Your Favorite Colossi

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Colossus 13. After you deflate his ballsacks, you run right next to him, stand on your horse and jump to its wing. You then make your way on its back and get stabby with its multiple weak spots. It has to be played to experience its epicness.

Captcha: Oh, Lord
Exactly what you will say when fighting this guy.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
octafish said:
This one?

I haven't played Shadow of the Colossus, it's not on PC.
Well you could play the game on an emulator if your PC is powerful enough. It has to be pretty powerful though from what I've seen.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
scorptatious said:
octafish said:
This one?

Well you could play the game on an emulator if your PC is powerful enough. It has to be pretty powerful though from what I've seen.
Not without owning the game first. Is the media enough or do you need to own a console to legally emulate one on PC? Buying a console would break my 28 year run of playing video games without ever owning a console. Not something I'm going to compromise on.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I liked the dog that was afraid of fire. And number two. Four can kiss my ass and so can nine that mother fucking turtle.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
octafish said:
scorptatious said:
octafish said:
This one?

Not without owning the game first. Is the media enough or do you need to own a console to legally emulate one on PC? Buying a console would break my 28 year run of playing video games without ever owning a console. Not something I'm going to compromise on.
To be honest I'm not sure. I'm mainly a console gamer so I don't have a very big idea on how emulators work.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Definitely Dirge (the sand snake thing.) The fight is good, and that game over screen is awesome/nightmare fuel.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Phalanx, by far. Just watching him winding his way through the sky is majestic, but actually fighting him is one of the greatest experiences I've ever had in about 22 years of gaming.
Also, the music that starts playing when he descends to ground level is my favourite piece in the entire game.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
Easily #13, Phalanx

He was the one who you had to shoot out of the sky then jump on from aggros back while he's still moving, I mean, It even sounds awesome lol.

Aug 20, 2011
I loved the two flying collosi. Both were absolutely breathtaking, awe-inspiring battles.

But I have a special place in my heart for this guy:
This was probably the most frustrating battle in the game for me, but oh god! So satisfying to finally take him down!

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Number 3 and number 15. The moment I saw Gaius (number 3) in the trailer I knew I had to buy the game. A knight on a giant coin waiting for someone to fight.

Not sure why I liked 15 so much, probably the music as Exius mentioned.

Just for those who didn't know, there's a small list of unused Colossi. [http://shadowofthecolossus.wikia.com/wiki/Unused_Colossi]

Daystar Clarion said:
Pfft, noob :D

That guy was a pain in the arse though.
FUCK THAT PIECE OF SHIT. ALL MY RAGE. Few times have I hated an enemy in a game that much.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
DrgoFx said:
Why has no one mentioned this beast?

This guy is my utter favorite. If you're having trouble, he was number four and involved a game of peek-a-boo.
I'm stuck on this evil bastard now. Before it was getting to the third colossus but finally got past the stupid detection of the pillars ledge and beat him. Now this colossus keeps walking away from the mounds after I lead him over and won't let me jump on him. [sub]Clever Girl...[/sub]

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I feel like saying 'all of them' is kind of a cop out answer.

Thing guy will always be memorable though. The first glimpse and that feeling of "oh god what have I gotten myself into".

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I am Harbinger said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I love the thrill I get from the flying colossi.
The bird one drove me nuts. I kept falling off his wings trying to get out to those tips bits.
Pfft, noob :D

That guy was a pain in the arse though.
***** please. Want the pain in the ass?

Flipping him with the geysers is bloody hard.

My favorite was Number 11. Celosia.

Scaring him with the fire was fun.

I don't understand why people hate him. Sure he is small he is still fucking fun to fight.