You people are ridiculous

Dante DiVongola

Jul 1, 2011
Eh, it's McDonald's. They'd probably charge you for ketchup packets, straws, and napkins if they could. Plus it's not really worth the bitching for paying 1 measly dollar extra for cheese when you could find better food out in the dumpster of a Motel 6.

Anyways, if DLC had story lines that intertwined with the main plot in an interesting way. Hell, it'd even be nice if we had different costumes, skins, weapons, or something along those lines. But the simple fact is that we hardly get either anymore. It's not worth the investment and to be completely honest, a game developer should put everything they feel they need to put in there to complete the story.

I can understand having a DLC for an story arc that isn't long enough to make a full game of it's own, but not short enough to fit in to the game. But it seems that the game devs are caring less and less about making a game that naturally completes itself. But that's just me pissing and moaning about the regression of video games and I should totally want them to actually do a good fucking job on something that's actually their day job.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
EA can cut up their games in 100 pieces and charge $60 for each minute in the form of DLC for all I care.
Result is simply that we won't be buying and we'll be telling why.

The current DLC scheme for ME3 is no different in essence, only in scale. People don't think it's worth $60 for the incomplete game and $10 for tiny DLC and are voicing their opinions.
Me, I'll be waiting for the "complete" or "platinum" edition, cheap somewhere down the line, maybe, if I'm interested then.

Sure some gamers may be making an elephant out of it, but that's just entertaining.
Now we have yet another EA/Bioware/ME hate thread. Fun stuff.

Cobalt Cobalt

Feb 16, 2012
Surely in your example it's more like they put the cheese on the burger anyway and told you to pay extra or eat around it?

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I don't like day one DLC. Gaming was fine before it. Finish the game, release it. Developers don't have to work extra hard to make shit that wouldn't otherwise be in the game. Just chill. Remember when we bought games because they were fun and not because of the extra content? Good days, right?

DLC is good. But I only like it if there's an expansion like Brotherhood's Da Vinci disappearance because that was almost independent from the game. It was a new and brief adventure. Same thing with Red Dead Redemption's zombie thing and Infamous 2's vampire DLC.

Or we could go the route of Phantasy Star where they just make a new adventure and release it seperately (Phantasy Star: Ambition of Illuminus).

Also, why the bitching about cheeseburgers costing more than burgers? There's more stuff on it. 99 cents is ridiculous, but the charge itself really isn't.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
those crooks! i say we right a petition to mcdonalds!
[HEADING=1]FREE CHEESE FOR EVERY CUSTOMER![/HEADING]

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I'm fine with launch DLC.But Valve has proven you don't have to charge for it.

PC gaming in general release free extras unless it really is a whole new campaign like an expansion pack such as Half Life Opposing Force or Call of Duty: United Offensive. If developers want to work on some extra stuff while the game is going through testing, that doesn't mean you have to charge for it. Just have it available as free download to increase value of product... so more people will want to buy it... and they make more money.

The TF2 model is a healthy middle ground for little things like new weapons paying to get things sooner. A bit like paying to level up in Call of Duty online when you could just be patient and play on. Of course, TF2 doesn't put any financial barriers to the DOZENS of new maps and modes!

MomoElektra

Mar 11, 2012
Grenge Di Origin said:
God, what is with these fucking gamers, it's like they're expecting a completed product when they pay full price for it, or something...
I mean, what year do they think this is, 1985?
Yeah, it's sad. I just imagined this: Someone buys a new Mercedes. Everythings exactly as it should be, the leather seats, the GPS, the motor is purring like a cat and all that. Just one thing does not work: You can open the trunk from the outside with a key alright, but from inside you can only open it on the passenger's side.

It's not a big problem. The car can drive and a button on the wrong side like this one does not violate any laws. Only... it's inconvenient. It makes no sense. So the buyer gets annoyed because it is so impractical. Why oh why did they put the button there? Car's usually have it on the driver's side, because that's the one place in the car where a person is most definitely going to sit.

Thing is, the designer of that car wanted to be original and put the button on the other side on purpose. So that every driver in that car always thinks about that artsy decision when they want to open the trunk from the inside. Because it would make people talk about that car design and that car. Maybe even that design came from someone who doesn't drive him/herself.

And now come a bunch of people who either seem to not use their trunk at all, don't mind leaning over to the passenger's seat or getting up and open the trunk from the outside and complain that our buyer, who wrote to the car company what a stupid decision that was and who thought he'd bought a car where he didn't have a problem like that (since it was marketed as super-duper-driver-friendly) and who is hoping the company is going to fix it, since this is not exactly the product he thought he was buying... gets called an entitled whiner for not swallowing that stupid artsy concept? It's just a button, after all. There are starving kids in Africa, for Gawd's sake. The company made that car as it is and damn it should stay like that!

People complaining about complainers makes about as much sense as the ending.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Phlakes said:
What say you to being able to put the DLC into the game without buying it by changing one piece of code?
The DLC is proven to be on the disk, does your OP still stand?

Just curious, I don't own the game and I probably never will. I was a loyal fan who was waiting for the game and with all the talk about ME3 had the game ruined for me before I'd even bought it.

Lithan

Mar 11, 2012
Last time I was in Mcdonalds cheese was actually a discount. You could get a double cheeseburger for $1. You couldn't get a double hamburger for that. I had to order a double cheeseburger hold the cheese and explain to them they better charge me $1 for it not the $2.39 or whatever the double hamburger was to get what I wanted.

So you fail at making an analogy.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I would pay for extra bacon though. :)

Myself, i dont give a crap about day one dlc. I only buy it if im interested in it. No one is forced to buy it and these threads are getting stupid. Its a non issue, just dont buy it if you dont want it. Also, if instead of day one, they released it 3 months later, is that any better? Your still paying for it after all. End of the day they are companies and they want to make money. They are not making games for you, they are making games to sell and make a profit.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
So what I gather from this thread is that I could either download From Ashes or I could watch a couple clips on youtube, modify my .ini file, and buy (depending on where I live) 2-10 cheeseburgers.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Grenge Di Origin said:
God, what is with these fucking gamers, it's like they're expecting a completed product when they pay full price for it, or something...
I mean, what year do they think this is, 1985?
Atmos Duality said:
Yeah! Those *entitled*, pretentious gamers!
HOW DARE THEY.

They should feel lucky that they get anything more than an intro screen and the credits!
I'm going to quote you and start an inconsequential argument, is that all right with you?
Heh. That's a new one. "Good day fine sir, would you mind if I wasted your time and test your patience?" Well, would it change your mind at all if I told you that the text you quoted was intended as hyperbolic sarcasm?

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sYp-eggD1Q&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ&index=8&feature=plpp_video
11:20

TB on the issue of entitlement.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/13/mass-effect-3-and-the-pernicious-myth-of-gamer-entitlement/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/10/the-problem-with-biowares-mass-effect-3-day-one-dlc-from-ashes/

Forbes.

Arcadian Legend

Blame your fate!
Jan 9, 2012
Sassafrass said:
Redlin5 said:
Oh you Yanks, eating at such horrible restaurants. I say boycott the cheese, that will work right?
Boycott cheese?

I'm afraid I can't do that, cheese makes up a good 87% of my daily intake of awesome foods. The rest is bacon. With melted cheese on it.
I like this human. He understands. But yeah, people really should just deal with it and move on.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
While I understand DLCs that follows soon after game
I still consider day1 DLCs fishy :(

Also I don't like buying every tiny DLC (too much hassle with paying for every DLC)
Give me some sort of option to buy them in front (like 10 next DLCs) and then download them when they are out
I would buy such subscription