You Know You're Too Much Of A Gamer When ....

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Alright. My message tone used to be the MGS Alert sound, and once when I was tired I forgot about it and jumped out of my seat in class. It was also the Zelda "GetItem" sound, and it once went off when I grabbed my then-girlfriend (now fiancee)'s boob. It was then the Pokemon heal sound, and once it went off on the bus and the guy sitting behind me said "Go fill your Pokedex now". In other news, a few weeks ago I was walking down the street and I heard a hissing sound so I spun around, swung my fist clumsily, and nearly lost my balance. It was a sprinkler hitting a bush.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
When I play and RPG and horde all the rare loot for myself and in games that let me customize the color of my clothing then its always blue and white.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
... you take your car to a garage and ask for a new set of reins.
... you enquire how much items are in gold, silver, and copper.
... you look at children and see them as invulnerable.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
When a coworkers haranguing a client about late fees, I can't help but envision "Truth" "Doubt" and "Lie" appearing beside them ah la L.A. Noire.

Freshman

Jan 8, 2010
When you see somebody really annoying and turn your back to them so you won't be recognized, then check your motion tracker to see if they're coming up on you. Or if you die in a game, and then have a brief moment where you think you died in real life

swankyfella

Mar 17, 2011
I dodged a champagne cork and was legitimately pissed that life didn't give me witch time.

EDIT: Also, I dreamed with a HUD last night. It was fairly intuitive. I was impressed with my psyche.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I was walking through the city early one Sunday morning making my way back from a friends house, all the while thinking that Mr.X and Nemesis could come out and attack me at any moment. I texted one of my friends to tell them that, and all I got back was "Too much Resident Evil huh?

My Name Is Brandon

May 7, 2011
When you've spent all day playing and when you lay down to go to sleep, you still see your HUD behind your eyelids.

Too much Halo, and CoD

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
- you walk through a busy marketplace made of narrow alleyways, and you think about how easy it would be to assassinate the slow-walking people with your hidden blade

- you do nice things for your friends and you imagine that you have gained approval points

- you are on your way to meet a friend, and you text them to say that you are "oscar mike". You also inform them of your ETA and ask for a sitrep.

- you go paintballing and joke about hiding behind chest-high walls. And when you get hit, you crawl along the ground shouting "REVIVE ME!". And also you say "another dead grub!" when you hit someone. Yeah, paintball is a gamer's paradise really.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
When you punch a tree as hard as you can and wonder why it hasn't broken into a little cube
or
When you look out the window and think everything's broken because there's curves everywhere

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
It wasn't when I was gaming but when a friend and I carpooled to work (over an hour drive there and back each day) we would point out flowers, etc on the freeway and associate them to their WOW counterparts.

Not really gaming related but a few weeks ago I got done watching Dr. Who - The Empty Child went to walmart to pick some things up and I hear this kid yelling "Mooooooooommmy." That was pretty freaky.

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
When I cant see something, too far away or not in my field of view, I try to scroll up..

Doesn't work..