Your current job and you dream job.

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
Current Job: Manual Labour - Flooring

Dream Job: Reaching the point when I don't care about money or material possessions anymore and just stop working. So Buddhist?

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
Current Jon: Food services at my college. I was hired as a student several years back and still work around the college. Ive worked at the convenience store, coffee shop, cafeteria, catering, diner and now the chick-fil-a on campus. Sure, its not glorious. But i get to see a lot of friends who come by and the managers there love me.

Dream Job: Archaeologist. I have my Bachelors in Archaeology and a minor in Geology. Nearly had my senior thesis published and have presented information at the regional annual conference. Right now Im trying to get my life together so I can make a big move near a Grad School to try and make this reality.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
My current job is that I work at a Fish and Chip shop and I am a uni student. My dream job ... I don't really have one.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Currently: None, I'm a high school student.

Dream job: Some kind of writer...

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Current job: unarmed security guard

Dream job: some kind of gun-for-hire

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Currently I'm working at a Target as an over-night stocker.

I would love to just be wealthy and not have to do anything but as far as dream jobs go, I would love to be a professional actor (be it voice or actual). I also want to be a stand-up comedian. Part three would be a published author.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
current job: student.

Dream job: USMC Force Recon/PMC. Or perhaps a game concept designer/writer (if that's even a thing). Or both.

Edager6882

Dec 21, 2010
I have my dream job: Airline Pilot.

My fictional dream job: Interstellar Spaceship Pilot :). C'mon Richard Branson hire me at Virgin Galactic!

archaicmalevolence

Jul 16, 2010
Current Job: Editor for a magazine

Dream Job: Top priority would be an author, next either something related to computer sciences, or quantum physics.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
My current job: Full time student with part time work making Sandwiches for people that treat me like crap surrounded by co-workers that treat me like crap.

My dream job: Turning what I'm currently working on (webcomics) into a full time career while using the degree I'm working towards to pursue other projects.

It's nothing too fancy, but if I can actually become a webcartoonist, I'll be pretty proud.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
I used to be a chemical lab technician before I got an arrow to the knee.
Its not my dreamjob but it is a good one. I actually have no dreamjob...:/

masterfyoog

Jun 22, 2011
Current Job: Part-time Catering, pretty much unemployed

Dream Job: Video Game Marketing. I go over this in my head and wonder if this is what I want to aim towards and I believe I do. Its just so dang hard to go from Catering to marketing. I do have a bach. in Media Design and have tried to get into creating Video game series or livestream editorial but alas, no go so far.

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
I'm currently a Student. Don't have a job.

My dream job is to work as a translator.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
My current job ? I have several, none interesting.

My dream job ? I'd like to work in orphanage for little elephants. And yes, i'm serious. I f*king love those grey giants.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
I dont think I could deal with the pressure that comes with being an author. I used to be/am very good at writing short stories, if you can believe that, but imagine getting a book published and having it achieving success, and then having to write a sequel.
You wouldn't have to write a sequel if the first book stood on it's own without being a sequel.

I don't have a job at the moment because I haven't encountered and employer that knows how to hire properly. There is too much of a demand for experienced workers, even with easy jobs that take no experience.

And yes, my dream job is to become a published author. I can finally start writing again on the main book series I want to write, because I found the important notebook I had lost that has character bios, world map, and the workings of the language I'm creating for the series.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Well, I'm a student of Robotics now. I thought that already was my dream career but although I find the topic really interesting I don't think I can stand the course another semester so I'm going to quit that at the end of this one.
I already work as an EMT part-time and I got to find it's much more appealing to me than hours after hours of programming and looking over code to find yet another dumb error. So my new dream job would be moving to the UK and getting a proper paramedic degree, then working in London or somewhere similar. Or, because I'm too poor for that, working full-time EMT here for a while beforehand, which is what I've just applied for.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I'm a high school student, and I guess I wouldn't mind staying in school for the remainder of all time, doing degree after degree, but eventually I'd like to do something in the field of human rights law. I don't know; I don't really want to do law just to make a lot of money. I'd rather work in the public sector, work harder, and make less, and be extremely unhappy all the time. Heh. I'd also like to write, but I'm not any good, so that's quite unrealistic.