You know you've been playing ... too long when ...

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I was walking down a street and someone started repeatedly shouting something. My first thought was "great, that person is glitching, it should fix if I restart the game though."

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
When you make a mistake and say to yourself "It's ok, I can just reload my save!"

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
When you start to imagine how you would improve every building you walk into with different blocks.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Milo Windby said:
You know you have been playing to long when... you start dreaming about the game at night... Minecraft dreams... very odd. (Or as one dream was, Minecraft and Left 4 dead at the same time )
Minecraft and Pokemon for me. Very odd the next morning was. Yet that actually sounds like a decent combo. LOLOLOLOLOL

Apr 25, 2009
When if you can't find your way to something, you try to raise an imaginary sword to the sunlight so the beams will point you in the right direction...

Literally, I once came out of class and was about to go up to where I was meeting a girl, and I reached to my side to pull out the Ancient Sword. It was quite embarrasing.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
NeverKnowsBest said:
When you can't stop thinking with Portals
Ok that made me lul. I actually thought of using portals in real life though. How awesome would my life get? Though I would probably end up killing my self with the velocity I would end up getting with the portals. And even if I had Chells leg bracers there will be no chance will will actually land on my feet. Im no cat.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
I once saw a dog running around without its owner and thought.

"Oh no, not another meaningless trashmob fight"

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
I have a rule:

No driving after racing/driving games. I really cannot afford tickets. As well, being in traffic I often think of exactly what tire I'd need to shoot to make the car in front of me crash out of my way. That would be Just Cause 2 and Crackdown.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
I once intensely played Crackdown for a really long time, and after I stopped I remember getting really angry that I had to level my real-life self up again because I couldn't jump super high. I figured my real-life-is-crackdown save disappeared. I saw green dots everywhere and I kept hearing that voice tell me to do my mission. I remember I got delighted and ran out of class that day because I thought I heard a hidden orb near by.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
When I went out walking, amazed at all the pristine buildings... and going 'where the fuck is my shotgun?!' really loud when I saw a green person walk past.

Then there was the whole 'why doesn't this building have sufficient handholds?' phase.

Don't really get any of this after marathon sessions of Total War (obviously), but I have some truly weird dreams.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I know I've been playing Tales of Vesperia for too long when I try and fail to make a Sandwich.

Geeky Anomaly

Feb 19, 2011
You know you've been playing World of Warcraft(and MMOs in general) too long when...

You ask your supervisor at work if coupons stack with your employee discount.

XIV

Mar 1, 2010
This is an oldie, but I remember walking down a flight of stairs after playing a day-long bout of Advance Wars on the GBA and stopping midway, waiting for 'the computer' to make its move before realizing Real Life is nót turn-based and feeling like a nitwit.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
After playing minecraft for a while I thought "These stairs don't have enough headroom, I should remove another block." Sadly, my house is not made of blocks.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I remember going out after a whole night of Half Life 2, back when it had just come out, looking around and thinking: "Those are some nice textures. Almost as real as Half Life 2."

I also remember sitting down for a session of Morrowind, around 9 or 10 p.m. I'm climbing some rocks in an Ashland cave, when suddenly I hear a crow just outside my window. Reflexively, I look its way only to discover it isn't night anymore (and, sadly, I'm not a Dunmer assassin either ;P).

Luckily, I'm a bit more disciplined these days. A bit.