Your anime 3x3

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009

For the newbie anime lover, these are (left to right): Big O, Gundam, Fullmetal Alchemist, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Log Horizon, Fooly Cooly (also known as FLCL), Kill La Kill, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Princess Mononoke.

Really liking No Game No Life though, might replace Log Horizon with it if it ends on a good note.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
This is an interesting thread, I'll give it a shot.
[small]Please be gentle, these happen to be things that I love.[/small]

[HEADING=1]
Tinkle's Top 9 Anime
[/HEADING]​

1st Row) Kill La Kill --- Neon Genesis Evangelion --- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

2nd Row) Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! --- Gosick --- Kara no Kyoukai

3rd Row) K-On! --- Steins;Gate --- Black Rock Shooter

[hr]

Drummodino said:
SNIP LA SNIIIIIIP! We have to be as one. Don't be afraid.... *sings off into the distance*
*drum roll*

You get: 7/9!

I've never seen Durarara!, what is it about?

And, I'm going to get crucified for this, I really didn't like the second season of Sword Art Online. Kinda soured the whole experience for me. /:

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Shodex said:
Alright, I'm starting to see that my taste doesn't really mesh with the rest of yours. I'll just post mine and get out of your hair.
Don't be like that, man! 3/9 for anime, 4/9 manga. You're like the only other person I've seen who's even heard of a bride's story, let alone read it. I like a lot of historical anime/manga. If I did my own manga 3x3, vinland, monster, and berserk would definitely be on there.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
[http://s149.photobucket.com/user/Dala_karn/media/Anime3X3.png.html]
From left to right, row by row.
Dragon Ball Z, Black Lagoon, Ghost in the Shell
Hellsing, One Piece, Deathnote (only there to make numbers up)
Berserk, Kill La Kill, Fullmetal Alchemist

for the most part a very action-focused taste with a (un)healthy splattering of gore. Bleach would have been in if it didn't go down hill after like the 2nd story arc (Soul Society arc), the Arrancar were interesting but how they powered up Ichigo and friends and how he's is not only a human shinigami but also a Visored, a Fullbringer and a quincy got ridiculous.

AdrianCeltigar

Jan 8, 2011
Here's mine: I opted to make it 16:9 instead of a square.

Left to right: Tatami Galaxy, Kara no Kyoukai, Natsume Yuujinchou, Bakemonogatari, Usagi Drop, Mushi-shi, Spice and Wolf, Ghost in the Shell, Steins;Gate.

Yeah I have weird taste.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Anime's from left to right: Baka & Test, Attack on Titan, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?, Cowboy Bebop, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Samurai Champloo, Mirai Nikki, and Madooka Magooka Madoka Magica.

The only reason Persona 4 isn't here is because it wouldn't be fair since it's already my favorite game.
Drummodino said:
StormShaun said:
Elfgore said:
sextus the crazy said:
6/9, maybe 7 if I ever get to watching Trigun.
Kitsune Hunter said:

II2

Mar 13, 2010
AKIRA, GHOST IN THE SHELL, NINJA SCROLL,
DEAD LEAVES, ATTACK ON TITAN, HIGURASHI (When They Cry),
PERFECT BLUE, SAYA NO UTA, AEON FLUX,

The last two are not strictly anime, by definition, but I would rank, regardless.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Um, is it alright that I'm too lazy to look up the pictures to my favorite anime?

If so, just picture this:

Row 1: Black Lagoon; Bleach; Blue Exorcist.
Row 2: Cardcaptors; Persona 4; G Gundam
Row 3: Soul Eater; Attack on Titan.

Sorry it's not quite a 3x3, but I'm not a big anime fan, and most of these I watched on Toonami... if any one has a suggestion based on whats above, I'm open to just about anything.

EDIT: was reminded of AoT.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010

Jeez, it took a while to really narrow down my choices. The last time I tried to give a top 10 list to someone, it ended up being a top 15, simply because of the variety of series that I like.

Some honorable mentions that I was considering including but I didn't:
Clannad
Code Geass
Baccano
Durarara
FMA: Brotherhood (I think it's better than the '03 series by a long shot)
Sunday Without God
Little Busters
NouCome (AKA My Mental Choices are Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy)
Fate/Zero and Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
One Week Friends (it's not yet over and I want to see how it ends before including it in a top anime list)
No Game No Life (same as above)
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation (truthfully, I've never seen the whole thing. I kinda want to watch it with someone, but haven't gotten the chance to yet.)

