Your favorite AC/DC song

Sep 6, 2009
TriggerUnhappy said:
My three favorites are Hell's Bells, Who Made Who, and Thunderstruck.
The King of Rock and Roll said:
Haseo21 said:
The King of Rock and Roll said:
Haseo21 said:
If you want blood (you got it)
Yes, you my friend are awesome.

Dirty Deeds, Hells Bells, Are You Ready, and You Shook Me All Night Long are my other favorites.
Hell yea, I totally respect the other 80's bands too, WhiteSnake, Van Halen, Twisted Sister, Bon Jovi, all great bands
But there are plenty more bands to mention
Yeah, I could run out of room just listing sub genres of metal. I think W.A.S.P. or Judas Priest would have to be my favorite band. Too bad I wasn't alive in the 80's. I think thats when music started going downhill and now we have the Jonas Brothers and their studio muscians and voice altering...(This rant has been inturupted before anything derogatory or offensive could be said. Thank you for your patience.)
That's not true actually, there's plenty of great bands (in my opinion at least), you just have to search for em.
That is true, but music as a whole has gone downwards. There are still newer bands coming out like Black Tide, Priestess, or Avenged Sevenfold that have alot of talent and potential in them. It just seems that nowadays people will listen to music that requires very little talent or effort and instead is focused on gimmicks, physical attractiveness and image.

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
Berethond said:
madcap2112 said:
Berethond said:
Haseo21 said:
sasquatch99 said:
Will I be murdered if I say I've never listened to them?
Nah not many people respect the gods of music these days
Gods of music?
My good sir, you are quite mistaken!

You have never heard of the pianistic gods Bach, Chopin, Mozart, Liszt, Art Tatum, Bud Powell, Wynton Kelly, or even Jordan Rudess?

How about guitarists and bassists Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Jordan, John McLaughlin, Robert Johnson, or Charlie Mingus?

How about the drummers Art Blakey, Max Roach, Papa Jo Jones, Charlie Persip, or Jimmy Cobb?

All right off the top of my head.
Those are all good, but surely AC/DC can be considered gods of music in their respective field, just as the ones you mentioned are? They're gods of rock, maybe not comparable to the great composers in the long run, but in their own genre, they stand tall.
Not really, at least not to me.
They have next to no variety at all, and had maybe minimal influence in the way the music developed. They just sold stuff.
Not really. Angus Young is one of the most important guitarists in rock music. I don't deny a lot of their albums have the same sound, but at the same time you can give them credit for that. They always stayed true to themselves, which is something you can't say for a lot of their contemporaries. They were energetic and talented. They may not have had the influence of the artists you've mentioned, but they're a different act altogether.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
They tend to get hyped up and they are good but I've never been that into them but I always did love Money Talks.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
I have 2 favorites. T.N.T and Highway to Hell. I couldn't possibly choose between the two.

Sipo

Jul 25, 2009
im sorry, but im a major super hardcore ACDC hater. cant help it. they bug me....

GHMonkey

Aug 11, 2009
Thunderstruck is not only their best song but also has its own drinking game. so it is made of win

SantonioH10

Sep 15, 2009
I don't like AC/DC much at all. I know they've had two vocalists, but both of them were infuriatingly annoying. That said, I enjoy Rock 'n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, and the intro to Hell's Bells is incredible.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
It changes often, but right now it's Who Made Who.

Previous favourties include Whole Lotta Rosie, Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, and Money Talks.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Berethond said:
Haseo21 said:
sasquatch99 said:
Gods of music?

You have never heard of the pianistic gods Bach, Chopin, Mozart, Liszt, Art Tatum, Bud Powell, Wynton Kelly, or even Jordan Rudess?

How about guitarists and bassists Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Jordan, John McLaughlin, Robert Johnson, or Charlie Mingus?

How about the drummers Art Blakey, Max Roach, Papa Jo Jones, Charlie Persip, or Jimmy Cobb?

Woah!

What's all this Classical and Jazz doing in an AC/DC thread??

But really, AC/DC practice their songs 8 bars at a time. Anyone who can do that for so long and not go completely insane gets my props!

That's why they are so fucking tight. They practice!

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
zen5887 said:
Berethond said:
Haseo21 said:
sasquatch99 said:
Gods of music?

Woah!

What's all this Classical and Jazz doing in an AC/DC thread??

But really, AC/DC practice their songs 8 bars at a time. Anyone who can do that for so long and not go completely insane gets my props!

That's why they are so fucking tight. They practice!
Eight bars?
Wow.

Jaco Pas plays funk, and Robert Johnson plays blues.
Don't forget them!