Your Cat Really Is Manipulating You, Study Shows

Gunner_Guardian

Jul 15, 2009
Well cats needed something or else we would never pay attention to them.

Dog are loyal and do all kinds of work for us. Cats..... catch... mice.... and that's about it. So it's no surprise that they have something like this to manipulate us.

I had a cat once (it ran away :( ) and we love her but we knew she was evil. She would cuddle up to us one minute and bite us the next.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Thankfully they're not smart enough to really manipulate us to further their goal of world domination.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Let's take a step back here and take a look at cat's. Let's face it. They are one of the luckiest animals in the world.

Dogs are pretty lucky. Dogs just sit around, wag there tail, take walks and sleep. But cat's, cat's fucking own us. Not only do they live off us, they fucking control us!
Heck, dogs can often do work for us - Guard dogs, alarm dogs, guide dogs, sheep dogs... the list goes on! What work do cats do for humans....? Well, some places use them as rat/mice catchers, thats about it.

Dogs love us. Cats love us....for the things we can provide them with.

In summary: Dogs lovable and loving us. Cats, evil and controlling!

*gets tackled by the secret kitten police*

Er, I tract my previous statements. Cats are nice. Cats are kind overlords. All hail the kitten!

JenXXXJen

Mar 11, 2009
I still love them OMG KAWAII DESUUUUU ^_________________________________^ You're not doing anything, are you my lovely little fluff bum, now you stay right there in my bed and I'll sleep on the floor again, mmm'K?

True story, though I wasn't in the best state of mind.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Makes sense. I came to that conclusion years ago (though without rigorous scientific backing), and I don't mind at all.

My cats have a mixed success rate with their insistent meowing, but I can't remember them trying to convince me with purrs. Especially not my current cat, you have to put your head right next to her to hear her purr at all.

reaper660

May 8, 2009
Mah Kitteh would NEVAR do anything bad

He's too awesome

*continues to live in ignorance about cat's true powers*

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Heavy_Moses said:
If a dog jumps in your lap its because it loves you.
If a cat jumps in your lap its because your lap is warm.
Precisely. A dog thinks "This human feeds me, plays with mem shelters me, and gives me love. He must be God!"
A cat thinks "This human feeds me, plays with me, shelters me and gives me love. I MUST BE GOD!"

Also, OP: SNEAKY BASTARDS! I knew it, I knew it all along. Manipulative cats. Next they'll learn how to read minds.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
I'm more of a dog person mostly since my grandmother, mother, and I think my little brother are all alergic to cats but this is a huge finding.

LET US FIGHT FOR HUMANITY'S FREEDOM!!!

Also, were do they get the funding for this research?

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
It was hard to tell? My cat is an attention whore, I know, my family knows it, he knows it. Ofcourse the second you stop petting him, he starts meowing. Maybe he is just not good at hiding it. (Not that it has prevented us from submitting)

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
Incidentally you can do the same thing against female cats as well. There's a high pitched tone that will send them running to you because it sounds like a kitten.

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
This would seem to explain why that people who own cats are really friggen' crazy, and take every meow as a cry for need that requires food or excessive cuddling... actually, if it's like a baby, that would explain it entirely =O

Cats. Just one step away from ruling the world...

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Simple manipulation? Ha! Child's play, what cat's really want is the vote [http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060206/jackson]. Then we'll be completely boned.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
My cat is not manipulating me. I willingly submit to her will and follow her decree, trying to serve her as best as I can.