Your closet to come out of

LastHour1

Oct 17, 2011
I suppose the only thing that I keep in the closet is that I'm a crossdresser.
Oh, and I think I may be transsexual. Sometimes, I feel like I should be a woman instead, and I'll think like that for months at a time. But then other times I feel just fine as a guy. I'm very on the fence about that, but the crossdressing thing is a big thing for me. My closest four friends know, and my parents (disapprovingly) know.

Other than that...nothing. I'm transparent to basically everyone I know.

Move127

Jul 29, 2011
Atheism, but my parents already know, and have decided to ignore religious topics with me altogether. Not entirely healthy, but as long as they aren't trying to get me to go to church with them, then I don't mind. With other family members I'm still in the closet, and see no reason to come out.
Outside of family, I'm really open about my atheism, so it isn't really a closet anywhere else.

Kanatatsu

Nov 26, 2010
I haven't "come out" as a gamer.

I know, it's not a big deal, but I am a professional with a very serious job (lawyer, big firm) and it would honestly be better if I told my colleagues I was gay than a gamer.

So I'll stay in the closet and play.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Dango said:
I'm demisexual, something high school kids would probably to make fun of.

Also, I listen to visual kei.
Typical high school students are assholes anyway...<.<

OT: I'm atheist, which most of you on the internet already know... but I can't tell my family because they're deeply religious and will probably stone me to death since they don't really like me anyway...

I've tried to kill myself a few times in high school...

Also I like to wear dresses... not in any kind of obscene sexual way... I just like the way the feel, very comfortable...

Oh yes and I may or may not have a bit of a crush on another Escapist member... though that's more of a fun fact...

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I watch My Little Pony. I can't even remember when it went from "What the hell is that? Guess I'll have a look, might get a cheap laugh out of how sappy & shit it probably is" to infecting my brain so that I genuinely enjoy watching it. I don't know why. I swear it's a conspiracy.

The community produces some great original music & remixes too.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Came out as an atheist a long time ago, Nor Cal is a (usually...still get shit for it, even here. /sigh) pretty accepting place.
Opening up the submissive thing to new girlfriends is a continuous closet. My current one only had one experience with the topic, that was her watching Desperate Housewives, in which a man cheats on his wife and leaves her because she couldn't fulfill his submissive desires. As someone who was not into it, she was a bit worried. Silly, I know :p

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I think I'm much more of a pervert than I think I am.

I think about sex a little too much, and I know a lot of other guys do too, because we've talked about subjects like this. Sometimes, though, I can think about sex in the worst possible situation for it. Example: high school trip to Washington DC for 5 days with my choir. I had no girlfriend at the time, had not masturbated or had sex in probably a month (hadn't been alone for a long time) My whole choir goes to visit the Holocaust Museum as part of our big tour of sites and museums around the capitol building.

Now, we're in the middle of the section talking about Mengele and scientists and whatnot (I honestly dont remember much of the museum, more on that later) doing experiments on Jews, Gypsies, etc along with the whole atmosphere of being in a museum in remembrance of the systematic murder of 6 million people. No matter what section of the museum we go through, ALL I can think of is this girl (that I had never formally met before) from the Alto II section that is wearing the PERFECT pair of jeans to compliment her sweet ass.

The whole museum is a blur while I'm spending all of my sick, sexually frustrated and pent up time staring at this girl's ass instead of learning or being somber and whatnot. It gets to the point where I even have a boner. Thinking about having sex with this girl. Thinking about finding a quiet, unassuming place in a museum dedicated to the horrible murders of 6 million people... to just sex the hell out of this girl with the sweetest ass I'd ever seen at that moment. Having a boner, with my friends or anyone else would probably think Im some sort of super Nazi serial killer waiting to happen if they ever noticed. So I spent my entire time in the holocaust museum staring at a girl's ass, dreaming about doing her on one of the exhibits.

