Your anime 3x3

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I'm in a 3x3 thread and it's not on 4chan's /v/. This is a new experience for me. No inexplicable thread deletions!

From top left to bottom right: Kyousougiga, Isshuunkan Tomodachi, Sekai de Ichiban, Jormungand, Yuyushiki, Occult Academy, Maouyuusha, Kill La Kill and No Game No Life.

9 Honourable Mentions: Bakemonogatari. Katanagatari. SAO before the awful episode that ends the Aincrad arc... Alfhiem was just okay. Kotoura-san. Haganai. Gurren Lagann. Soranowoto. C3 Club. Seitokai Yakuindomo.

Edit: Oh, in before somebody says my runners up are better than my top 9.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
karloss01 said:
[http://s149.photobucket.com/user/Dala_karn/media/Anime3X3.png.html]
From left to right, row by row.
Dragon Ball Z, Black Lagoon, Ghost in the Shell
Hellsing, One Piece, Deathnote (only there to make numbers up)
Berserk, Kill La Kill, Fullmetal Alchemist
Aerosteam said:
Curiously I've only seen exactly 9 animes from start to finish. Before I watch the first episode, I try to make sure I'm actually going to enjoy it. When I get to episode 2 of anything I don't like I go: "Well fuck, I have to watch the entire thing now."
Durarara!!
Danganronpa: The Animation
Kill la Kill
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)
Afro Samurai
Baccano!
Cowboy Bebop
These two are definitely the closest to my tastes. Although I find it interesting that Kill la Kill is on both lists, since I've avoided it like the plague since it's made by the same people who made Gurren Lagann, which ranks slightly lower than self-castration with a blunt scalpel for me.

Mine would be something like
Baccano! - Hellsing Ultimate - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Code Geass - Fate/Zero
Danganronpa: The Animation - Durarara!! - Attack on Titan OR Death Note

It's a tough choice between the last two, simply because while the first seasons of both were brilliant, the second season of Death Note was a major letdown and although I enjoyed Attack on Titan while I watched it, I've realised that I simply don't care what happens next. Probably because I hate the main character so much.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Alright, in order from most favorite to, um, least? (I don't really want to use that in describing favorite anime)

From left to right:

Top Row: FLCL, Madoka Magica, Welcome to the NHK
Middle Row: Kino's Journey, Bakemonogatari, K-ON!
Bottom Row: Evangelion, Death Note, Perfect Blue

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Kitsune Hunter said:
2/9, I love JoJo and that's another anime I need to watch Clannad, would you recommend it?
It is honestly the highest thing I can recommend, well, at least in the romance and drama genre. Plus if you don't like the whole "moe" thing, you might want to miss it, it has a lot of that.

Though to me, it is the best drama and romance anime ever. Even more so than Anohana and Angel Beats. (Which seems to be a popular choice on this site)
You can call me biased though, especially since Clannad made me join a RP on here, and play as the Main Character for many years.
Even now I have him as my Avatar/custom title (although it is crossed over with Sword Art Online).

Hochmeister

Jun 2, 2011
Suppose it's about time I made one of these.

[http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/arosenberger14/media/Miscallaneous/Anime9.jpg.html]

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Hellsing
Code Geass
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Mobile Suit Gundam
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mirai Nikki
Naruto (without filler)

All sci-fi or fantasy now that I think of it. I do enjoy some moe, romance, harem, and slice of life shows, but my hear will forever rest with more action oriented titles.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
So compared to some of the others in this list, mine's pretty basic

But like I give a shit, I love these shows!

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Kitsune Hunter said:
6/9, I've still yet to watch Eva and Anohana, is Anohana any good?
I enjoyed it a lot. It's a nice cute little series that can also punch you in the feels hard.

Unfortunately I've only seen FMA from yours... but I've got the Steins;Gate Visual Novel sitting on my desktop waiting to be played, I'm pretty excited for that.

RipVanTinkle said:
I've never seen Durarara!, what is it about?

And, I'm going to get crucified for this, I really didn't like the second season of Sword Art Online. Kinda soured the whole experience for me. /:
I've only seen two of yours ;_;. Obviously I love them both though... and I'll be getting into Gurren Lagann soon hopefully, my roommate wants to watch it with me.

Durarara!! is made by the people who made Baccano! and it follows a bunch of different characters as they live there separate lives in a city. As the series progresses the paths they take cause them to interact with each other and you see how the big events play out from all their perspectives... it's kinda hard to explain. There's some supernatural elements and gang violence but it's mostly a character drama. It's really very good though and it's getting a second season soon!

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Darn it! I was hoping to be the first who posted Nichijou. Such an underrated masterpiece.

