- Your Ancestry? -

Proctorninja

Apr 15, 2009
i am cuban and german for all i know and im pretty sure i might have some african in me cuz i am really dark for a latino oh and for the medieval ages question most definite japan i love the bushido code and samurai

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I don't know anything about my distant ancestry, unless you can trace the exceptionally common name of Smith back over several centuries. All I know is that my maternal grandparents were both from two seperate Smith families, in central England. My paternal grandparents were both Serbian immigrants who met and married in the UK, and my dad is therefore English but of Serbian descent. Hence my odd name (my username is actually my real first name, and means Trevor in English).

So yeah, half Serbian, half English, though I consider myself fully English apart from my name as we don't really talk to my dad's side of the family (he's effectively distanced himself from them completely).

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
done the family tree back to the 1200s and then after that (through rough matches, records kinda suck beyond that) to around 800

luckily my name is stupidly rare and everyone with it is pretty much related and the vast majority live in 2/3 shires in the UK

that name goes back to viking nobility and the family name is the name of two villages in the UK where they first landed to go rape and pillage and then set up a second base (for same reasons)

sounds cool but they are both sewage treatment plants now :( Still I plan to one day ride back on a horse and claim my lands..err plants back

my mothers side goes straight back to Mr Wallace of the braveheart type (about 17th/19th great cousin)...but I like the viking (dads) side better for some reason

my best friend at juniour school was the great great grandson of florence nightingale though...thats pretty cool I think

UltraParanoia

Oct 11, 2009
Norwegian, Irish, Welsh, Norman French*, Swede, Dane, Scot, English.

I am decended from vikings, bogtrotting islanders and frogs(But at least the only frogs who were decent fighters)

*Fun fact about my frenchness, I have a relative who has a statue in Montreal, and most of my ancestors in Canadia were, in fact, French Canadian Lumberjacks.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Scottish on both the maternal and paternal sides for the Clan MacLeod of Harris. Direct blood descendant of our progenitor, Ljotr, son of Olaus the Black King of the Isle of Mann and the Hebrides, son of Godfredson the Red, King of Iceland. So, there's Nordic in there as well.

I'm related by marriage to the Royal House of Stewart, which is said to descend from the line of Jesus for those that follow the ideology of the Priory of Scion.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I've been told Scotch/English/Danish. While nobody has said Irish, my mother is stereotypical to an extreme.

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
I don't really know much about my family members that are alive, nevermind the ancestors. If I was to take a guess then I'd say the romans might have had something to do with my dad's line, due to my nose.

tipp6353

Oct 7, 2009
I have Irish,Scottish,Dutch,German blood and my great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
I am 75% irish(would have been 100% if it wasnt for my mom >.>) and my family comes from what use to be a powerful clan that eventuly broke from reasons im still looking for.So if i was born in midevil times,i would have been in Irerland(exuse me if that was spelt rong)

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
Furburt said:
I'm Irish, and I've traced it back quite a few centuries, I'm essentially 95% Irish Gaelic, and 5% Scots Gaelic. I'm actually directly descended from the O'Neills and the O'Rourkes, two clans that were both high kings of Ireland for quite some time.

So, not much travel going on in my family, but it's nice to know where you come from.

As for your question, China. They were very innovative at that point.
If ur traced back from the O'Neills,then we were once related because I am an O'Neill.

ZydrateDealer

Nov 17, 2009
micky said:
ZydrateDealer said:
micky said:
i am French, dutch and English, mix them together and what do you get?
English....the English all come from Germany France and The Netherlands.
Personally I think it doeesn't matter where you come from, what matters is how you treat people. OT I'm Cymry, if I was born during the middle ages...I'd probably lead a rebellion against England and reclaim Britain for the true britsh and teach all those delightful racists a lesson. :)
sure some but there all quite different, its like saying the french all came from england and the Netherlands, if you go far back enough there really isn't much of a difference from cymry/welsh and British.
Nope noone really comes from anywhere other than the north african/middle eastern area of the world, the difference between our ancestry is that when you go back to a certain point there were no english people only celts in britain, also what the hell are you talking about you mad man the french would never have come from england?? France is older than England...also interesting footnote the saxons are germanic and the franks are germanic so really the English and French aren't all that different, another footnote I've got an English mate who has family in france and he's matches the description of a Gaul (the Celtic French) so see it really doesn't matter what you're nationality is coz white people are all Russians :)

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
My mum is Russian-born Australian, my dad is German-Born Australian. I'm a 1st generation Aussie, and damn proud of it.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm from Sweden, and so is me pa and me mam and me grandpas and me grandmams. And so on.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
I'm mostly English, with a touch of Scottish, and then a nice bit of Eastern Cherokee and Mississippi Choctaw.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
My grandmother is welsh, my grandfather is finnish. My grandmother on my mother's side is cherokee. I am white. Like, really white. But! My ancestry can actually be dated back to Anne Hathaway (not the actress).

For all of you who don't know, she was Shakespeare's wife. Yes. My great-great-great-great...great aunt was Shakespeares wife.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Let's see my mom is Ecuadorian, and my dad is half-Italian, and half-Europe (that includes, French, Irish, Danish, Russian, an much, much more). So if I were born in Medieval times... It's litteraly impossible. All my ancestors would've been fighting, 'cept my Maternal ancestors who lived on the other side of the world.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
AH, this is a topic which I know about. I am actually directly descended from William The Conqueror on one side, and Channel Island fishermen on the other. Quite a varying scale there

And as to your second question, I don't really know...probably 'Londinium' (?) it's Roman, I know...