Your Berserk Button

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Anyone who upsets my wife and kids.

I don't get angry at much. Even in my more "aggressive" younger years I very rarely got angry.

Sure fire way to piss me off though, upset my wife or my kids.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
People who break their deals with me, specifically after I have held up my end of the bargain.

I don't know why, but I just flip out after this happens and will take myself off to a place to calm down. I usually try to avoid making deals with someone unless they have to hold up their end first to stop me from raging.

EDIT: Also, I found out yesterday, I don't like people who don't check their wing mirrors before crossing lanes. I nearly got ran off the road by a camper van driver who decided that, although the front of my car was level with his, he should pull into my lane.

Captcha: Battle royale

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I don't think there's a single thing that would make me flip shit in an instant, but a few come close.
- Atheists thinking of themselves as some sort of all-knowing gurus who have seen the one and only truth and see it as their responsibility to convert others, because they're SLAVES OF EVIL RELIGION OMG!!!!1
- People speaking of Quentin Tarantino as some sort of Second coming for cinema. I couldn't disagree with that more.

Can't think of any more right now. And likely won't bother to.

dtgenshiken7

Aug 4, 2011
there are a few things that get me going, regardless of how much I attempt to come of as Zen to my friends.

Top of the list is politics. In general. I donkey vote, because all I can see is a bunch of power-hungry idiots pretending they are important, pretending they want to help when all they want is to reach the highest point they can go before their pathetic lives are snuffed out and they leave the earth. God, power and the people who lust for it in general piss me off.

People telling me to try harder. Yeah, I might have a three-digit IQ, but who the BUCK do you think you are, telling me what to do with it? Should I have to care about what I achieve? one menial job is no different from another, one wage is only a few thousand off another, and one material good is as useful as another, when in a hundred years I'll be dead & gone, and no one is going to remember little old me, except for my excessive sarcasm, and it really isn't anyone elses place to tell me what to do with my life.

Sympathy. God, this usually gets my goat. If something bad happens on the internet, flocks of people will write out essays explaining their terrible sorrow and grief, before forgetting all about it after a week. Also, if you're going to feel aggrieved because some people dies, then you must in turn feel the same amount of sorrow for each and every person who fell to that same sort of tragedy. If one girl gets media attention due to suicide, then there must be in turn coverage of EVERY person who commits suicide, or you desensitize people to the act.

The Media. GOD is this a big one. ALL it is is a giant spitball of biased views and money making. Rupert Murdoch and all the big media names should quit in shame of what they have done. We never hear the truth any more, unless we look for it ourselves. It is quite frankly, fucking stupid. If you will excuse my language.

I think I got most of them. Maybe there is more, I dunno.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
BurnedOutMyEyes said:
Racism.
It makes me extra angry extra fast.
Because it is EXTRA HERETICAL
This image makes me happy.
I don't know why.
But bless you for sharing.
'scuse me while I laugh my ass off.

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
oh and these Indonesian Muslims who hunted down two sixteen year old girls and beheaded them because they were Christians...the bastards should be lined up and shot.
(i know this kind of messed up stuff happens alot, but this story in particular got to me)

IntangibleMango

Jul 5, 2009
bartholen said:
- Atheists thinking of themselves as some sort of all-knowing gurus who have seen the one and only truth and see it as their responsibility to convert others, because they're SLAVES OF EVIL RELIGION OMG!!!!1
- Theists thinking of themselves as some sort of all-knowing gurus who have seen the one and only truth and see it as their responsibility to convert others, because they're SLAVES OF EVIL DEVIL OMG!!!!1

lol, just kidding, I know what you mean, it was just funny the way you put it.

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
when someone takes the time to tell me something or tell me how to do something, or what to do and yet refuses to even acknowledge why I am disagreeing, questioning or trying to convince of another option. This can relate to religion, science, philosophy, taste in music or even employee/employer relations. Especially bad when it is someone I have to interact during daily life with or has authority over me. I don't mind following directions or doing what is told, but if you can't explain why I am wrong in how I want to do it, you are not fit to be telling me what to do in the first place I am afraid. I am not stupid, I'm not being stubborn, but if I think there is a better way, I will ask and mention it. And if all I get back is a "just do it my way" I can see that as nothing but an appeal to tradition and THEN I get real stubborn. The ever common "just do what I say" or "I am going to do it my way regardless" makes my blood boil and makes me hope the absolutely worst possible outcome happens as a result. With a zombie apocalypse also caused by chain reaction.

