You -vs- The 300

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Seeing as how my avatar can turn into a giant demonic dreadnought that fires lasers and summons Heartless into battle, I'll just get him to take care of the 300 dudes. Whether they be 300 dudes or 300 spartans, nothing can withstand such a destructive force (except maybe a 14 year old brat with a giant key)

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
My avatar? Hello extra crispy remains. If not my avatar? An Arctic Warfare sniper rifle and about 600 rounds. I know there are only 300 of them, but I want to be sure. XD

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
loc978 said:
Me versus 300 Spartan warriors at Thermopylae?

...like someone before me mentioned, I'll take along an M249 SAW and four reloads in my tactical vest... four more in a backpack, too, just in case.

If I were to call on my avatar, he'd wind up doing all the work. He can just snap his fingers and burn 'em all to a crisp anyway.
lol do you even know how much that would weigh. It's 7.1 kg for the standard. and about 3kg give or take per 200 round belt reload. add in extra barrels which you will need as you have to replace the barrel after every 200 round and you is looking at about 35 kg's of load plus whatever else you have on you. 8 belts is also a lot of bulk. I used this weapon and apart from it being a support weapon, as in needs two people to operate well, the belts don't fit on your webbing. way too bulky even in load bags. :)

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
M240, a wheelbarrow full of ammo.

Greek phalanxes are perfect machinegun fodder, all 300 would be dead or dying after the first few seconds of fire.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Well, this is... Eeh... You see, my avatar (that is, my cat) is dead, so I wonder about its usability in a fight. Then again, I don't really need it as I am the UNQUESTIONABLE MASTER AT ALL. So, since I am the very best necromancer there will ever be I resurrect my cat, and they'll have to fight the unquestionable master of zombie cats cat.. thingy. :3

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
GloatingSwine said:
M240, a wheelbarrow full of ammo.

Greek phalanxes are perfect machinegun fodder, all 300 would be dead or dying after the first few seconds of fire.
And yet another person that obviously has no idea how a machine gun works. machine guns fire in an ovoid and typically only 50% of the round will hit something even if its tightly packed and that's being generous. so lets say you are the machine gun god and you manage to get that 50% hit rate that's still 600 rounds, that's 3 belt changes and three barrel changes. If you are very good you could do it in like 4 - 5 minutes if you got no jams. and then you would have to stop because after all that firing you will need to let the gun sit for about 20 minutes to cool before it could be fired again.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
RevRaptor said:
loc978 said:

...like someone before me mentioned, I'll take along an M249 SAW and four reloads in my tactical vest... four more in a backpack, too, just in case.

If I were to call on my avatar, he'd wind up doing all the work. He can just snap his fingers and burn 'em all to a crisp anyway.
lol do you even know how much that would weigh. It's 7.1 kg for the standard. and about 3kg give or take per 200 round belt reload. add in extra barrels which you will need as you have to replace the barrel after every 200 round and you is looking at about 35 kg's of load plus whatever else you have on you. 8 belts is also a lot of bulk. I used this weapon and apart from it being a support weapon, as in needs two people to operate well, the belts don't fit on your webbing. way too bulky even in load bags. :)
hmph. Fully aware how much it weighs. I used to be an automatic rifleman in my fire team. That's the load I used to carry. All by myself... and the belts are nicely contained in easy-to-carry plastic boxes.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Ehm. . My avatar is a guy armed with a plastic sword sooo. . Weapons already taken, you know what? I bet I could travel that 100 Miles faster than they could. I throw my avatar to the wolves and run for my life. Hahahaha. My three weapons are, fear and surprise, ruthless effeciency. And unquestionable devotion to the pope- I mean. Four weapons, Fear and surprise, ruthless effeciency.- Bugger.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
loc978 said:
RevRaptor said:
loc978 said:

hmph. Fully aware how much it weighs. I used to be an automatic rifleman in my fire team. That's the load I used to carry. All by myself... and the belts are nicely contained in easy-to-carry plastic boxes.
Ha Ha you American's are daft. In NZ forces the gunner only carries 400 rounds, his loader carries the rest. With any extra ammo being spread around the section. makes it easier on the gunner and makes it easier to re crew the gun if the gunner gets pop'd. Still I can understand you wanting all that ammo the M16 is a pretty unreliable rifle. Little bit of dirt and the bastard jams up like a dog with toffee in its mouth. The LMG is about the only reliable weapon you have. I really felt sorry for the poor bastards in Iraq. Running around in the desert with a weapon that is that intolerant of sand.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
I'll have an M134 Minigun with 60,000 rounds of ammo, that'll give me roughly 30 minutes of firing time. Then to mop up the stragglers I'll have a full size Les Baer 1911 with four 7 round magazines.

Reptiloid

Nov 10, 2010
I'd suck at fighting in real life, so I guess I'd summon my avatar. Not sure what SHODAN could do to help though, perhaps manipulate them into fighting among themselves... or close a door between us. Something like that.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Use my avatar in this problem. It's a fucking Dalek, it'll slaughter them all in less than hour while I laugh my ass off at them trying to attack it. :D

Pirakahunter788

Feb 4, 2011
Let's see here.
I've got a Creeper by my side, twin lightsabers in my hands, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
300, here I come.