Your Dream Escapist Show

Brownie80

Jan 27, 2014
Imagine if you had a show on The Escapist. Creating content with the ranks of Jim Sterling, Bob Chipman, LoadingReadyRun, Lisa Foiles, and Yahtzee Croshaw. What would it be called and what would it be about? Something to think about.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
I have no idea what I would call it, but I'd take a forgotten game from 5 years+ ago and review it. Be it good or bad I'd say exactly what was right and wrong with it.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I've been kicking an idea in my head for a while now...

Basically, it would be this picture

A company doing company things for the purpose of evil. For example, getting funding to build a giant laser to destroy the moon or something like that

It's hard to write on paper my exact thoughts, but it would be essentially this. Does it make any sense? .-.

Brownie80

Jan 27, 2014
PsychicTaco115 said:
I've been kicking an idea in my head for a while now...

Basically, it would be this picture

A company doing company things for the purpose of evil. For example, getting funding to build a giant laser to destroy the moon or something like that

It's hard to write on paper my exact thoughts, but it would be essentially this. Does it make any sense? .-.
Sure! I would definitely watch a show like that.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I hope to one day do a video review show thing on the internet, but for what I have in mind, it'd be more suited for TGWTG or Chez Apocalypse. (it'd probably run longer than 10 minutes an episode, the review style & humor would be akin to that featured on those sites)

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Doraleous and Associates

I can't animate though so... >.<

Hmmm...

Well, I suppose I could have an ongoing series about me playing Star Citizen but I find it hard to believe I would be both paid to record that and that people would actually watch me.

Speaking of which...

*stares at clock*

[sub][sub][sub]Come on dogfighting module...[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Ya know, I was gonna say "Jim and Yahtzee do poetry", but then I remembered that they do have a show like that.
Uh...I dunno, Yahtzee talking about stuff? Oh wait, we have that already, it's called Zero Punctuation.
Maybe have something else with him and Jim?
Jim and the LRR crew?
Dunno.

JustCallMeJonny

Oct 26, 2013
Anime reviews/coverage very much inspired by people like Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell.

So basically Zero Punctuation but for anime.

Brownie80

Jan 27, 2014
DANGER- MUST SILENCE said:
Brownie80 said:
Imagine if you had a show on The Escapist. Creating content with the ranks of Jim Sterling, Bob Chipman, LoadingReadyRun, Lisa Foiles, and Yahtzee Croshaw. What would it be called and what would it be about? Something to think about.
It would be called [DELETED!] and it would be about nothing because it would never happen.

I firmly believe the only shows that are worth anything are shows that do good for the community. Jim provides insight into controversial issues. Bob uses his encyclopaedic knowledge of nerdy topics to inform people of things they might be interested in but don't know how to research. LoadingReadyRun entertains with clever comedy. Lis- Yahtzee pushes for better games by mercilessly critiquing so that even good games can have their flaws pointed out. Every one of these shows Most of these shows contribute something of value that makes our community better.

I have nothing to contribute to this community. I'm an equal participant, not a leader with specialized knowledge other people want to know. I could probably get a couple episodes out of my knowledge of games as an abstract concept and how they relate to language skills, but I don't think most people in this community care about that. So it's probably better that I just stay on the forums where people can ignore me if they don't like what I have to say.

But hey, if The Escapist ever does a survey and finds that their audience has a burning desire to have someone answer their questions about English syntax complete with sentence trees, give me a call!
Good point. I would rage at you but your pic is of Nathan Fillion and I freakin' love Nathan Fillion to the death. So you get a pass.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'd do the manga equivalent of The Big Picture. It'd be cool. I've got the knowledge to pull it off.

Brownie80

Jan 27, 2014
Queen Michael said:
I'd do the manga equivalent of The Big Picture. It'd be cool. I've got the knowledge to pull it off.
"has read 3,123 manga books." Forgive me for not doubting what you say.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Brownie80 said:
Queen Michael said:
"has read 3,123 manga books." Forgive me for not doubting what you say.
Heh. To be honest, I'd forgotten that I had that there as I wrote that post.

bdeamon

Mar 20, 2013
I really liked those white guy power ranger guys from that one Critical Miss panel(the white guy defence force I think.) I would love a comic series or a show where those guys wander around video games and act like a-holes. Like if the hipster improves Beyond 2 souls by making Jodie act sexier, or the bro and the bronie have a moral crisis in CoD.