Kilroy17

Jul 18, 2011
Adulterers.
Pedophiles.
Being stared at.
Bullies (both towards people and animals).
Being interrupted.
Being touched (especially on the head).

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Smolderin said:
Just makes me wish that the old coots would drop dead and let someone younger who actually grew up in this generation have a hand at running things.
Okay, while I am not American, or ever lived in America I think your idea on the young running the country is a very bad idea. While their age may stop them from understanding new advances in some areas, they have more life experience than the young. Because of this, their decisions are more likely going to work because they have background knowledge that most of us youngsters just do not have. While it can be annoying at times having a government be out of touch with a large portion of the populace (Being an Aussie, I am still waiting for an R18+ games rating, though I hear it is coming in next year, still took some time), we have to remember that the decisions they're making effects more than the young. Yes it's frustrating, but I would rather have a reserved elder making decisions than a brash 20/30 year old making decisions.

Again, I have no REAL knowledge on what it's like over in the U.S. but I just feel it's better having someone with a good deal of life experience in charge of moderating decisions as opposed to us youthful fools. Besides, why would any young person wanna waste all that time being a leader when you can live a little and explore the world, party and gain some life experience.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
bug_of_war said:
Smolderin said:
Just makes me wish that the old coots would drop dead and let someone younger who actually grew up in this generation have a hand at running things.
Okay, while I am not American, or ever lived in America I think your idea on the young running the country is a very bad idea. While their age may stop them from understanding new advances in some areas, they have more life experience than the young. Because of this, their decisions are more likely going to work because they have background knowledge that most of us youngsters just do not have. While it can be annoying at times having a government be out of touch with a large portion of the populace (Being an Aussie, I am still waiting for an R18+ games rating, though I hear it is coming in next year, still took some time), we have to remember that the decisions they're making effects more than the young. Yes it's frustrating, but I would rather have a reserved elder making decisions than a brash 20/30 year old making decisions.

Again, I have no REAL knowledge on what it's like over in the U.S. but I just feel it's better having someone with a good deal of life experience in charge of moderating decisions as opposed to us youthful fools. Besides, why would any young person wanna waste all that time being a leader when you can live a little and explore the world, party and gain some life experience.
And yet all that reasoning flies out the window when U.S Senators start serving their own agendas. Truth be told most of the old bastards don't even care about bettering are country, they only care about greed and catering to certain industries because they line their pockets. This entire thing with the NRA and just recently with SOPA/PIPA are examples of Senators attempting to pass bills to serve their self interests. America does not need that, they need competent leaders who have a good understanding of technology and today's society. The proof is in the pudding. A change of leadership is desperately needed right now (as far as Congress is concerned) and getting more young blood into government ranks would be preferable than having these dinosaurs with their harmful, outdated views running things.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Arrogance, and by extension talking down to me, I don't get violent but I will lose all respect for you.

Friends who let their pride nearly ruin their lives.It makes me angry to see them doing it,knowing that if they stop being so pig headed they might be ok.

Fuuka Yamagishi,To paraphrase Guts: Do not fuck with this girl!

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
The only thing that makes me go mad with rage is if someone uses physical violence against someone close to me.
If someone punches me, I know I can take it and its more of a controlled anger.
But if someone hits my friend, I go nuts. No body hits my friends and gets away with it.

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:
I-Protest-I said:
Telling me to calm down, I've actually fought over it.
I gotta agree here, and whats worse is in most cases, when people tell you to calm down (say if its during an argument) is simply because they're losing, and they want to get out of it, rather than admit they might be wrong. It drives me nuts.
Glad someone is with me on this, this short video sums it up nicely for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAGc5aWdE5A

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Deliberate ignorance. Its on thing to simply not know something, which is fine, everyone is ignorant about something, but to purposely ignore fact ts to suit your own agenda, that's just unforgivable.

Also, when someone tells me to smile more. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were my lord and master. I'll be more cheerful simply because you want me to be.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Simple really, if someone digging to my personal staffs trying to learn a secret of mine that I don't want to show to him or some others.
Life is not easy trying to get rid of these specific type of people....the curious peoples.
[btw, I have many "dark" secret, so, yeah, life is difficult sometimes....]

Mullac

Oct 6, 2012
I hate it when people have opinions that they can't back up.

Just makes me so mad!