You know your'e a gamer when

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
bafrali said:
krazykidd said:
You know you are a gamer , when you game but don't call yourself a gamer . Top that bitches bros.
You know you are a gamer when you don't post in topics that have "gamer" on the title.

Topped good sir.

Also you know you are a gamer when you find people that resemble a video game character you know and not vice versa.

You also know you are a gamer when random noises reminds you a random sountrack from a random game. Even worse they are usually the Horror games.
I see what you did there . Well played ... You've won this round . I'll be back.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Well, once I considered saving the game before I entered the subway. Just in case something would happen.
Suppose that qualifies.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
You know you're a gamer when you're talking about a photo you've taken and refer to it as "screenshot IRL"

If you're wondering......Yes I have

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
You know you're a gamer when you accidentally refer to getting dressed as equipping, ie "I'm on my way; just equipped my shirt and finding my other gear."

Called my car a mount.

Think of physical hurts in terms of HP damage and physical/mental situation as stats: "Gotta go to the gym and level up my biceps."

Name your pets after game characters (I care for four stray cats: Sheik, Link, Millia Rage, and Zappa).

Have game-related toys and plushies.

ADDmuse

Oct 17, 2011
You know when you're a gamer when you refer to your physical skills and attributes by a specific number (Such as having Dex 12 or Move Silently 7). And yes I play D&D; why do you ask?

And you play too much minecraft if you dream in blocks.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Domogo said:
Here we go. My top 10 reasons why I know I'm a gamer cause...

(10) I was talking to a work mate about another chef and mentioned she was taking a prestigue level in pastry chef.

(9) After having problems with solving a game I started dreaming about the level and -no joke this happened - used what I remembered from my dreams to solve the level.

(8) Whenever I can't find something I complain about failing my spot check.

(7) If someone really fucks up I laugh and comment on how they rolled a one.

(6) Whenever I can't quite reach something I start humming Luke Skywalker's theme from Star Wars and hope the force will help me.

(5) I refer to dollars as gold coins (In Australia one and two dollars are indeed gold coloured coins)

(4) Constantly make gaming references in conversation with normal people and wonder why they look at you wierd, cause everybody so knows what a Beholder is right?

(3) You call someone a Noob. Fuck I don't even play online shooters and every now and then someone fails my exceedingly low expectations I feel compelled to just say 'Nice try Noob!'

(2) When people are commanding me I start using the 'click' dialogue for characters in games like Warcraft, Starcraft and Command and Conquer when interacting. eg Whenever I was taking prepped food to different sections to be finished I would say "I gotta present for ya!"

(1) When I'm in a pub I always listen for rumours.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Arakasi said:
After game depression is what characterises a good game.
true

however I'm talking about a very specific game...
Moonlight Butterfly said:
haha sometime I don't finish games because of that, it's awful :p
I drag it out as long as possible...I bought deadspace 2 at launch at the start of 2011, I finished it at the start of 2012 (being a short game I may have ruined the experience for myself)

I avoided doing quests in Fallout NV because I didnt want it to end :(....

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
When a new game comes out, and you play it for days on end only pausing to sleep, then you run out of food so you have to go shopping. While out shopping people look at you in a funny away, and that is probably because you smell from a combination of not having took a shower and the caffeine dripping out of your pores. Not to mention the pink eye, bedhead, and a pair of your old knickers stuck to your backside. So you buy a tub of icecream and shovel it into your mouth while playing because it makes the hurt go away. A few days later, it is finished. Then you feel depressed because you will have to wait a while for a new game to come out and in the meantime, you have to return to the World of being an adult. A world in which you shower every day, clean the house, cook food, do the washing up, do laundry, pay the rent, pay the bills...

OMG I NEED THE NEW ZELDA GAME TO BE DONE NOW NOW NOW!!!!!

Kiyeri

Mar 8, 2010
I don't know if this makes me a gamer or shows I played Dragon Age 2 too much, but I've had moments where I thought my conversations were like those in that game. I thought that if I chose the right response, my relationship level would improve. I've also thought that I could reload a save from before the conversation if it didn't go as planned. Both of those led to a "What the hell am I thinking?" moment.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
When you do a weekend run of any AC game and you find yourself wearing hoodies with the hood up and constantly twitching your wrist.

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
You're a gamer when you screw something up outside of a game and reflexively fumble for the quickload button, and conversely keep trying to quicksave before decisions or actions, no matter how trivial.

Domogo

Aug 7, 2012
You know you're a gamer when you really do think with portals. and you still say it when someone says cake

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Jezzascmezza said:
You think about taking cover behind the sofa in your living room.
Also when you see a bottle-cap on the ground on your way to school and start to bend down to pick it up, only realising you're not in the Capital Wasteland when you're halfway down- true story.
nono, you take it up and put it into your bag. i got a collection of around 400 bottle caps, at least 50 different kinds. now givem e that rifle for those 100 caps will you?

Aperture Lab Rat said:
You know you're a gamer when you refer to your "home" as your base.
doesnt EVERYONE do that, jsut not exactly base, some use castle or fortress.

Dwarfman said:
Domogo said:
(9) After having problems with solving a game I started dreaming about the level and -no joke this happened - used what I remembered from my dreams to solve the level.
This DOES happen, and not onyl for gates. The information for the level or situation is there in your mind, and during the night your brain comes up with a solution that you are fixed on getting, and it shows it to you the way it can - in a dream.

(4) Constantly make gaming references in conversation with normal people and wonder why they look at you wierd, cause everybody so knows what a Beholder is right?
wait a minute, you mean, people dont get our references? that would explain so much.....

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
when after playing through LA Noire whenever you see someone buying mosquito coils in the store you instantly think they must be an arsonist

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Strazdas said:
Dwarfman said:
This DOES happen, and not onyl for gates. The information for the level or situation is there in your mind, and during the night your brain comes up with a solution that you are fixed on getting, and it shows it to you the way it can - in a dream.
Something I forgot to mention. I was at a school camp way back in the dawn of time when I was still a child and freaked a couple of my fellow campers out because I started having 'waking dreams'. I was in fact arguing with my PCs about how to deal with a situation and wound up in a position where we were ambushed because of our yelling. Apparently I had my hands outstreached like I was holding a knife saying " Now just move back slowly..."

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
You know your a gamer when you break for dinner only to find it's time for breakfast.