You Know You're Too Much Of A Gamer When ....

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
Sometimes I will say lines that are used in Dragon Age or Mass Effect - because I find it to be funny, or it will actually fit the situation - but in a very dramatic way.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Greatjusticeman said:
Sometimes I will say lines that are used in Dragon Age or Mass Effect - because I find it to be funny, or it will actually fit the situation - but in a very dramatic way.
I'll do one better, when you've played video games so much that you can't come up with a fitting line to any conversation that doesn't come from a video game.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
When every object I pick up I feel the urge to rotate it around and look at it from every angle (Damn you La Noire, you fantastically immersive game).

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
Danceofmasks said:
When I look at bathroom tiles and spot Bingo Bilge Combos.
(If you know what I'm talking about, you're too much of a gamer)
So uh, Puzzle Pirates? Yes, i'm blushing right now. I used to play that when I was younger.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
When you're prospecting your classroom for possible mining opportunities.

"Could I punch my way through the whiteboard, or would I need a pickaxe?"

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
When you giggle maniacally at yourself for seeing apartments called Hearthstone. Also when you start imagining your natural needs in bar form like in the Sims. I do that a lot.

Antisigma

Jun 1, 2011
1. When you begin talking with someone and choke for a moment when the conversation menu doesn't come up.

2. When you roll over in bed, worry momentarily about oversleeping, and then wearily tell yourself that you will just save and reload if you sleep for too long.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
One I actually did today: saw a small mound of soft soil and was about to reach for some magic beans to plant there.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
When you go jogging with a knife, because you run faster with a knife. It's a Counter Strike legend.
You run just as fast with a pistol. Knowing that also makes you too much of a gamer.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
you try sneaking around buildings without getting caught and then hear the alert sound when you are and you freak out then realize you are neither snake nor do you have a gun.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Wanting a sword or gun in real life...

Or when you think that someday the world shall be nuked and everybody will live in Vaults and some people will come out and become legends and form a group of aweosme good people that reform the world, and some people become EVIL!

Too much Fallout Shaun, too much Fallout.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
When, after wrestling to get a jar of jalapenos open, you hear the Final Fantasy victory fanfare in your head.

When you start seeing "Paragon" and "Renegade" options popping up in casual conversation.

When you start thinking real life boxing matches are unrealistic because, "That guy should totally have had more hit points left."

When you can't enter your house without finding The Blue Key.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Panicking cause you didn't get your XP bonus for going a day without doing a bad habit you have.

Or killing unnamed strangers on the street without regret or punctuation on/around them cause you know they're not quest givers.

Bonus if the bad habit you have is killing unnamed strangers.