Your definition of a "good game"?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
I've said it before, and I'll say it again (I should start copypasta-ing this stuff...)

1)Good gameplay
2)Good story

I can have point 1 without point 2, but not the other way around. I need to enjoy the game first and foremost, after all. If both points are together, then that's a damned good game and likely among my top favorite games.

SideSlyGuy

Jul 7, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
It has to be fun.
Well said. That was exactly what I was going to say, thanks a lot for stealing my idea! If a games fun its good, simple as that. A good story is always a nice plus, for sure.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
The main indication of a good game is one that I can't stop thinking about playing after first getting it. If it's on my mind all the time for the first few days I have it, then I know it's good.

squballs1234

Jul 9, 2009
My personal definition of a GOOD GAME is a good plot, a good set of characters, good game play and don't care about the graphics they're just a bonus to the game being great/good.
Examples:
Legend of Zelda-Ocarina of Time,
Prince of Persia Sands of Time,
Tales of Symphonia,
Uncharted 2,
InFamous
and Star/WarCraft (All of them can't wait for SC2).
Lol, yes its a bit of a list but you get the point.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Something that pulls me in. Addictive, time consuming and over all lots of fun.
Dan Weinstein said:
i think you know a game is good when you look at your watch while playing and its 3AM :D
Especially when this happens!

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
It needs to strike a balance between plot,gameplay mechanics,character development,navigation,soundtrack,length,diversity of world,diversity of useable strategies,predictability,UNpredictability,originality,hype,replayability,and mood.
After all of this,it must also be fun to play from beginning to end,and keep the user enthralled during the entire experience. Quite the tall order,innit?

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
It has to be fun
good games
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Bayonetta
Why do I like 'em? They're a hell of a great experience to play =D I love em to bits. Not tread setting super awesome best games ever. But they are good games

bad game
Nights in the Knightmare
Everything took FOREVER and I may dig myself into a hole here, but MY GOD that combat system? HORRRRRRIBLE I hated it. I hated, hated, hated, hated it! I liked the box art. That was it.

Crimson King

May 16, 2009
A good game overall must have a good plot.
Gameplay itself doesn't have to be top knotch when a good story is there for me to stumble around in.
There are other things that go into a good game, but it's late and I have a headache.

Hristo Petrov

Nov 11, 2009
Well my current Top 5 Is

1 Planescape Torment - Great story, great characters, awesome music and yet sadly criminally underrated
2 Fallout 2 - I can't count the hours i spent roaming the wasteland shooting people in the groin No need to explain why this game is awesome
3 SMT Lucifer's Call - Haven't finished this one yet but after playing it for 3 days and getting my ass kicked by almost every boss I still enjoy it and I can't imagine the joy Ill feel when I finish it ( I heard it had like 6 endings so there is replay value)
4 GODHAND - Funny and simple story Graphics are meh but the character design is cool and the gameplay is a 10/10 whit great customization (over 100 different punches and kicks to chose from), hard but fair difficulty and some of the best boss battles EVAA
5 System Shock 2 - One of the few Survival Horror games that are actually scary (the others are Undying, Silent Hill 2 and Rule of Rose)

saintfrankie92

Jun 30, 2010
1 An awesome single player/co-op campaign: If they didn't even bother, why should I?
2 An awesome multi player mode: cuz don't we all want to kill our fellow man?
3 An awesome story line: Saving the princess is nice, but maybe i want to know why the hell im saving her ass again.
4 An awesome main character: Mass effect wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if you didn't care about Shep.
5 Dinosaurs.

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
Fun
Great Story
Great Voice Acting
I have to care about the characters
Great Soundtrack