Your better half...

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
Suiseiseki IRL said:
zoozilla said:
I particularly like my right side, although I wouldn't necessarily call it "better"; my left side doesn't lag too far behind.

Oh, wait a minute. You're talking about....oh.

Dang.
try this facepalm on for size http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3131/2313356652_f2b27826c4.jpg

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Better half? Why would I want a half that was better than my other half? It'd only make my other half look even worse than it already is! No better half for me thank you very much.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I like my better half because without it I couldn't write legibly or pick a guitar. Also, It's good for when I need to kick a ball, and it helps with depth perception.
EDIT: damn someone beat me to it

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Suiseiseki IRL said:
What is it you love/hate most about your better half? What characteristics do you or do you not want them to change? If you haven't already done so already, could you imagine spenting the rest of your life with them?
I love that I can be as honest as I am with her and she always understands me. She understands my feelings usually better than I do and always reacts accordingly to them. I have issues, yet she understands and loves me just as I am. I also love how incredibly smart she is. She's always thinking. And I love that she loves the same things as I do. Makes talking with her so easy since we can discuss most anything from books to movies to music to, well, anything. Anything at all. Oh, and she is also incredibly beautiful which doesn't hurt either. It always makes her blush when I talk about how much she reminds me of the goddesses and princesses I use to dream about in my younger days. I feel like I've been worshiping her for decades.

The only thing I would change about her is where she lives. If I had my way, she would be living with me. The distance between us really sucks since we both work so much and don't have as much free time for each other as we'd like.

She knows I plan on spending the rest of my life with her. I try to slip in a proposal every time we speak at length. Sometimes she says 'yes' and sometimes she says 'no' but then she'll ask me to marry her with her next words. I've never said 'no'.

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
My Fiancee is absolutely gorgeous,smart, fun and creative.(visual artist) takes really good care of herself (hair, make-up, body,) . amazing fashion sense, and the best sense of humour I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. she is my girlfriend and my bestfriend.

I love her.

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
Well my right half has more battle wounds from having a door slammed on one of its fingers and catching some glass in its knee, but...but...but I've been ninja'd. Twice...great.

Okay, no other half, but I've got two options. The more attractive of the two will likely get on my nerves because she's a bit intense. Fun, funny, cute, but too damn talkative. I start to wonder if she can appreciate a moment of silence. She's like a Chatty Cathy doll that keeps pulling its own string.

Snugglebunny

Mar 25, 2009
The boy I (think) I'm going out with is great. He's smart, (very smart), funny, (great sense of humor), we share many same interests, he's easy to talk to, and never makes me feel pressured or unpretty even when I know I am. But probably the greatest thing of all, he respects my neurotic little quirks and my space.

I have some personal space issues. Its hard for me to really want to get close or to trust to someone, especially boys (I do better with other girls, boy just freak me out a bit), and I really have to know and trust them before something like kissing or the like could happen. But we still go out and the like, he's never tried to make me do anythign I don't want to, and gives me space. But this is also the biggest problem, I mean, can we still be boyfreind/girlfriend with no real outwards signs of physcial affection? It worries me, and I worry he's angry or upset with this...so maybe this is more my flaw.....eh.

Bluebacon

May 13, 2009
My fiance has a slight tendancy to be over zealous with her views, but she doesnt really have a tendancy to push them on other people, she just likes arguing. It's just as well she's doing politics and history. However, being pretty, intelligent, funny, an incredably unique person, always there for me and being both cute and quite kinky, I very easily tolerate her joy for arguing with people. I love her with everything I have.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
My girlfriend's greatest strength is her unwavering support of me and just about everything I do.

However, her greatest weakness is she finds herself unsure a lot of the time. She feels that her opinions need my approval to be valid.

But, what can she do...I guess I'm a little too intellectual for my own good XD

AsbestosKidney

Dec 5, 2007
Her sense of humour without a doubt. As silly and pitch black as mine :p Her obsession with movies, meaning she has a frighteningly large collection that I can benefit from :-D

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
The thing I love about my better half is that he's always with me.
I'm tellin' ya, Righty is the best partner a guy could ha--
*smacks self*
NO, BAD MONKFISH
Sorry.

