Your closet to come out of

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
Queen Michael said:
BoredDragon said:
My philosophy is what the bible essentially teaches you is "don't be an asshole" (paraphrased to a very rudimentary degree).
Or as Fred Clarke puts it, "That Guy."
You know That Guy. He takes two parking spaces to protect his paint job. He races past the pregnant lady to grab the last seat on the train. He sends back his steak and undertips. He drives on the shoulder all the way to the front of the traffic jam, then bullies his way back into line. He sees all of this as evidence that he's cleverer than the rest of us suckers. That That Guy.
My first boss in my first job after college was That Guy. This made our business trips a nightmare. He didn't believe in checking bags ? that just slows you down. So instead he packed everything for a weeklong trip into a gargantuan bag three times larger than the size limit for carry-on luggage. (This was before 9/11 ? back when you could still bully airline personnel into letting you break the rules.)

My boss's giant "carry-on" bag was so large that he had to wheel it around on this folding metal contraption. Getting both his massive bag and the not-small folding metal thing into the overhead bin on the plane took a bit more bullying. He'd board early. When some ticket checker had the temerity to point out that his row hadn't yet been called, he'd just act entitled and put-upon, sighing acidly, rolling his eyes and calling them by the name on their name tag in a condescending tone until they'd surrender and let him by.

The other passengers were never happy to arrive at their seats only to find that one of the overhead bins in their section was already full and that half of the other one was taken up with some weird folding metal thing. They were even less happy after the plane landed and, while it was still taxiing to the gate and the seat-belt sign was still lit, my boss would jump up out of his seat and lay claim to the aisle for the reassembly of the wheeled metal thing. This reassembly, getting the giant bag down from the overhead bin and strapping it back onto the metal thing took 10 to 15 minutes, during which everyone who'd been seated behind my boss on the plane had to wait, standing in the aisle, unable to exit the plane.

That Guy.
"And what does the Lord require of you?" the prophet Micah asks. "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Shorter Micah: Don't be That Guy.

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment," Jesus said. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Shorter Jesus: Don't be That Guy.
why would not loving a particular god being "that guy"??

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I like MLP is alright but nothing special, I have confidence issues with people my own age but have no such issues with people a year older or younger. I also think Jazz, Funk, New-wave and blues are awesome which is a big no-no with alot of metalheads. I dislike alot of people who I hang around but I stilll hang around with them keeing my oppinion of them to myself.

Nothing else really, nothing drastic.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
launchpadmcqwak said:
Queen Michael said:
BoredDragon said:
My philosophy is what the bible essentially teaches you is "don't be an asshole" (paraphrased to a very rudimentary degree).
Or as Fred Clarke puts it, "That Guy."
You know That Guy. He takes two parking spaces to protect his paint job. He races past the pregnant lady to grab the last seat on the train. He sends back his steak and undertips. He drives on the shoulder all the way to the front of the traffic jam, then bullies his way back into line. He sees all of this as evidence that he's cleverer than the rest of us suckers. That That Guy.
My first boss in my first job after college was That Guy. This made our business trips a nightmare. He didn't believe in checking bags ? that just slows you down. So instead he packed everything for a weeklong trip into a gargantuan bag three times larger than the size limit for carry-on luggage. (This was before 9/11 ? back when you could still bully airline personnel into letting you break the rules.)

My boss's giant "carry-on" bag was so large that he had to wheel it around on this folding metal contraption. Getting both his massive bag and the not-small folding metal thing into the overhead bin on the plane took a bit more bullying. He'd board early. When some ticket checker had the temerity to point out that his row hadn't yet been called, he'd just act entitled and put-upon, sighing acidly, rolling his eyes and calling them by the name on their name tag in a condescending tone until they'd surrender and let him by.

The other passengers were never happy to arrive at their seats only to find that one of the overhead bins in their section was already full and that half of the other one was taken up with some weird folding metal thing. They were even less happy after the plane landed and, while it was still taxiing to the gate and the seat-belt sign was still lit, my boss would jump up out of his seat and lay claim to the aisle for the reassembly of the wheeled metal thing. This reassembly, getting the giant bag down from the overhead bin and strapping it back onto the metal thing took 10 to 15 minutes, during which everyone who'd been seated behind my boss on the plane had to wait, standing in the aisle, unable to exit the plane.

That Guy.
"And what does the Lord require of you?" the prophet Micah asks. "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Shorter Micah: Don't be That Guy.