This girl eventually became my girlfriend, and eventually my dream did come true (though the setting was different)

TL;DR - I fell in love with my second girlfriend at the holocaust museum.

Inzeost

Dec 22, 2009
I keep different things from different people. For instance, there are a few people I know that would think I was crazy if I told them I believe in God, although I don't really associate with any religion. I also fully support gay marriage, despite my parents being openly against it. I've also had premarital sex, am a masochist, and have kleptomania. All of these things I keep secret from pretty much everyone I know, aside from my best friend, who is also girl that took my virginity.

And here I am saying it to the world. I never have made much sense, why start now?

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
DemonicPancakes said:
If I am and I do carry this out (sex change and all that), then I'm a lesbian. I'm attracted to women, almost no matter what.
I fessed up a bit earlier but I didn't touch on this one cause I figured people might find it a bit weird, wanting to be a woman so you could be a lesbian... but aparently I'm not alone in that. I don't think I'd ever go for a sex change but I've been harbouring the thought of it for years now.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Idlemessiah said:
DemonicPancakes said:
If I am and I do carry this out (sex change and all that), then I'm a lesbian. I'm attracted to women, almost no matter what.
I fessed up a bit earlier but I didn't touch on this one cause I figured people might find it a bit weird, wanting to be a woman so you could be a lesbian... but aparently I'm not alone in that. I don't think I'd ever go for a sex change I've been harbouring the thought of it for years now.
Me third. I've got a transsexual pal who's going to become a man physically, and I'm so happy for him. I'd like to be a woman, but I don't think my parents would approve. Also, I wouldn't be able to become the kind of woman I'd like to be anyway.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm sitting here and thinking as hard as I can, and I'm realizing more and more that I don't actually have any personal closets I'm hiding in.

This is a good thing, I guess...?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Sacman said:
Oh yes and I may or may not have a bit of a crush on another Escapist member... though that's more of a fun fact...
Fan-tastic. LET THE PARANOIA AND CONSPIRACY MACHINES BEGIN!

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Kanatatsu said:
I haven't "come out" as a gamer.

I know, it's not a big deal, but I am a professional with a very serious job (lawyer, big firm) and it would honestly be better if I told my colleagues I was gay than a gamer.

So I'll stay in the closet and play.
Huh. It never struck me that gaming might be a problem like that.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Sacman said:
Heh I wouldn't exactly say it's very hard to just take a guess and be right...<.<

PhantomEcho

Nov 25, 2011
I am a serious-minded business professional.

I am also engaged to a woman whom I met online playing an MMORPG. Who is the midst of an ugly divorce.

Oh, and she and her kids are still stuck living with the in-laws until we can find a place.

But they don't know she's getting divorced. And my folks/family don't know about her at all. Because if they did... I don't even want to begin imagining what they would say. Nor do I care. But just having to listen to it, I know I might say something snarky and asshole-ish that I might later regret.

So I'm putting it off until the wedding invites go out.

Which, if proceedings go as planned, should be in about five months.

So there you go! Enjoy your knowledge of my deep, dark, not-so-secret secret.

Or go back to talking about religion and ponies. whatever floats your boats.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Lilani said:
I'm a Christian and I like BSDM. Figure that one out. (And no, I'm not the one who wrote the letter to Love FAQ).
That's pretty normal (1:24):

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6478387/the-six-girls-youll-date-in-college

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Only closet I have yet to come out of with my friends is that I'm a perv. Not a perv, but a perv. But I will resist! Or die trying. It gets in the way of commitment >.>.

lacktheknack said:
Sacman said:
I have lists! I HAVE LISTS!

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
Most of my "closet stuff" is sex related, no surprise there. I'm addicted to sex. I have had sex in public, with complete strangers whose names I can't remember anymore, I like being tied up when having sex and some other stuff as well.

I wouldn't want people closest to me knowing this stuff, especially the public thing. I'm sort of an exhibitionist, I 'spose... I like being naked :/