Your Dream Game (that will never get made)

Vizanto

Aug 6, 2012
So we've all had them. We all have games that sound awesome in our heads but yet a developer hasn't caught on to our genius. Hell, our beloved Yahtzee can't go three articles without mentioning a game he thinks would be awesome but yet doesn't have the energy to actually make.

So my question is, what about you? Do also have a video game idea that would just be awesome but has yet to be made? I think most of us do. Hell, here's mine as an example.

I thought of a Sims/adventure game style of game that is based around the mob. Basically you'd play the son of an important mobster. As his son your job wouldn't be going around and shooting up henchmen, you'd be going to meetings, learning the trade, talking to businessmen and the like. You'd organize territory and people in that territory. Say a new gang came on your turf, how many men should you send? Would you send them at all?

It'd be a drama oriented game, like LA Noire, constantly dealing with people on the highest end of the food chain. The meetings would go similar to LA Noire, but with choices like being intimidating, or charming, or neutral and more.

Basically it'd be a story focused adventure game from the perspective of the guy in the chair who gives out missions to the underlings which most games normally play as. Hell that would be a major part of the game, handling when a new badass comes along. Do you trust them? Are they a cop? Could they potentionally overthrow you? Would killing them only make things worse>

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I want a game where you control a SWAT team. Unlike most games of this variety, you are required to minimize loss of life (including the bad guys). I want this to include:

-Being able to negotiate. Being allowed to talk the subject down rather than just default to tactical options
-You are NOT allowed to fire at the subject unless the subject is a direct threat to your team or hostages
-You are required to be mindful of hostages. For example, throwing flash-bangs in a room filled with children could easily cause deafness and sight issues to people that young and therefore should not be allowed

Along with that, there needs to be more than just hostage rescue. Talking people down from ledges, dealing with bomb threats, security details, and raids should be prevalent during the game.

Basically, I want them to make a updated version of SWAT 4 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWAT_4] with the ability to talk to subjects. To be more precise, I want them to create a video game based on the TV series Flashpoint [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashpoint_(TV_series)].

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I really want a proper Elder Scrolls game on a handheld console. Morrowind would be awesome on the 3ds, and I would get a Vita if Oblivion or Skyrim came out for it.

Mar 7, 2012
Some sort of mix between EVE Online and Day Z.

Basically an FPS where everyone is just dumped into an environment with other players just to see what they do. With the capability of building cities and stuff.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Something like what the Tron Legacy game had, only strictly multiplayer and frankly made more fun. The ability to spin kick off a wall into a flip and then throw your light disc at someone for the finishing kill would be surreal kinds of badass...

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I've always wanted a Friday the 13th game. Specifically a Friday game where you get to be Jason. Maybe in a Splinter Cell or Manhunt style mold where you get to stalk naughty teens through various locations.

I know it'll never happen, and probably shouldn't happen. But what can I say, I'm a Jason fan.

adam352

Jan 11, 2010
A bank robbery sim.

You and (co-op) companions would work to gain information on the bank (Blueprints etc) and its employees, before planning an attack and get-get away, before attempting to execute it. Bonus points for minimizing civilian casualties.

All in a GTA style city.

Basically like Payday: The Heist, but not just a shooter where you happen to be robbing people.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I want a Warhammer 40K game that plays like Mass Effect. You would play as an Inquisitor who could be either Puritan or Radical(Think Paragon/Renegade) Or maybe even go full Chaos, that'd be interesting.

But to be honest, this might actually get made if more people cared about 40K.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Jynthor said:
I want a Warhammer 40K game that plays like Mass Effect. You would play as an Inquisitor who could be either Puritan or Radical(Think Paragon/Renegade) Or maybe even go full Chaos, that'd be interesting.

But to be honest, this might actually get made if more people cared about 40K.
It would probably be better in a more KOTOR 2 style game, but keeping the seperate sliders from mass effect.
Also it should have the difficulty of dark souls to make it universe accurate.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Half-Life 3, I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned already.

Either that or an Obsidian game that works.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much the ultimate MMORPG of them all. It has the usualy MMORPG aspects (before you asked, it cover both fantasy and sci fi as time travel is involve) but it has more social and several mini games in it like racing. Also the character creation would of been huge.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
A game where you take control of various people on a starship. The Captain gives orders, the navigators pilot the ship, fighter pilots make straffing runs, gunners do what they can to shoot them down, engineers diver power to where it is needed and do damage control, and marines attempt to board the enemy ship and sabotage it/defend it. Also make the ship like the fallout 3 damage system where sections can be damaged and hamper their abilities. It would be a good team based game.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Soxafloppin said:
That pokemon game that everyone wants :(
Its like Game Freak have an aversion to money or something; if they made a 3d open world Pokemon RPG it would be a great hit. That or a Pokemon MMO. Then again, so far they seem incapable of making anything except 2d handheld games, so maybe they don't have the expertise or something.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
A mixture of Persona and Devil Summoner. Where you have the story and social links from persona but the dungeons are more traditional JRPG exploring than repetitive dungeon crawling and real time combat.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
erttheking said:
A game where you take control of various people on a starship. The Captain gives orders, the navigators pilot the ship, fighter pilots make straffing runs, gunners do what they can to shoot them down, engineers diver power to where it is needed and do damage control, and marines attempt to board the enemy ship and sabotage it/defend it. Also make the ship like the fallout 3 damage system where sections can be damaged and hamper their abilities. It would be a good team based game.
Erm, can't remember which one it was, but Extra Credits did an episode of Games You Might Not Have Heard Of (or whatever it is) that mentioned a game almost exactly like that. It was one of the more recent ones.

For me, it'd be an Elder Scrolls game that covered the entirety of Tamriel, taking in to account every part of it in detail. It would have a story that's actually good - I'd say at least Bioware-level storytelling, if not better - and it would go back to the Morrowind style stat system. Diverse creatures and environments to the point of near ridiculousness, extremely diverse dungeons and the like, and so on. In addition to that, give the option to have a few friends drop in to your game, either with their own characters or with NPC stats at the same level yours are. Alternatively, be able to network the game like Minecraft and have a group of people run through the entire story together, with scaling difficulty so that the more people you have the more difficult fights would be, but in a good way. Big baddies would be stronger, bandit encounters would involve more enemies, and so on. Also, the graphics would have to be spectacular. It'd be even better if it involved some world-building abilities like a RTS game, or like AC: Brotherhood, where investing in shops and such actually did something and becoming a merchant/lord of sorts was a viable route through the game. Might as well add in some Parkour abilities in addition to everything else (although the Acrobatics of Morrowind/Oblivion covered that in a sense...)

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
Fractral said:
Soxafloppin said:
That pokemon game that everyone wants :(
Its like Game Freak have an aversion to money or something; if they made a 3d open world Pokemon RPG it would be a great hit. That or a Pokemon MMO. Then again, so far they seem incapable of making anything except 2d handheld games, so maybe they don't have the expertise or something.
They should purchase the expertise. I would pay anywhere up to all the money for this game.

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
Spore +more complex gameplay + mass effect (story)= perfect evolution sim/ space opera!

i mean i have been looking for good space opera games with a wider scope than mass effect (ie strategy games with a decent story)