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment," Jesus said. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Shorter Jesus: Don't be That Guy.
why would not loving a particular god being "that guy"??
I think he's referring to that second part about loving your neighbour as yourself.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
The biggest one is my bicuriosity.

My family knows that I support gay marriage and stuff and they don't so that's iffy but we don't talk about it anymore. My brother likes to put religion into it which annoys me. My mother is more old fashioned, I think. She can't see how people of the same sex have intercourse. Says it's not natural.

Anyway, with all that stuff in there, no way will I tell them that I wanna experiment with girls one day. Provided I'm brave enough, of course.

Oh there's also religion. If I'm to be honest, it's more like I don't just believe in one God. I only worship one God, the Christian God but I believe the others exist. But basically, I like to believe in the idea that all faiths lead to salvation of some kind.

Yeah, they wouldn't like that one either...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Umm... nothing really. My parents known I smoked pot once (and didn't really care), they know I have had alcohol (actually, they'll buy it for me), and they know I'm atheist. There isn't really much that I hide...

Darh Abdomino

Sep 20, 2010
Jazoni89 said:
Is being a Atheist a bad thing? I heard all the time that most American's are very religious people, but here in the UK, you are pretty much deemed a social outcast for not being one. Which is quite strange considering how religious(ly) focused our country was in the past.
We religious people here in the U.S. do make up the majority, but you can find that atheists aren't really discriminated or targeted, simply because it depends on where you go. It all comes down to upbringing, and if the U.K. doesn't have one standard, uniform culture, how could the U.S. be expected to? And all in all, the Western world is more tolerant than it was even fifty years ago, so I don't understand the whole "I'm an atheist" is a "closet" unless her actual parents are the kind of Christian cavemen the rest of us facepalm at.

In any case, my "closet", so to speak is that I'm actually NOT a complete ass set on making everyone else's lives miserable. (no, really)

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
*sigh*

I watch ponies. I've started to watch ponies a lot actually. I still make it part of my routine to rigorously troll bronies out of the vague irrational hope that it'll keep me from being one.

Yup, huge Bronophobe.

BulletMagTrig

Nov 14, 2011
I'm straight, but love My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and have entire folders filled with music, pictures, and gifs. Can't stand it when people try to do rule 34 stuff with them so I know I'm not into furries or bestiality.

I though Brink was one of the best games of 2011 and preordered it.

I have walls filled with Gundam figures and probably have spent a nearly over a thousand dollars over the course of several years on Gundam.

I haven't touched my Wii in months.

I BS most of my tests in college and get away with it while getting passing grades.

I'm pretty sure that my siblings are jealous of me not sucking at life.

I hate checking emails and have an email address just for junk mail.

I've been pretty much every form of Christianity, but I don't press it down peoples throats or try to convert except under rare circumstances.

I find failing other people is harder than failing myself even if I often link the two.

I love mushrooms, olives (both kinds), pretty much every kind of meat, and most other foods that other people turn their noses at while considering them uncultured.

I'm from the Africa, but I'm totally white and a full fledged American from birth.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
That I'm not a cold, macho ************ who dislikes intimacy and the finer things in life (like knitting and cuddles).

Darh Abdomino

Sep 20, 2010
Queen Michael said:
Would it mean anything if, as a fundamentalist Lutheran, I apologize for their stupidity on their behalf?
Yes it does. Thank you, very much.
Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I hereby retract my closet thing. No me gusta cariñoso ni crespo interior.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
I may or may not have Borderline Personality Syndrome (while admittedly a self-diagnosis, I match enough of the key requirements). That's really it.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I'm in the closet to my family about my sex life, though I'm sure they've realized I wasn't exactly... conservative... with my last girlfriend.

Other than that, I've only told a couple select people that I'm falling way to hard for one of my best friends. She's just... amazing. I'd be content as friends with her, but I'd be happier with more.

Damn shame so much would get in the way, even if she shared the feelings :/

estoria-etnia

Aug 22, 2009
I'm asexual and several of my friends are aware of this. I tried to tell my mother but she was dismissive, saying things like "you're too young to figure this out" or "you just haven't met the right guy yet!" As of right now, I'm starting to question whether or not I'm only romantically interested in men or if I am to both sexes.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I'm a closet agnostic towards the family.
That's not something I can reveal ever unless I want a long drawn out conversation that won't do anything past get me really annoyed.

And that, as a black chick, I think white dudes are generally cuter.
Everyone in my family takes that as a joke for me. So should I ever actually come home with a Caucasian male on my arm, all hell just might break loose.

Not even gonna even touch on the stuff I read for fun. That stays in a select group.