Your Desktop (pic)

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

Here's what my Win10 desktop and start menu look like along with the programs I use like jetAudio for music and the Zoom Player for videos. Also, absolutely no security software outside of ZoneAlarm, Windows Defender and Update are completely disabled.

Last edited:

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Untitled.jpg

Here's mine. The black bars are due to the empty spaces between monitors. It doesn't show here, but I have a quad monitor setup. Two landscape in the middle, and two portrait ones flanking that. Decided to keep the theme with the start menu being visible

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Having too many desktop icons really stressed me out, and it just looked untidy, so I stuck Steam, Chrome and Spotify to my taskbar, and everything else is pinned in my start menu.

I used to use Wallpaper Engine, but the strain it put on my PC just wasn't worth it. Sure, its fine if you have a single monitor, because it pauses in the background, but when you have 2 or 3, each monitor needs to have a window open, or it just eats your CPU usage.

So I guess this beautiful static image of Halo Infinite will suffice.
desktop.PNG

Reactions: gorfias

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Having too many desktop icons really stressed me out, and it just looked untidy, so I stuck Steam, Chrome and Spotify to my taskbar, and everything else is pinned in my start menu.

I used to use Wallpaper Engine, but the strain it put on my PC just wasn't worth it. Sure, its fine if you have a single monitor, because it pauses in the background, but when you have 2 or 3, each monitor needs to have a window open, or it just eats your CPU usage.
Yeah, I hate desktop icons too because I'm never at the desktop screen to begin with. I know the Win+D shortcut and all but just opening something from the Quick Launch or pinned on the start menu are both probably faster. That Wallpaper Engine thing looks pretty cool but again, who is really on their desktop that much? I guess if you're just playing music while doing something else, you can pretty much use it as a visualization.

Martintox

Mister Disorder
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
My desktop's been organized like this for a long time now -- I've got it down to a science.

AAGJH.png

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

morsomk

The Shape of Water was the worst movie of 2017.
Legacy
Apr 8, 2020
Hell
Country
Cold
0TFZ2ki7VJ.png

I got this computer fairly recently, my older computer probably would've had some more interesting stuff on it, but that's all gone now.