Your favorite fighting game characters from your favorite fighting games

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Soul Calibur

...But I'm better with Mitsurugi. Everyone I've played who is any good is best with either Mitsurugi or Voldo. Xianghua's style is just fun.

Street Fighter
...mind you, the newest Street Fighter game I've played is just II. No Turbo, no Championship Edition, no New Challengers... just II.

...and yes, I still play occasionally. My SNES still works fine.

Smash Bros:

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I'm not big into fighting games, but I'll give this a go.

SSB:

Street Fighter:

Tekken:

Guilty Gear:

Mortal Kombat:

Soul Calibur:

EDIT:
Bloody Roar:

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Hmm...well, finding images for most of them would take a really, really long time, so I guess a list? For most of them.

Guilty Gear: Axl Low. I will kill you from across the screen.

Street Fighter: Makoto. Because she actually uses Shotokan karate.

Arcana Heart: Fiona Mayfield. Because I like <url=http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3130/fionasmallqv1.jpg>maids with huge swords.

Fate/Unlimited Codes: <url=http://i55.tinypic.com/2j5lzic.jpg>Archer. I don't care if he's not my best character (that's either Rider or Assassin), <url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g36bLR62gnk>he's goddamn Archer.

Virtua On: Fei Yen. The only character I've ever played as, because killing people is more fun when you do it with hearts.

<url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.230960-TYPE-MOON-Reviews-Melty-Blood>Melty Blood: My beloved <url=http://i56.tinypic.com/2e0s239.png>Hisui and Kohaku. Because again, the greatest maids are the asskicking ones.

Tekken: Armor King. Because <color=red>SHINING WIZARD!

Acceleration of Suguri: Kyoko. Because they took the most pathetic boss from the first <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.272426-Off-Topic-Reviews-Suguri#10504525>Suguri and turned her into a bespectacled ice-throwing dealer of death.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja: Shino. Because I loves me some chakra-draining bugs.

Capcom vs. SNK: Hibiki. Because <url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ghZxB3oLY&feature=related>No Fear Feint.

King of Fighters: King. Or possibly Vanessa. Or Yuri. The hot ones who can throw a damn fine punch, basically.

Soul Calibur: Raphael. Amy from SC3 onward. STABBITY DOOM!

Smash Brothers (any): Link. He come to town. Come to save, the princess Zelda...

Samurai Shodown: <url=http://i51.tinypic.com/f0bzgm.jpg>Ukyo-samaaaaa...!

Virtua Fighter: Actually, I don't play Virtua Fighter much. Just enough to like Aoi for being cute.

Flying Dragon: Yuka. Because in a game that gets little love, she rocks.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Deadpool. TAUNT BUTTON!

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja: Hinata. Just...Hinata.

Blazblue: Carl. Fear my robot.

I'm probably even forgetting a ton of fighting games that I like (not Mortal Kombat, though, I don't like that...or Killer Instinct or Last Blade, which I never played). Oh well, that's long enough.

RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Lilica Felchenerow.
And here I was worried I was the only one who played that game, here.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Favorite characters, eh? Prepare to be baffled with obscure games!

---

---

As you can see, I get around.

Hitman Dread

Mar 9, 2011
Top: ABA from Guilty Gear

Others:

Street Fighter: Twelve/Necro/Makoto

Tekken: Alisa

Marvel: Tron Bonne

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
SageRuffin said:
Hmm...I'll give you Battle Fantasia, certainly. Never heard of that one.

CURSE YOU AND YOUR ANNOYING SISTERS!

Have to admit, she's a close second to Ukyo for me.

Though I'm always tempted to go with someone more obscure...

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
SageRuffin said:
It's a sleeper hit from Aksys Games, came well before Blazblue. A fun game, though the fighting engine takes a bit to get used to.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
SageRuffin said:
NeutralDrow said:
SageRuffin said:
It's a sleeper hit from Aksys Games, came well before Blazblue. A fun game, though the fighting engine takes a bit to get used to.
I never got into it. A little too throwback for me.
NeutralDrow said:
And here I was worried I was the only one who played that game, here.
I can't wait till Arcana Heart 3 drops June 10th.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
SageRuffin said:
NeutralDrow said:
SageRuffin said:
Hmm. I'd like to play that, sometime. I do loves me some fighters...

...I say, even though there's a ton I haven't played (Last Blade, Dead or Alive, Killer Instinct, Bloody Roar, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Zero Divide...Shaq Fu...).

Unfortunately, Wikipedia says it was a 360 exclusive in North America. I think I can only afford one more console, and I kinda want a PS3 for...

RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I can't wait till Arcana Heart 3 drops June 10th.
Hell yeah. I've been suffering withdrawal ever since getting to play AH2 in the arcades in Japan three years ago. It'll mean giving up Tales of Vesperia and Deathsmiles, but I'm willing to buy a PS3 over a 360 for it.

Especially since the PS2 port of AH2 was supposed to kinda suck, so I never imported it...

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Tekken 6: Alisa Boskonovitch

She's all of my favorite things bundled into one: An android of Russian descent which hails from Japan. Could there be anything else so grand?

Answer: No.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
SageRuffin said:
NeutralDrow said:
SageRuffin said:

...I say, even though there's a ton I haven't played (Last Blade, Dead or Alive, Killer Instinct, Bloody Roar, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Zero Divide...Shaq Fu...).

Unfortunately, Wikipedia says it was a 360 exclusive in North America. I think I can only afford one more console, and I kinda want a PS3 for...
Ah hell, how could I forget Killer Instinct? D:

And Battle Fantasia was multi-platform. You can find it on the 360 marketplace as a direct download. :)

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
SageRuffin said:
NeutralDrow said:
SageRuffin said:
NeutralDrow said:
SageRuffin said:

Ah hell, how could I forget Killer Instinct? D:

And Battle Fantasia was multi-platform. You can find it on the 360 marketplace as a direct download. :)
The 360 marketplace sells PS3 games? ('_'?)

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
NeutralDrow said:
Hell yeah. I've been suffering withdrawal ever since getting to play AH2 in the arcades in Japan three years ago. It'll mean giving up Tales of Vesperia and Deathsmiles, but I'm willing to buy a PS3 over a 360 for it.

Especially since the PS2 port of AH2 was supposed to kinda suck, so I never imported it...
I'm going to be importing from Europe for a change. It is only available on the PSN in the U.S. I want it on disc. Usually it is the other way around.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Bocaj2000 said:
for tekken
YES!
He's the only character I actually would ever play as in Tekken.

As for another game...

You have no idea how hard it is to find SFW pics of her >.>

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Mortal Kombat: Kitana/Jade
Tekken: Brian/Dragonuv
Street Fighter: Vega/Sagat
Soul Calibur: Ivy/Talim
Super Smash Brothers: Kirby/Link
MvC: Ryu, Guile, Cammy/Morrigan, