You Might Be Able to Buy Modern Warfare Remastered On Its Own This Summer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
You Might Be Able to Buy Modern Warfare Remastered On Its Own This Summer

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1402/1402524.jpgIf a retailer listing is accurate, you might be able to pick up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered on its own this summer.

It's been a year since Activision announced that it would not release Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered as a standalone product [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167325-Modern-Warfare-Remaster-Cant-Be-Purchased-as-a-Standalone-Game]. We all figured that once sales of the game it was bundled with, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, started to slow down, we'd see the standalone release happen. Now, that prediction may come true.

Call of Duty enthusiast site Gamefly [http://charlieintel.com/2017/05/01/rumor-gamefly-listing-suggests-modern-warfare-remastered-will-available-separately-july/]. While the listing is no longer viewable, you can see the screenshot of it below. The listing showed the Xbox One version of Modern Warfare Remastered as releasing on July 20, 2017. The PS4 version was listed with a release date of June 20. That would fit with the 30-day exclusivity window that PlayStation 4 owners enjoyed when Infinite Warfare launched last year.

Obviously, both listings are no longer on the Gamefly site, and Activision has yet to make any statement on the matter. We've reached out to the company to try and get a statement on the matter, and we will update this post with any response we receive.

For now, the only way to acquire Modern Warfare Remastered is to pick up the Digital Deluxe or Legacy Editions of Infinite Warfare. Hopefully, that will change soon.

[gallery=7324]

Mar 30, 2010
Good. But they'd better not charge ?50 for it like Bethesda did for the Skyrim remaster (which was just a graphics mod bung in, they didn't even fix any of the bugs that were by that time five fucking years old!!!! *fume*).

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
truckspond said:
I thought this would happen sooner or later.

Also, Call of Duty: Infinite Ware?
*Waves hand* This is not the typo you're looking for.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Well it's too late now, we all know the Modern Warfare remake is terrible.

Only Activision could produce a remake that is both more expensive and less well made than the original, then charge for the expansions again, which are also more expensive than they were a decade ago.

Unless of course you still believe peer to peer matchmaking on PC is an upgrade over how it was done in the bad old days of 2007.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
fix-the-spade said:

Only Activision could produce a remake that is both more expensive and less well made than the original, then charge for the expansions again, which are also more expensive than they were a decade ago.

Unless of course you still believe peer to peer matchmaking on PC is an upgrade over how it was done in the bad old days of 2007.
To be fair, they do release some community favorite custom modes as official ones in the weekend playlist: Micheal Myers as Slasher, as well as Prop Hunt. Latter is even that well liked, when it's on, it's the most played mode in the entire game, even outclassic TDM.
Plus, for people that haven't played the original and want to check out the campaign, it's still worth looking at on console due the original not being compatible with the PS4 and XBone - PC players probably are still better of with the original, as it still runs fine there.

But that's really the only noteworthy, longterm positive I can see.

That said, I am still far more interested in Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles (which apparently nobody on this website has even heard about or cares about being a thing in the near future)

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
fix-the-spade said:

I'm feeling pretty much this. I was excited when it first was announced, but I probably won't buy it now until it drops to like $10 or so, if ever.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I can't believe they messed it up this bad. The best Call of Duty game ever made with modern graphics and sound, and they still fucked up. The

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Bindal said:
That said, I am still far more interested in Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles (which apparently nobody on this website has even heard about or cares about being a thing in the near future)
I would be a lot more interested in Zombies if they didn't completely neuter solo play with that arbitrary 3 revive limit bullshit. Why don't they just have the revive machine teleport randomly around the map after a use? That way you can't camp that area and you can still get up to the high rounds. Furthermore, there's zero customizability in stark contrast to Black Op's multiplayer Custom Games. That said, Kino Der Toten was so awesome for multiplayer. After that though, Black Ops 2's Zombies just wasn't as fun at all for some reason. I don't know how BO3 Zombies plays though.

Oh, and the Gobblegum perk replacement sounds like a step forward and two steps back being that you can no longer choose which perks you want besides the start of the match.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Arnoxthe1 said:
Bindal said:
I would be a lot more interested in Zombies if they didn't completely neuter solo play with that arbitrary 3 revive limit bullshit. Why don't they just have the revive machine teleport randomly around the map after a use? That way you can't camp that area and you can still get up to the high rounds. Furthermore, there's zero customizability in stark contrast to Black Op's multiplayer Custom Games. That said, Kino Der Toten was so awesome for multiplayer. After that though, Black Ops 2's Zombies just wasn't as fun at all for some reason. I don't know how BO3 Zombies plays though.

Oh, and the Gobblegum perk replacement sounds like a step forward and two steps back being that you can no longer choose which perks you want besides the start of the match.
For the limited revives: That's because even if the machine would move, it would be still incredible easy to just keep going forever as getting to the perk machine is not hard because people never camp near the Quick Revive as that is usually located in the spawn room. And the spawn room is usually designed to be small and with the cheapest weapons - where as the ideal camping spots are large and have either a easy one-way to escape (e.g. a teleporter) or access to a good wallbuy weapon.
Meaning if you give infinite revives - something a few maps actually do have - you can survive infinitely. In fact, in BO2 Mob of the Dead, you get one revive for free every round because they don't use Quick Revive there but the Afterlife mechanic instead.
And there is zero customisabilty because there is nothing to customise to begin with. They TRIED it with BO2, but nobody really bothered with it (due it also disabling the Easter Eggs).

And you seem to have the complete wrong idea what GobbleGums are. GobbleGums did not replace the perks, they are ADDED. You can still get your four perks (or more, depending on the map mechanics) and then use gobblegum as well. They are a 500-points temporary bonus and you can have only one of them at a time on top of the 4+ perks you can buy normally.
Juggernog, Double Tap 2, Speed Cola, Widow's Wine and co? All still there, all still doing the exact thing they always did, all still costing the same.
As you can see on the follow screenshot I made (for unrelated reasons), I do have four perks as shown as usual in the lower left (Double Tap, Juggernog, Widow's Wine and Mule Kick) AND one GobbleGum in the lower right (Anywhere But Here).
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876622890
Meaning the only thing limiting me is what perks are on the map - and that's been the case since Black Ops 1.
And for added funsies, a screenshot where I got all eight perks of a map plus a gobblegum (also, minor spoiler for the ending of Der Eisendrache):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881288347

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Two things.

One, I'm curious what they will charge for it if this turns out to be true. Because anything over 20 dollars and I'm out. Because that's how much it was with Infinite Warfare.

Two, does anyone else ever sit and wonder how this stuff gets leaked like this, or more importantly, how it doesn't get leaked? I mean, someone somewhere had to have put that thing up, which means that they know this is coming. And I highly doubt they are the only one that knows about it, and yet we never really hear anything. I mean, you'd think someone working on this would mention it to a friend on accident, and then word would get around.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Bindal said:
For the limited revives: That's because even if the machine would move, it would be still incredible easy to just keep going forever as getting to the perk machine is not hard because people never camp near the Quick Revive as that is usually located in the spawn room. And the spawn room is usually designed to be small and with the cheapest weapons - where as the ideal camping spots are large and have either a easy one-way to escape (e.g. a teleporter) or access to a good wallbuy weapon.
Meaning if you give infinite revives - something a few maps actually do have - you can survive infinitely. In fact, in BO2 Mob of the Dead, you get one revive for free every round because they don't use Quick Revive there but the Afterlife mechanic instead.
And there is zero customisabilty because there is nothing to customise to begin with. They TRIED it with BO2, but nobody really bothered with it (due it also disabling the Easter Eggs).
But in Zombies with people, the Quick Revive machine isn't absolutely mandatory anymore so it's not something you would want to camp near in the first place. And I'm sorry but a flat limit of three revives is incredibly restrictive for solo play. It may be too easy to even have it teleport around the map (I disagree as little trips around the map are very risky just by themselves at high levels) but the 3 revives limit is just not acceptable and makes it too difficult. Especially considering how regardless of number of zombies, you have no player support of course and they're all coming for you, all the time, 24/7.

As to customizability in BO2 Zombies, lolnope. Trust me, I have BO2 installed right now on my PC and I recently did a thorough check of all the options in Zombies to make sure I didn't miss some hidden options. There's different game modes for Zombies now, sure, but the only real thing you can change is the overall difficulty and the round you start in. Besides the difficulty, that's pretty much nothing. And what customizability could you possibly add? Easy. Change the starting loadout. Change the weapons that are available. Change the zombie health. How many zombies there are. Whether they get progressively tougher each round or have a fixed toughness. Everyone's starting points. How they get points. How long it takes to revive someone. Can they be revived at all? There's a ton of variables they could have added in to customize. They're in normal BO2 Custom Games but they're not in Zombies at all.