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
So, from left right, these are the ones that still stand out in my mind to this day.

Nichijou, Angel Beats!, Madoka Magica, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Code Geass, Clannad (YES, I have a soft spot), Another, Shakugan no Shana and Log Horizon.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
SuperSuperSuperGuy said:

Jeez, it took a while to really narrow down my choices. The last time I tried to give a top 10 list to someone, it ended up being a top 15, simply because of the variety of series that I like.

Clannad
Code Geass
Baccano
Durarara
Sunday Without God
Little Busters
One Week Friends (it's not yet over and I want to see how it ends before including it in a top anime list)
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation (truthfully, I've never seen the whole thing. I kinda want to watch it with someone, but haven't gotten the chance to yet.)
Fantastic list, mate! I'm surprised others even like half of those shows you listed. 8/9

@Deserteagleeye: How in the hell did I forget Is This a Zombie? That anime got me to watch subs for the first time! Fantastic anime. 5/9

mindfaQ

Dec 6, 2013
Nice topic
my 3x3:
In western reading order:
Escaflowne, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Hunter X Hunter 2011, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Cross Game, Ergo Proxy, Dragonball (+Z), Hikaru No Go

I have pretty bad compatibility with many of you guys. But I've seen Nodame Cantabile in the lists and this almost got on mine as well, so that list gets a thumbs up from me :p

karloss01's list is the top scorer for me with 5/9.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Elfgore said:
SuperSuperSuperGuy said:

Clannad
Code Geass
Baccano
Durarara
Sunday Without God
Little Busters
Fantastic list, mate! I'm surprised others even like half of those shows you listed. 8/9
Thank you very much, friend! Sadly, I don't think I can really accurately rate yours since I've only seen three of the nine, those being OreImo, Haganai and Fullmetal Alchemist, which incidentally is the entire right-hand column. I do like all three of them, though. I've heard good things about Baka and Test, as well as Golden Time and Date a Live, and I'm in the middle (well, more like somewhere around the beginning) of watching Sword Art Online and The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. The only one I don't really know anything about is Highschool DxD.

If I had to give a tentative rating, I think I'd give an 8/9, as well.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Curiously I've only seen exactly 9 animes from start to finish. Before I watch the first episode, I try to make sure I'm actually going to enjoy it. When I get to episode 2 of anything I don't like I go: "Well fuck, I have to watch the entire thing now."
Durarara!!
Danganronpa: The Animation
Kill la Kill
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)
Afro Samurai
Baccano!
Cowboy Bebop

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I'm sorry but I have way too many favorite anime than just 9.

That and I have no idea how to post those 3x3 in a spoiler tag even if I had to choose.

PS: If someone can quote me and tell me how I will gladly google some pictures and place them. (make sure you say what size the picture should be as well).

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
DarkhoIlow said:

That and I have no idea how to post those 3x3 in a spoiler tag even if I had to choose.

PS: If someone can quote me and tell me how I will gladly google some pictures and place them. (make sure you say what size the picture should be as well).
The secret is that you can't. All of the images are made in photoshop or MS paint from anime assets. It's not too hard, like 30 minutes at most.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
sextus the crazy said:
DarkhoIlow said:

The secret is that you can't. All of the images are made in photoshop or MS paint from anime assets. It's not too hard, like 30 minutes at most.
Ah I see..oh well since I have no idea how to make them I might as well list them:

1st row: Stein;Gate, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Code Geass
2nd row: Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, Attack on Titan
3rd row: Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mirai Nikki, Highschool DxD

seaweed

May 19, 2014

Mawaru Penguindrum, Tatami Galaxy, Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Haibane Renmei, Princess Tutu, Mushishi
FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Lucky Star

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009

I can't rate anyone's because a lot of theirs are anime I don't know or am not a fan of the genre and don't want to judge. :)

Edit: In retrospect, I probably would put Welcome to the NHK on there in lieu of Gurren Lagann, but I forgot about it. Don't have time to change it now.