word for it: I have good reasons.
Surely you mean escalators? Or do you want people milling about while waiting for their elevator to reach their floor?
that would be an odd sight

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Pi_Fighter said:
Just a lil' word of advice to anyone posting here:
Look at the reason [user]TheNecroSwanson[/user] was banned.

Also, take a look at [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.120064"]this[/a].
Speaking of which, the mods really grind my gears because anything they don't get is immediatly punished, people with opinions they don't agree with silenced, and they let numerous trolls keep on posting.

Necro was a hero, and he's a martyr to us all.
Agreed.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
Syphonz said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
gentleben said:
You know what grinds my gears? Megan Fox. I just don't find her to be as attractive as she is given credit for, and yet the entire world just kisses her arse.
She's hot, but I much prefer Jewel Staite.
Ahem. meet miss Petra Nemcova:

BOING!

EDIT: But as previously stated, yes, I completely agree Megan Fox isn't as attractive as everyone makes her out to be. (and same goes to you Angelina Jolie, you have your moments, but 65% of the time you're borderline repulisive compared to other celebrity beauties)
I like Jewel better, I'm more for the unconventional beauty than the plastic-ness of models and stuff.

On topic I also hate those Chuck Norris jokes, he's not that awesome and Walker Texas Ranger sucks ass.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
dontworryaboutit said:
Hyper-space said:
dontworryaboutit said:
Pi_Fighter said:
That's one hell of a classy gentleman.

I will also cast a vote for PETA. I also hate both Superman and Spiderman.
[HEADING=1]BLASPHEMY[/HEADING]
Spiderman's a pussy and Superman is just bland.
.....you probably don't know sh*t when it comes to spider-man and superman.

spider-man is a witty and pretty fun character and [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Star_Superman"]this[/a]

gentleben

Mar 7, 2008
Hyper-space said:
dontworryaboutit said:
Hyper-space said:
dontworryaboutit said:
Pi_Fighter said:
That's one hell of a classy gentleman.

I will also cast a vote for PETA. I also hate both Superman and Spiderman.
[HEADING=1]BLASPHEMY[/HEADING]
Spiderman's a pussy and Superman is just bland.
.....you probably don't know sh*t when it comes to spider-man and superman.

spider-man is a witty and pretty fun character and [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Star_Superman"]this[/a]
I have nothing but love for Spiderman, but I agree that Superman is bland.

There's just something so boring about having a perfect superhero with no inherent weakness. Seriously, how hard could it possibly be to steer clear of Kryptonite? This stuff is from a different galaxy, and somehow every sample of it on earth manages to fall in to the laps of the people trying to fuck with Superman, and then even when that happens, you know that he's still going to get away, put some more brill cream in his hair and go back to not getting any from Lois Lane.

gentleben

Mar 7, 2008
It's annoying me that my wireless keyboard doesn't have enough signal when I put it on my lap (about 30cm further away from the receiver doohickey) to register every key stroke. I will now type the same message with it on my lap to demonstrate:

"Tht misd ds'aenogh sgal h i ut onmy ap (about-cmfherrayrm thereci doohiceyegiste very toe. Il w peh emesadge with to myap t onra"

All I want to do is have it on my lap so I can have my feet on the desk and recline while I write up my contract notes, is that so wrong?

iron codpiece

Mar 17, 2009
Men who compare womens' appearances like they're cars and not people.
PETA
When people ask me if I'm Mexican.
When people insist that I MUST be mexican or have some 'mexican in me' and must be mistaken about my well recorded geneology going back 5 generations.
crazy stalker ex-wives
the phrase 'on my hood' makes me particularly stabby.

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
A GOD DAMNED MUSICAL!?!

cookie for whoever knows which racist damned woman im yelling about.