Top: School Rumble, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Cuticle Detective Inaba
Middle: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, Gatchaman Crowds, Henneko: The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat
Bottom: Soul Eater, Nichijou, World Conquest Zvezda Plot

Honorable Mentions: Kill Me Baby, Tonari no Seki-kun, Yuruyuri, and Azumanga Daioh

So, yeah. I obviously mostly go for comedic titles. The grim, dark, serious type anime just kinda bores me. Probably why I seem to be the only person alive to dislike Attack on Titan

Captcha: Gold Medal. Obviously someone at captcha Headquarters has good taste

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
[http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/ushio5/media/5761f4c2-04b4-479d-811e-2bf709559acd_zps40c370cb.jpg.html]

Okay here's my 3x3 lets hope this works, clockwise from left.

Urusei Yatsura, Royal Space Force, Bubblegum Crisis, El Hazard, Gunbuster, Lupin 3rd castle of Cagliostro, Patlabor, Dominion Tank Police and Maison Ikkoku.

Okay so you don't need image tags yay I learned something!

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
youji itami said:
[http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/ushio5/media/5761f4c2-04b4-479d-811e-2bf709559acd_zps40c370cb.jpg.html]

Okay here's my 3x3 lets hope this works, clockwise from left.

Urusei Yatsura, Royal Space Force, Bubblegum Crisis, El Hazard, Gunbuster, Lupin 3rd castle of Cagliostro, Patlabor, Dominion Tank Police and Maison Ikkoku.
Christ man I haven't heard of any of those except for Lupin the 3rd. This like a completely different level.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009

Going left to right, top to bottom, that's:

Steins;Gate, Knights of Sidonia, Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Serial Experiments Lain, Azumanga Daioh

Rurouni Kenshin, Bakemonogatari, Cowboy Bebop

I'll rate some others once I go stir the stew I'm cooking...

I really wanted to post this image for Madoka Magica, but... well...

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Hochmeister said:
Suppose it's about time I made one of these.

[http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/arosenberger14/media/Miscallaneous/Anime9.jpg.html]

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Hellsing
Code Geass
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Mobile Suit Gundam
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mirai Nikki
Naruto (without filler)

All sci-fi or fantasy now that I think of it. I do enjoy some moe, romance, harem, and slice of life shows, but my hear will forever rest with more action oriented titles.
4/9 Haven't watched a few of those, and I never was a fan of Naruto. Mirai Nikki almost made my list, but it just barely got bumped off by Azumanga Daioh.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
deserteagleeye said:
SuperSuperSuperGuy said:
I FORGOT ABOUT NICHIJOU! Definite top ten material.
3/9. Again, some I don't recognize there. Angel Beats! didn't really click with me at all(though I still plan on playing the VN). Haven't watched Kill la Kill yet(I think that's what that one is?).

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Photo shop's on my other computer, Which reminds me I should get back to work...

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, K-On!, Code Geass
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, Gurren Lagann, Baccano!
Mai Hime, Death Note, Princess Mononoke

Cowboy Bebop and Ergo Proxy are close runners up

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
SuperSuperSuperGuy said:
Highschool DxD seems kinda up your alley when it comes to themes. If you can get past the massive amount of fan-service, they're some good jokes and a good romance. You just have to get past the insane fan-service. Almost to hentai levels of fan-service. Only Yosunga no Sora beats it.

EyeReaper said:
My Teen Romantic Comedy, one of the hidden gems. The title is perfect watch-bait in Japan, but here in the west it just drives people away. One of my favorites from 2013. That's a 4/9 for you, sir.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Just looking at all of these, I glad that there's a giant amount of Madoka love going around. Not that it's surprising, given the sheer amount of shit that's been affiliated with the series in only 3 years. Not even Eva got this whored out in that amount of time.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
seaweed said:

Mawaru Penguindrum, Tatami Galaxy, Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Haibane Renmei, Princess Tutu, Mushishi
FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Lucky Star
I have only one I've watched recently (Attack on Titan) but I recognize the Ultraman pose when I see it.

So happy.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
AdrianCeltigar said:
Holy shit, Usagi Drop! Sooooo good! ;_;

Though let's pretend it all ended with the anime, and what happened after the timeskip in the manga never occured, okay?

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
sextus the crazy said:
Just looking at all of these, I glad that there's a giant amount of Madoka love going around. Not that it's surprising, given the sheer amount of shit that's been affiliated with the series in only 3 years. Not even Eva got this whored out in that amount of time.
I like to think of Madoka as more of a high class oiran. It sounds a lot more respectable and classy than saying it's "whored out." : )