Your All-Time Favorite Shooter...

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I would ahve to say HL2 due to the hours I have pured into that game. There are better shooters but this one is my favourite.

blackguard89

Aug 5, 2010
Hmmm
For a multiplayer mode, I will say Half Life 2.....Killing people with trash bins, lockers and other stuff is amusing, oh and the crossbow too.I had lots of fun, wnd my friends were like...."WTF? Where did he shoot from ?"

For singleplayer I dunno if this counts, but Hellgate:London was preety awesome, well maybe I'm just saying that because I'm a rpg-er at the core.
Hmm Scratch that for single player, i say Hidden and Dangerous 2, most awesome 3rd/fps I've played and it is kind of old by todays standards.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Goldeneye, No perfect Dark topped that.

Wait, Halo 1! No Halo 2 topped that. Wait, Half Life 1. No Half Life 2 topped that.
Hmm maybe Cod 2, or COD MW2.

No I'm gonna go with Halo 2. Final answer. It had multiplayer which puts it above half life, simply due to the online and couch coop.

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
ether Half-Life 2 or Halo 1, its weird because I think half-life 2 is a better game (best ever imo) but I like playing halo allot more. Halo has more fun gameplay but hl2 is just an all around more polished well thought out experience. Halo 2 a close second because Ive put more hours into it than any other game

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
sirkai007 said:
Sacman said:
Deus Ex... but I'm hoping the announced prequel will take it's place... I doubt it though...
It looks promising but shiny pretty game trailers are a way to cover up piles of donkey shit. But on the other hand, if all you have in the game is shiny and pretty then you shouldn't make a donkey shit trailer should you?

OT What this guy said. That and Thief.
Well one of my biggest problems with what the trailers are presenting is the fact that DE:HR seems to be relying too much on pre-rendered and pre-scripted animation rather than the game play it's self, you know Deus Ex has never been about the presentation it's always been about the content and design and the developers seem to be missing the point and skimping out on the RPG and choice elements to concentrate on the flashier parts but than again the trailer just has to appeal to enough people so it could be they aren't highlighting the right parts of the game to the fan base...

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Super Metroid, Metroid Prime or Perfect Dark. I honestly can't tell which one I like more.

As a single player game I would say the Metroid games since it has the best atmosphere, music and bosses. However, I also love Perfect Dark because the game has everything except online play.

Nukarama

Jun 11, 2010
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (it's a mouthful)

EDIT:
Captain Pirate said:
Battlefield: Bad Company.
Legendary game, epic multiplayer, hilarious and unique campaign taking the piss of these all-too-serious other modern shooters, and doing it brilliantly. Multiplayer warfare is truly inspired.
I would choose the sequel, but that is too good and has gone far beyond what the human mind can comprehend as 'awesome', and is therefore disqualified for automatically winning. If that makes sense.
I love Bad Company!
You still play? I am waiting for my new copy of Rainbow six (old one got fucked up), so BCompany is all I play online right now. Add me: my Gamertag is Nukarama.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Shit man, I've been playing FPSs since Wolfenstein 3D was new, do you have any idea how many I've played?

I can't choose one game and say it's an "all time favourite", because there are too many diverse and occasionally mutually exclusive facets to what I consider a "good shooter" to encapsulate in a single game.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Call of Duty: United Offensive. The multiplayer was the best multiplayer ever. No doubt in my mind. I hate that it died... and I also hate how I have 3 different copies of it and all of them are missing one or both CDs...

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
FPS:
- Half Life series
- TF2
- Portal (does it count?)
- Crysis

TPS:
- Mass effect series
... haven't played a lot of TPS's, actually :p

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
Eggsnham said:
For mine, I guess I'll have to say Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Why? Because looking back I had a buttload of fun with it, and because my mind is too blank to think of anything better.
I may say Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as well. I love the first person aspects of it, it was a great shooter but also the third person cover system worked really well. I loved that game and I'm desperately waiting for a the next Rainbow Six game, although I may have to settle for Ghost Recon Future Soldier. It seems that game is combing Rainbow Six elements with it.