Your current musical obsession!

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I'm currently obssesed with Heavy Young Heathens.

By the way, kind of off topic here, but anyone know any other bands with a similar sound? I've been looking on Itunes but since they just throw this in with 'Alternative' I haven't been finding anything good.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Meshuggah!

Highly delightful stuff, if your into that sort of thing. Great driving music.

Bongrips

Apr 3, 2012
The entirety of my life has been marked by the inability to stop listening to and loving the hell out of RUSH.

Not such a bad thing.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Been somewhat depressed as of late, and been listening to a lot of Eyedea and the Abilities.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
ChippedShoulder said:
Got into Red Hot Chili Peppers a few months ago, on the advice of a good friend of mine. I now barely listen to much else at the moment, bought Kiedis' autobiography, own almost their entire discography (working on it) and learnt most of it on guitar because Mr Frusciante is fantastic :D
Red Hot Chili Peppers are awesome!

Snow (Hey Oh) has to be one of my favorite songs of all time.

Borntolose

Aug 18, 2008
I recently discovered Gordian Knot:

I really like bands that put an effort into the actual music and not just the lyrics. I'm sick and tired of hearing guys singing about love to the sound of two different chords on a guitar, so this is really a breath of fresh air.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm crazy about the Decemberists currently. Down by the Water has the best accordion-or-possibly-harmonica-I-can't-really-tell solo ever.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ChippedShoulder said:
Got into Red Hot Chili Peppers a few months ago, on the advice of a good friend of mine. I now barely listen to much else at the moment, bought Kiedis' autobiography, own almost their entire discography (working on it) and learnt most of it on guitar because Mr Frusciante is fantastic :D
Welcome. They really are awesome, aren't they?

I saw them live at Manchester a few months ago. As for the 'Scar Tissue' autobiography, it's very interesting, isn't it?

OT:

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Rammstein!
Du hast mich...

I love Rammstein. They've been dominating my playlist, the last months, together with Flogging Molly.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
And this just happened to come up after I just got one after all this time.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brSzyLtNjgw
Crush 40 is releasing three new songs, and they've released this medley demo. I keep playing it. Over and over again. And I wonder why it takes so long to get these out. I mean, I have seen plenty of people get work like this done and out in a day or two. I don't understand the process of the music industry much at all. Anyone know why it takes so long to get this stuff done? They said they'd be releasing the songs on I Tunes and everything.

I suppose I've still got Zapper: One Wicked Cricket left over. I happened to run into this game about a month ago, and I just cannot get enough of this game's fantastic soundtrack. Especially the Bonus Round theme, when you go off to collect yourself a new shield. My word... more people need to know about this obscure little title.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Sonata Arctica and Amon Amarth. I've been on this for more than three years. Somebody help me, please.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Not really one at the moment, in a few days Fate/Zero's OST for the second part of series is all I'm going to be listening to.

Holarchy

Nov 6, 2011
Recently discovered 'The Eels' and I'm totally obsessed. (Video is a tad on the insane side)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TfqbuTBqX8

'Oberhofer' is another which I've taken a liking to. The lead singer has an amazing taste in shirts too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTopEqH2leE

Dem Craft Spells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aUgPuIhfVY