Your Dreams

Godysseus

Sep 11, 2008
Have weird ones? Funny ones? I've heard of some pretty interesting dreams from friends, especially the ones they had as kids.

I barely dream anymore, but when I do, my brain likes to go all out and confuse the hell out of me.

One old one, though, you know those big hippos from animaniacs? When I was a kid, I dreamed they were not only big hippos, but Godzilla-Hippos, terrorizing New York City, alongside other characters from the show, like the Godzilla-Nurse, and in the mass destruction, me and a handful of others were saved by the nurse, who would pick us up and place us on her giant breasts, and we were tiny, and it was dark in there, and you could hear the destruction from outside.

Naturally, I thought this was normal at the time, but I learned later that normal kids don't have dreams like those.

You might not be normal though, or have normal dreams, in which case, share, share

Downside

Sep 16, 2008
Had a dream when i was little that a giant fly was destroying the city godzilla style although it didn't really scare me.

A random dream i had once is one where i was in a dense jungle and i was chased by a Lion, so i climbed a tree to escape but when i reached the top, the top of the tree was the head of a duck. Then when a i looked around the lion was in some sort of fenced off enclosure. That really freaked me out when i woke up.

Also had many dreams where i'm in a public place wearing just a t-shirt and nothing else. Although these were when i was younger dont get them anymore.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Not too long ago, I had a dream where I was playing Rorshach in a VR game. That was neat.

imperialwar

Jun 17, 2008
Last night i was on a road trip with Hugh Hefner, he was driving the campervan we were in...
weird i know. And my wife also had a dream where we were camping as well, with some guy who had an alligator pet.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
I've had consecutive dreams of a dark, stone maze, which has the voices of little children coming out of the walls. It's fucking terrifying.
Especially when they say "look out behind you" and there is no-one there.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
The re-occurring dream I have is always like some kind of survival action/horror film.

Usually it's in a hotel and it's Last Man Standing rules, so everyone is trying to take everyone else out. Sometimes it's just people killing people (like a Bond movie done by Tartan Asia) and sometimes there are mages, necromancers, conjurers etc.

Being a writer of similar material, I don't really give a second thought or worry about them. I do realise I'm dreaming quite a lot and just "go with it". If it's what I've been thinking/writing about for the last 20 solid hours, it's expected.

One day I'm gunna hit someone in real life and think it was a dream or something.

My girlfriend tells me she always has the dreams where she's trying to hit someone and she's mega slow, or she's hitting them and it doesn't hurt them, or she's trying to run away but doesn't get anyway. IMO this is more to worry about than mine, I put my weird and gore filled dreams down to an over-active imagination.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
I had a dream once that scared the crap out of me:

I wake to a light coming from outside my door (I always sleep with my head to a window and face to the door). The door opens by it's self and in walks Sadako/Samara (the girl from the Ring) with her face obscured by her hair. Stricken with terror I sit there and she walks up next to my bed and looks at me. Her hair pulls back and her face is completely normal except for eyes that were completely black and crying blood.

I actually woke up screaming.

But that's what I get for watching the Japanese ring trilogy starting at 11pm.

Downside

Sep 16, 2008
dannydamage post=18.73971.816956 said:
My girlfriend tells me she always has the dreams where she's trying to hit someone and she's mega slow, or she's hitting them and it doesn't hurt them, or she's trying to run away but doesn't get anyway. IMO this is more to worry about than mine, I put my weird and gore filled dreams down to an over-active imagination.
I've had the dreams where you try to hit someone and no matter how much effort you put into it the connection just doesn't seem to hurt them. Its so frustrating. I just reckon i'm beating up my pillow or something.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
Downside post=18.73971.816999 said:
dannydamage post=18.73971.816956 said:
I've had the dreams where you try to hit someeone and no matter how much effort you put into it the connection just doens't seem to hurt them. Its so frustrating. I just reckon i'm beating up my pillow or something.
I think it means you feel like you aren't getting anywhere no matter how hard you try. Same as if you've ever dreamt that you're stuck in mud and can't move. That's what an "expert" will tell you anyway.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
When I was 4 I had a dream that an enormous spider came to my mum's room and scared her so much that she jumped out of the window, landed in a forest that appeared out of nowhere and then spontaneously combusted.

Weird, but I've been arachnaphobic ever since :S

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I've had the same dream once a year for the past 10 years. It occurs around the same time every year and to this day scares the hell out of me (Mainly because I can't believe that my mind could come up with it). I won't go into details because it takes forever to explain but lets just say it has to do with ghosts, kittens, water slides, Yoda, and me being trapped in a water park with all of those things. Don't ask me, it's too weird.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I once had a dream that there was a little paddling pool with a curved tube running from the bottom of it and acring round. The idea was that you would dive into the top and come out in the paddling pool. I enjoyed it massively in my dream, and nearly cried when I woke up and it wasnt there <:'(

The '<' is my funny hat.

implodingMan

Apr 9, 2008
Last night I had a dream that a few of my friends and myself were going to rob a store the local mall in the middle of the night. We broke in, only to find that the store had been completely cleared of all merchandise, and was lit by a powerful set of white lights.

The doors out were locked, and as we pondered our situation, a group of Agents came in, telling us to turn our weapons over (we had handguns) and then surrender.

It was a bloodbath. The dream concluded with me in a car trying to get away with two friends. The whole thing sort of had this Reservoir Dogs meets the Matrix feel going on.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I have a couple dream stories to share actually

I had a conversation with someone about one of my dreams and it sounded hilarious when taken out of context:

But what if it comes true?
It won't, It was a dream.
But I don't want it to!
It won't!
But it was a transvestite!!

I'm not going to put it into context, because it's much funnier out of context then in.

Another recurring nightmare I had involved a giant glue monster, and an electricity monster. I had this dream for years and years.. and I never knew where the images in the nightmare came from.

Then one day I was sitting down watching old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episodes, and there they were.

I screamed.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
I remember a dream I had a couple of days ago. It was one of the most awsome dreams I had. And I didn't record it (I'll just explain that one. I've started to record the descritpion of dreams that made enough impression on me. And I usually record them the moment I wake up, as that's when I remember best), but I'll tell most of it.

Uhm .. I'm not sure where it startet. But I remember that I at some point went in to this bar. And there was this first section, where the poor people drank. Then there was this section where wealthy people drank. And behind that one was were the really rich ones drank. I think I knew some of the bartenders, because I was allowed to sit at the wealthy bar. And I ordered some food as well. And I ate. Biting my teeth together as I got the bill, I got ready to read it. And when I looked down, it was about 100 bucks. And I was like "What the deuce? Is this expensive? I mean, I spend more than that on a home-made meal". ANd so I started thinking that it was probably because I were a sailor. Because sailors usually earn more than other people.

I also remember that I got access to the really rich bar. ANd I could even afford a drink or two! That was great =P
And I think I was flirting with this girl as well. A kind of not-trying-to-go-anywhere-flirting ...