Your computer / Gaming setup

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
Post pictures or describe your current gaming set up that you use. :)

since I can't work out how to post images, I'll just link it

http://picpaste.com/Room-Em5xlrdt.jpg

That's mine currently. I build it today. A laptop, hooked up to a 22" tv duel screening, and that little monitor in the right is where I play xbox :)

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
I've got 3x 24" screens and a 40" tv and a decent enough computer that is using open loop watercooling.
I also got a nas, a media player, a laptop and soon a tablet.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I use a laptop.

Intel I5
6GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 330M integrated graphics
1080p screen

I play a lot of games in 720p for framerate reasons but only GTA4 has so far been unplayable for that reason.

XUnsafeNormalX

Mar 26, 2009
Custom Built
-i5 2500k
-Nvidia 560 Ti
-8 GB 1600 MHz RAM

About as powerful as 10 Xbox 360's. Can run just about anything.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
To be honest I dont know whether to upgrade my graphics card. On the one hand, its not really high end anymore, on the other, it runs everything on ultra just fine, apart from Witcher 2 and BF3 which I have to lower to high.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Most likely you'll only see games that tax it when the next gen consoles are released. By that time your prospective upgrade will have halved in price and there will be even better cards available.

That doesn't mean I listen to my own advice though. I'm just saying that's the sensible option.

If you want to splash out, buy a bigger, better monitor. One with higher resolution might put your gfx card to work. 3D ones have super high refresh rates which is also a good thing, even if everyone will hate you for supporting something remotely connected with 3D.

Sep 14, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
If I ever figure out how to copy pictures from my mobile phone to my PC without installing the crappy software, I will post a pic. But for now, its just text.

ATI Phenom II Black Edition xxxxsfudhdfuloadsoffuckingshitIcantremember 4x3,2ghz
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770

And a super super sexy ASUS monitor. 1080p, of course.

To be honest I dont know whether to upgrade my graphics card. On the one hand, its not really high end anymore, on the other, it runs everything on ultra just fine, apart from Witcher 2 and BF3 which I have to lower to high.
personally i would get another radeon card that is compatible for crossfire, such as a 6850 or the likes, (they will both only run at the capability of a 5770 for now) but when you had some extra cash down the road you could upgrade to another 6850 and crossfire those for years to come.

(that is probably what i am going to do this summer, or do it with the 7000 series)

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
The 5770 is a great card. It was handling everything I threw at it just fine before I finally handed it off to my girlfriend to update her 5660.