You spent how much?!

Dec 9, 2009
I dropped a couple hundred dollars on a laser after a friend of mine sent me the link. I do not regret the purchase. I can now burn things with a laser.

DoctorFrankenStein

Jul 4, 2011
New Frontiersman said:
Happy Sock Puppet said:
I spent 120 dollars on the entire set of Avatar: The Last Airbender DVD's.
I love that show! I actually bought all the DVD box sets too. It was worth it.

DoctorFrankenStein said:
In better economic times I bought a full-size, male human skeleton from Ebay for $80.

And before anyone freaks, it's not a real one, it's one of those full-size, anatomically correct, plastic/resin models you find in good science labs and Doctor's offices.
Normally I'm pretty frugal, but that I couldn't resist. He sat on my couch in boxers for about three days before I stitched him up a nice black robe with flared sleeves and a hood.
That's awesome! That is probably the best most nonsensical purchase ever! I bet it's a hit at Halloween, hell I bet it's a hit all the time!
Thanks. :]
Grim's cool, one of my most prized possessions. Funny thing, one of my last boyfriends had a long-term goal that he wanted to get a Real Doll. I told him that would be terrific, he could get his doll and me my skeleton, and we'll have a tea party. ;D
And the last time I moved I buckled him into the passenger seat behind me. I got some wild looks from the other drivers out on the highway.
Surprisingly he's come in handy several times. I'm an artist and one of my favorite subjects is Death and the Maiden. He's 'posed' for several of my paintings and drawings.
And since he never gets up, our cats like to sleep in his lap too. ;3

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
emeraldrafael said:
artanis_neravar said:
Did you know why he wanted it before hand?
No not really. he just walked up to me,s aid Im in a bit of a bind money wise and could use 100 dollars. and of course, being the good friend I said oka. Then being the dick that i am around my friends I bought him.

hes a clean kid and doesnt drink (of course he doesnt hes under age. haha ha... ha... ) so I knew whatever he needed it for was probably important. I honestly just thought he needed it for gas money or something iwth his car (cause its an older model).
I can tell you that I would have felt like an ass after that lol

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
If I had a job, I would buy Tail Concerto on Amazon right away. $70 is alot for me.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
emeraldrafael said:
artanis_neravar said:
No not really. he just walked up to me,s aid Im in a bit of a bind money wise and could use 100 dollars. and of course, being the good friend I said oka. Then being the dick that i am around my friends I bought him.

hes a clean kid and doesnt drink (of course he doesnt hes under age. haha ha... ha... ) so I knew whatever he needed it for was probably important. I honestly just thought he needed it for gas money or something iwth his car (cause its an older model).
Eh, like I said, im a dick around my friends, and they are around me and to each other. we all like to do some healthy (if not unconventional) joshing around with the other. I didnt honestly expect him to pay me back, and the gift was well over 100 dollar so he probably sold himself to a couple other firends instead of us (well, them) doing the logical thing of just pooling their money together for one gift.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
emeraldrafael said:
artanis_neravar said:
emeraldrafael said:
artanis_neravar said:

Eh, like I said, im a dick around my friends, and they are around me and to each other. we all like to do some healthy (if not unconventional) joshing around with the other. I didnt honestly expect him to pay me back, and the gift was well over 100 dollar so he probably sold himself to a couple other firends instead of us (well, them) doing the logical thing of just pooling their money together for one gift.
Oh I still would have enjoyed it, but I might have felt bad. And I understand about unconventional joshing around, I currently appear to be in a war of some kind with my best friends fiance (I consider her a friend)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Oh I still would have enjoyed it, but I might have felt bad. And I understand about unconventional joshing around, I currently appear to be in a war of some kind with my best friends fiance (I consider her a friend)
oka. and like I said, i ddint expect him to pay me back. hes a friend, he knows Im there for him when times get tough, and underneath all of the joking around theres a serious side for whent he occasion calls. So I realy thought he needed the money for something important, like gas or a car part or a bill. The only time I felt bad was after he said he bought it for me on his own and after my other friends said he asked them for money too.

hes one of those kinda people that doesnt like asking for money ever, but his family is really poor. And I already knw hes going to pay myself and the people he asked for money back out of his job, so if he sells his car one day I'll knoww hy. or ifhe doesnt have gas money and has to walk in the rain to get to work.

so yeah. underneath, we're (my friends and I) all good people when you get down to it, we just like to dick arund a lot.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
I piss money away like I'm drunk.

I'm going to leave it at "I have thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of guitars and tattoos."

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Oy, a stereo system for my car, including a 50-pound subwoofer. Cost me $300 Canadian, and I had to install it myself. The wires cost an additional $90. It did help me in the future though. Bitches be noticing!

Feb 9, 2011
I wasn't looking for one, but there was a magnificent sale on TVs online, so I browsed around for a bit and threw them $700.00 for one. Great price and I needed to replace my TV anyway.

geezah91

Feb 17, 2010
I spent ?100 on shots on St. Patrick's day in 2010...with most of my "senior"(6th) year...in the space of 2 hours...and I had school the next morning.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
My football club won two premierships on the weekend (A grade and B grade). I checked my bank account on Monday... I genuinely thought I had been robbed and immediately called a few people asking that if this was the case or if I at least paid for a hooker or something... Unfortunately I just drank a lot...

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Recently? 35$ on a 16 inch pizza and wings.

For which they didn't give me sauce. So it was just chicken tenders. Which I ended up eating out of the trash can later because I was blazed out of my mind and thought "Hey, why the fuck not"

The reason why the fuck not was because they were cold, and ended up making me throw up later that night.

Edit: I'd also like to mention that I had only had 40$ left on my account at the time, so that was one of the most irresponsible things I could have done.

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
I guess this isn't -technically- on a whim, but when my keyboard that I had for a few years finally died, a Logitech G11, I looked at the newer ones and decided that I could not do without it. Being an older keyboard and not in production anymore, I decided to instantly spend $100 on another one once I found a place that had it.

Edit: I also preordered TES:V Skyrim Collector's edition the day I found out it was released for preorder (A day after it was officially announced) as well as a Hard Cover Guide for Skyrim. About $180 before shipping.