Your Favorite Elderscrolls Race. [Broken Poll]

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Up until Oblivion, mine was Khajiit. Eye of Night is a fucking awesome ability to have.
Now that those pictures of the Orc has come out tho, I'm going to try them for sure. :D

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Khajit, Argonian and Dark Elf. In that order from first to third. Don't know how I can explain why are my favorites.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Bro's the correct answer is Argonian, they love to nom on some deer penis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVODm-OfkV0

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
kahjiit obviously. Why you ask I can run faster then a horse(was a slow horse) and can take almost no damage in fights and the terror racial spell is all kinds of fun

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
High Elves, because of magic of course. My favourite spell is one where you touch something and then it can walk on water. I used to do this on my horse all the time.

Tourmeta

Apr 25, 2011
I'm a Kahjiit atm, cats are awesome.

Also like Argonian and wood elves. Stealthy races.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I pretty much just play elder scrolls games for the magic system, so high elf or breton all the way. Although I like playing something unconventional for a caster like redguard or nord when the magic system allows it to be viable, like in Morrowind. (However, I will never understand who in Bethesda gave the OK to giving different races of humans different mental stats. Unfortunate implications much?)

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
It depends on the game:

Morrowind: Whatever suits the character, you couldn't just join every faction so you had to make choices about which direction to go. So I generally picked the race that suited the tone of my character. Orc barbarians, Khajit thieves, Dark Elf conjurers, Redguard warriors, Argonian assassins, High elf wizards etc.

Oblivion: Generally Breton. The beast races felt too much like furred humans and not like beasts and due to the game's tendency to push you to being a fighter-mage-thief many of the other races didn't feel right. But overall I didn't feel my race or even class choice mattered much in Oblivion. The Breton's magical resist bonus combined with big bonusses to some of the more annoying to level up spell schools (unless chain-casting low magicka spells, which I prefer to avoid) made him the kind of logical choice.

I hope Skyrim will let your race matter a bit more again. But overall I really like all of the races, they all fit some type of character really well. I like how every race a quite distinct personality.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Argonians for me because their extremely sexy. And I found out in Oblivion that luring Imperial Guards into large bodies of water and then fighting them whilst they swam back up for breath was a very effective fighting method!

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
Well, i honestly thought people wouldnt have the same opinion as myself...

ARGONIAN... just because they're lizard people. Who the f*ck doesn't want to be a lizard person?

Failing that though, ORC. The orcs in skyrim looks pretty good, so i might start as one of those, but traditionally i have always started with an argonian mage.

TheMagicIndian

May 11, 2011
I usually play Dunmer mostly because I find them to be the most aesthetically pleasing. I don't play any of the Elder Scrolls games around races because it's all pointless at the end anyway. That's also why I never pick attribute boosting birth signs. I don't give two shits about racial abilities either because they're all rendered moot with proper gameplay. Nord's Woad is just a shield, big whoop. An argonian's immunities just save a few pounds of inventory space. The only race that has a racial worth a damn is Breton because of how broken spells can be at lower levels.

Anyway, yea. Dunmer for me.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Dunmer. I find them to be the most balanced between Combat, Bow and Magic. Though Defense can be lacking.

I also Like Orcs for a purely combat game.
And Bosmer for a Purely stealth role.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Whatever helps me role-play, so for Skyrim I'll probably be a Nord because of the setting.

Captain Ninja

May 9, 2009
Khajiit because they actually feel unique and kinda of original, Argonian too but i like khajiit more.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
I liked the Argonians and the Dunmer (Dark Elves).

The argonians for the backstory and situation.
And the Dunmer for their personality and especially their architecture.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
I've only played a wood-elf because stealth is always a great choice, but after seeing the changes made to melee in skyrim, I'm totally gonna be a badass nord.

Larmo

May 20, 2008
Khajiit, because i cant stand carrying torches and nigh vision potions, so its good that they can see in the dark, and all the while I'm nicking your stuff.