Monkfish is painfully alone, please somebody love him

Lolcano

Apr 7, 2009
My other half is awesome, always cuddly and stuff so. Speaking of which I should call her. Also she uses the term facepalm which is pretty cool too.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
Suiseiseki IRL said:
(unlike Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May).
Whoah, another female fan of Top Gear. Awesome. (Unless you're just a Richard Hammond fangirl ¬_¬)

But back on topic. I am now about to make a total idiot of myself, because I don't have a better half right now, but there's a guy on here that I really like, he knows who he is....

So what I think is awesome about *ahem*. He's good looking, he listens to me even when I'm spouting rubbish, he's introduced me to some awesome new music, and if I continue this fan-girl style rant any longer he's gonna get scared off. Oh, one last thing, he is the only person ever in the world to stop me from getting suicidal when I'm depressed. Seriously, everytime I get depressed (and this is fairly regularly), I always end up suicidal, no one's ever stopped it before, but just once he managed to distract me and calm me down. Hence minor fan-girlism now.

One minor downside though. This could just be me, not being able to read emotion from instant messaging, but he doesn't seem all that emotional. Sure, he says "lol" and that, but it seems more like an automatic reaction, rather than he actually thinks something's funny. And my family is really emotional, not just depressed and stressy but we also get pretty happy and that at times too. So hopefully it's just me getting it wrong, it's just his calm exterior that means I can't tell how he's feeling, because otherwise I don't think it'd work long term.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
unabomberman said:
SimuLord said:
I love my wife's cooking, her Alice Kramden/Wilma Flintstone-like tolerance of my grumpy caveman nature, and her complete devotion to me and willingness to show it. Also, she's got all-natural 34G boobs. I love big boobs.

That said, she is completely and utterly helpless without me---if I got hit by a bus she'd get herself ruined financially inside of two months. She doesn't even know how to make out a check, much less pay bills, do basic maintenance, or otherwise live independently. She went directly from mommy's house to moving in with me (I married her when she was 18) and she's always had someone else taking care of her. Mind you, I don't complain too much---I'm a gender-role troglodyte (by modern standards) and I like being the alpha, but it is scary just how dependent she can be sometimes.

Earlier today she called me from a place we've both been a couple hundred times and said "how do I get to the bus stop from here?" I told her "Walk east one block, the bus stop's right there". Y'know what she said? "How do I know which way is east?" The sun sets over the mountains every night in this city. It doesn't take a genius to extrapolate "east" from that fact, especially at two in the afternoon.
Daaamn...that's scary. Dude, a conversation may be in order. Just think about it: What if something does happen to you? What if you have kids and then something happens to you? Make no mistake, people find their way around ugly shit when their backs are against the wall, but still, a little nudging can't hurt anyone. I'm just saying.

If you think I'm prying I'm sorry, I'll back off.
I meant to hit this yesterday but my wife was in the room and she doesn't handle unpleasant truths well...so you get it this morning.

If something were to happen to me I think she'd turn out like my mom did when my father got cancer, had a long battle, and ultimately died from it. My mom had to learn basic life skills on the fly while trying to raise two kids (me and my brother, age 9 and 7 respectively when dad passed away). She got in a really destructive relationship with a guy older than her mother, a guy whose idea of a day out with the kids was taking us to the track because he was a compulsive gambler (I ended up working as a professional gambler as an adult due in large part to the guy's bad moral influence). Finally just before my 13th birthday my mom met a great guy, my stepfather, whom she's been with for 19 years now and will probably grow old and die with. There's something Freudian in my current marriage, methinks.

I've tried to teach my wife some basic life skills (I lived on my own for nine years before I got married and I'm quite resourceful), but she's either unable or unwilling to learn and do it herself. When she asks me to do basic tasks for her (set up her work 401K, pick the health insurance coverage, pay the bills, take out the trash), she always prefaces it with "Hey big strong manly man, can you do...?"

Not that I'm complaining. One luxury this gender-role primitivism allows me is the luxury of knowing my wife will never decide she can live just fine without me. She can't and she knows it, which in times like these (when I'm going back to college full-time) means I can focus on my studies without worrying that she'll pull the rug out from under me. Old-fashioned male dominance has major psychological advantages and a lot to recommend it.