Your Favorite Anime

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
What is it? Everyone has one

This is mine, Gurren Lagann is such an amazing anime, i just wish it was longer.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I have too many to mention but one of them is Gurren Lagaan.
If you want to know here are my few favourites like One Piece, Ghost in the Shell SAT 2nd GiG, FLCL and Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop and more.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I have a lot of anime that I like to watch but the one I have enjoyed most is probably Code: Geass, I don't think it's the best anime out there but I loved it.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Gintama, hands down. I like it when an anime sort of takes it easy and hardly focuses on story. It allows me to watch at my own pace and when I want to instead of being urged to watch it all in one sitting...

It's also the funniest anime I've ever watched and I'm sure it would still remain funny to those who don't get all the references or don't see "anime humor".

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
The only one I've seen enough of to judge it as awesome is Code Geass. Though I am constantly looking for new ones but it seems the only ones I ever get recommended to me are Bleach, Death Note, Naruto or the other ones that have ran for like 400 episodes and are never going to fucking stop. I don't like shit that drags on forever, that's why I don't bother with superhero comics.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, all the way. Every time i hear a song from that anime, i get chills...
A close second is Clannad: after Story, and then Great Teacher Onizuka, Higurashi no naku koro ni kai. Or something like that, I can`t remember the exact title...
But all of them were so damn brilliant.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I've enjoyed a load of series, but if I had to choose a favourite, I guess I'd say the Ghost in the Shell film. (I haven't seen the series - Stand Alone Complex, I think it's called. Is it worth watching?)
As for series, it's a tie between Clannad/Clannad After Story, Darker Than Black or Serial Experiments Lain. Maybe Code Geass too. [sub]See, I just can't choose...[/sub]

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
Probably Code Geass. The first season of the Haruhi show thingy was quite good. Death Note was good. I've only seen one episode of Baccano but I here its brilliant.

Ive been doing some a little series on youtube showing the WTF moments I came accross whilst trying to get into anime: Check inside the spoiler tags for a random episode.

Random episode : Code Geass : Episode 10:

Here's the playlist link if interested: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBF1B8DCF082E1692&feature=mh_lolz

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Dragon Ball Z. Yes I know it's kinda sad, but I don't really care. It means too much to me ^_^

Guykild

Jan 18, 2010
Definitely Monster.A bit convoluted, but really riveting stuff if you take the time to get into it. Plus hearing lots of German names being pronounced in Japanese accents has a certain charm about it.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Oh you ************. Ninjad form the get go.

Oh well, I'll have to say my second place then, which is probably Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I never watched the entire 2003 series. I didn't feel right watching it, knowing that it wouldn't entirely follow the manga.

[Kira Must Die said:
]Bakemonogatari.
I'm asking you a serious question, here and now: Did you entierly understand that series? While I haven't seen all of it, I've seen about 5 episodes right now, and my mind is about as far in mindfuckland as it can get.

I don't think I don't enjoy the series, but I know that I don't understand a thing about it.

Viper1265

Jul 12, 2009
IF I had to pick just one, it would have to be Planetes. Simply one of the best hard sci-fi series out there.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I think Gurren Lagann was just long enough plus once you start throwing universe at people everything else will feel like a step down.

OT: Hands down my number one has and probably always will be Time Of Eve,Yasuhiro Yoshiura at his finest. Each episode has about fifteen minutes to get the narrative out and he packs so much into it that it feels like he's doing full episodes.It deals with what will human android relationship and the evolving relationship between the main man and his relationship with his android housekeeper. It's quite and thoughtful show with a ton of heart. Doll of Eve is still one of my favorite episodes of anything ever

the other 4 in my top five in a semblance of order:

Usagi Drop: one of my sweetest and heart warming shows I've ever watched.

Baccano!: It's a ruckus of characters and 4 separate plot lines that tie into each other by the end. It's a blast to watch and you'll never really see anything else like it.Also the soundtrack kicks ass.

Haibane Renmei: Like Time of Eve it's a very quite and introspective show though this one is drenched in symbolism and metaphors.

A tie between Princess Tutu and Mai-Hime. Both excellent deconstructions of the Magic Girl genre (Madoka can go screw itself) the latter being more shonen while the former is more Shojo. Also before people get there panties in a twist, I like Madoka Magicka but feel it's really over rated.

Fishehh

May 2, 2009
GOSICK you just cannot beat GOSICK.

Also Zero no Tsukaima is awesome (and has the most bad-ass fight in it, check spoiler for the fight: will spoil about the first 20 episodes I beleive)

EDIT:
Some how I missed Skip Beat! seriously Skip Beat!