Your best Skyrim moment

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Finding the Bard's summit completely by accident and thinking, "fuck it I'll take the plunge," surviving, and meeting the ghost of a bard who failed the jump and upped my speechcraft for my troubles.

probably not my all time favourite moment but it's the last thing to happen to me playing the game. I like the random encounters of the game.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Beating two dragons, a group of thalmor, and a bear all at once by myself. Full enchanted dragonbone armor with full heavy armor perks is stupidly OPed...I don't think I've used a potion in 6 hours of game play...

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
One of my best moments in Skyrim was sneaking up to the word-wall at Shearpoint and killing Krosis with a single sneak attack while right under the nose of a Blood Dragon that was perched on the wall. Felt like such a badass.

I wish I'd gotten the throat-slit scene, though. That would have made it so sweet.

Huddo

May 29, 2010
Oh; another two! Though they're not my best ones by far.

Picking an expert lock on my first try at Riften as I entered

Mercer Frey's house

That lock-picking also led onto my hilariously short conflict with a 'watchdog' as I described in the OP.

The other one was successfully sneaking past all the guards in the Dwemer Museum in Markarth*. It was a shame I lost my little pet spider though =(

*Well, except for one at the beginning, who I lured into entering the room before lighting the ground beneath him aflame with that pink gooey liquid, before finally turning a wheel that shot him with paralysis darts, making it a simple slash from my sword before he was dead. That was pretty satisfying, too.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I had just been through the Dwarven mine (where the Afflicted are camped out), and at the end I had about 800 weight units of stuff. I could only carry 250, so when I got outside, I dumped it all on the ground and quicktravelled to get my horse, then quick travelled back, picked up all the stuff, and quick travelled on the horse to my house, where I spent 30 minutes depositing it into my storage chest. It was only then I found out that my Elven Warhammer had disappeared.

magma

Jul 21, 2010
My favourite moment has to be in one of the quests which you slaughter a bunch of Silver Hand with Aela the Huntress.

I had just finished stripping everyone of everything in the final room when Aela starts talking all proud of our work and how she will stay back to kill any stragglers. Yes, in all proud pose mode with her hips thrust out... against a man in his underwear with his butt sticking up in just the right place and his face in the ground.

Sure Aela it's the living you are interested in SUUUUUUURRRRREEE.

I slowly walked out the room feeling slightly disturbed while giggling to myself and in the game.

sonic6241

Dec 28, 2010
Walking up a mountain to go see the Grey Beards, and a giant bear attacks me. He's running toward me, I use my Ice Form shout.....he freezes into ice, flies 50ft up into the sky and flies off the mountain into a valley half a mile down. GG.

Thats happened 3 times.....Ice Form OP!

DSK-

May 13, 2010
overpuce said:
I remember another one from earlier today while earning my Thanedom in Falkreath by helping 3 people.

I was in Dead Man's Drink and checking for quests and a guy asks me to bring his friend's ashes to a Priest of Arkey to have them blessed. I guess I'll do it... anything to become a Thane in all corners of Skyrim.

Here are my thoughts:

"Okay quest accepted. I hope that this guy isn't too far from here."
"Let's see. Check quest marker... he's in the room?"
"WTF? He's in the chair right next to the questgiver!"
"Nords are so lazy."
Haha! that happened to me too! I thought I was so lucky with that.

OT:

I would have to say the first major best moment was installing two mods (in addition to the others I had), one an FXAA improved textures mod and another an ENB mod. I installed them and after a bit of trouble shooting got them both working properly. Oh My God. The game just came to life with that. I often find myself looking at the environment now, when I didn't bother to do so before.

The secon I would have to say was when I was exploring around Ysgramor's tomb, at a place I would later discover to be a burial place of a Draugr Deathlord. As I was making my way up, I saw some Skeletons and proceeded to smash them to smithereens. Then I noticed I was being attacked by arrows, and as I turned around I saw a Skeleton archer on top of a fairly low lying cliff, firing and walking towards me. I was about to pull out my bow when I saw that it didn't stop at the cliff edge and proceeded to fall down to it's splintering death. I had a good chuckle, after which I looted it's corpse and carried on. Good times.

Master_Beta

Mar 20, 2013
Well, there was this one time...
I saw this dragon flying around off in the distance(i would assume it was alduin) chanting god knows what in dragon tongue.
I generally dislike dragons doing what 'they' want so i disrupted hom wih a simple FUS-RO-DAH! Of which caused him to leave. Curious, i approached the site at which what looked to be alduin was previosuly chanting to find the tail of a dragon petruding from the ground, along with a foot.
I then proceeded to use the foot to my advantage to level related skills.
Suddenly, the dragon's head flung out of the ground and the entire thing began to raise, with ME on top of it!
It eventually got to the point where all of skyrim was visable below me.
After a while i got bored, used the Become ethereal shout and leaped from the sky, to survive.

Epic riding dragon time is my most memorable moment, EVA!

Master_Beta

Mar 20, 2013
Well, there was this one time...
I saw this dragon flying around off in the distance(i would assume it was alduin) chanting god knows what in dragon tongue.
I generally dislike dragons doing what 'they' want so i disrupted hom wih a simple FUS-RO-DAH! Of which caused him to leave. Curious, i approached the site at which what looked to be alduin was previosuly chanting to find the tail of a dragon petruding from the ground, along with a foot.
I then proceeded to use the foot to my advantage to level related skills.
Suddenly, the dragon's head flung out of the ground and the entire thing began to raise, with ME on top of it!
It eventually got to the point where all of skyrim was visable below me.
After a while i got bored, used the Become ethereal shout and leaped from the sky, to survive.

Epic riding dragon time is my most memorable moment, EVA!

Master_Beta

Mar 20, 2013
Also, being attacked and damaged (ever so slightly) by innert skeletons on the floor and sent flying across the room.

Master_Beta

Mar 20, 2013
Also, being attacked and damaged (ever so slightly) by innert skeletons on the floor and sent flying across the room.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
Nehehe. One moment springs to mind.

Y'know Lydia? Your damn housecarl in Whiterun? Yep, the one that sits around eating your sweetrolls all day and never leaves your room. I'm a lone traveller, I don't like having a companion (Serana in Dawnguard...I don't even want to talk about her.) so I just left Lydia in the house.

But one day, I got sick of her. I decided to take her casually up to High Hrothgar and fus-roh-dah her off the top. She survived. Did it again. She survived. Then I just pulled my fucking sword out and hacked her down, and when she eventually started to resist it was too late; my level 100 one-handed skill saw her decapitated. I was lolling almost sadistically, but it got better...

On the way back to Whiterun, I got a message from a courier:

"Sorry to hear of your loss. Your housecarl, Lydia, left you 300 gold in her will" or something like that.

300 gold from my murder victim? Found that pretty hilarious :p.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
The whole begining.

From start until the first few battles (first 1-3) with Dragons happen. The whole thing was pretty epic...

Unafortunally the Dragons suffer from QUITE a case of Villian Decay. Like, one of the most massive cases I have seen so far. You can kill them in one hit later. LOL. And they are suppused to be BOSSES.

FAIL. What self respecting game has you killing bosses in 1 hit anyways? (That are NOT suppused to be weak by plot crap or something. Or if you are massively overleveled in a RPG).