Bindal said:
And you seem to have the complete wrong idea what GobbleGums are. GobbleGums did not replace the perks, they are ADDED.
Oh. Sorry, I must have misread.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Arnoxthe1 said:
But in Zombies with people, the Quick Revive machine isn't absolutely mandatory anymore so it's not something you would want to camp near in the first place. And I'm sorry but a flat limit of three revives is incredibly restrictive for solo play. It may be too easy to even have it teleport around the map (I disagree as little trips around the map are very risky just by themselves at high levels) but the 3 revives limit is just not acceptable and makes it too difficult. Especially considering how regardless of number of zombies, you have no player support of course and they're all coming for you, all the time, 24/7.
In coop, Quick Revives functions COMPLETELY different.
Solo Quick Revive: 500 points, you revive yourself after a few seconds. Can be purchased 3 times from the Perk Machine (alternative sources always work)
Coop Quick Revive: 1500 points, you revive other players at twice the speed.
And I played a lot of Zombies - no, a "quick trip around the map" to get one machine is not that dangerous, especially when you then focus on thinning out the zombies first and leaving a Crawler or two.
Again, Mob of the Dead features selve revive in solo with infinite amounts due to Afterlife and that map is because of that one of the easiest the franchise has to offer.
Meaning, no, there should not be any change, ever, to how Quick Revive works in solo play.
If you want more Revives, BO3 got you covered with several GobbleGums that grant you self-revives (there is one dedicated to that and two that are about just flatout giving you perks) - which are limited in use in other ways. Specifically, you need to get them outside of a match, as they are consumables you buy with an in-game currency (or craft by using other gobblegums)

Arnoxthe1 said:
As to customizability in BO2 Zombies, lolnope. Trust me, I have BO2 installed right now on my PC and I recently did a thorough check of all the options in Zombies to make sure I didn't miss some hidden options. There's different game modes for Zombies now, sure, but the only real thing you can change is the overall difficulty and the round you start in. Besides the difficulty, that's pretty much nothing. And what customizability could you possibly add? Easy. Change the starting loadout. Change the weapons that are available. Change the zombie health. How many zombies there are. Whether they get progressively tougher each round or have a fixed toughness. Everyone's starting points. How they get points. How long it takes to revive someone. Can they be revived at all? There's a ton of variables they could have added in to customize. They're in normal BO2 Custom Games but they're not in Zombies at all.
Guess what? None of those ideas are any good. If you change the loadout, you give the player instantly a better weapon - which makes things too easy in the early rounds. Zombie health is already changing based on rounds (150 base, +100 on each round until round 10, 10% more from 11 onwards) and their amount is changed based on players. If you modify that even more, things will get fucked up.
What some maps DO offer is the option to disable power ups and enable Hellhounds.
And, again, most players are more interested about the Easter Eggs which were disabled by default. And depending on the map, any change to anything might screw things up even more as you might need specific weapons to exist - or weapons that don't exist might break things once they do.
But if you're that desperate about customising it: BO3 on PC got mod support. Download or create your custom game that way.

But given your posts, it's pretty clear that Treyarch Zombies is not your kind of game in the first place, so maybe instead of trying to change the game a ton of people like the way it is, how about you just play something else?
The eight new maps certainly won't change any of that. And yes, they are unoffically announced already - people found text-strings to them in yesterdays update - and get their official announcement on Thursday.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Bindal said:
given your posts, it's pretty clear that Treyarch Zombies is not your kind of game in the first place
Actually... It is. Again, I spent so many hours with my friends in front of the 360 just playing and surviving wave after wave of Kino Der Toten. It was awesome. Only Halo 3 matched the awesomeness of that. (Although Halo 3 kicks so many games' asses in terms of local multiplayer in my opinion.) Nah, I'm complaining about the solo mode. Zombies in MP, though lacking a lot of customization I would have liked, is fine. It's great.

Speaking of which, it looks like you're really not a fan of customization in games in general. If you're asking why anyone would ever want to change such things then you clearly haven't seen the popularity of many insanely customizable games such as the aforementioned Halo 3, Garry's Mod, Skyrim, and Unreal Tournament.