"You Know What? You Guys Are Dicks."

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
I just took out my Left 4 Dead and popped it in. I thought I would enjoy a nice game of killing some Louis as a smoker. Evidently, I was wrong.

I did a quick join into 3 different games, and within 5 seconds I was booted from both of them. Had I done anything wrong? Had I spawned? Had I even said anything yet? All of them no.

So I ask you, Escapists. Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Happens all the time. If I ever do that to someone, I send them a message stating why. But they should have just made it a friend's only game if they were waiting for somebody.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Phew. I thought this was going to be a vent thread.

Yes, I've played online games with people I think are absolute dicks and should die, etc. etc.
Infact, I struggle to think of times where I don't hate at least a handful of my groups in WoW.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Kind of a misleading title there...

Never mind.

Well yes, I've had a fair few games like you've just described, but only a couple of times. It's probably because you're using Xbox Live though. Not a great place for community spirit and friendliness, or so I've heard.

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
yes, numerous times in Cod4 and 5, halo, and red faction more than once in a day.
shit happens, and in some countries, it also falls from teh sky

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
Portal Maniac said:
I just took out my Left 4 Dead and popped it in. I thought I would enjoy a nice game of killing some Louis as a smoker. Evidently, I was wrong.

I did a quick join into 3 different games, and within 5 seconds I was booted from both of them. Had I done anything wrong? Had I spawned? Had I even said anything yet? All of them no.

So I ask you, Escapists. Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?
That's harsh + welcome to the internet.

Quantupus

Apr 15, 2009
I think most of the time when people kick like that it is because they are waiting for a friend to join the game and need to kick you to make room. Though I wish people would ask me to leave first. It's not like I had my heart set on that server, I just chose quick play, I will leave if you ask nicely. :(

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
That's ok I learn to forgive and forget. I'm sure they may of just had a bad day.
Unless they're really jerks... in which case I just try a new game.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Your not the only one to be mercilessly kicked from a game server....i too have had that happen but you know what i did I invited to a server that i had created and then killed them over and over and over again just to show them what real evil is

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
HOW RUDE, MY GOOD SIR. I DO BELIEVE THIS CALLS FOR A DUE--...
Oh.
Well, uh, no, not really.
I don't play online multiplayer enough to encounter assholes.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I had it once in Battlefield 2142. I was pwning some ass when all of a sudden in the chat I see: 'kick vanguar[sic] for being a dick'
And so I was booted. For nothing.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
I was expecting another rage quit.

OT: Yeah that happens sometimes to me, but most of the time the people in the game say they are waiting for a friend to join, which I don't really mind.
ColdStorage said:
power corupts, absolute power is pretty cool though.
How are you enjoying Overlord 2?

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
I was playing Guitar Hero III on multiplayer. I jumped into random Pro-Face-Offs so someone else could set up (I was a tad lazy). One match I had was against a teenaged American girl, who would not stop SCREAMING. Seriously, I don't think she took a breath in a minute's gameplay. She'd scream about n00bs, and scream about winning, and then just scream. Maybe it was a diversion tactic, but what really hacked me off was when she started losing, and quit.

Lucidia

Aug 5, 2008
yeah thats happened to me before to -.- it's really annoying it happened to me on CoD 4 ><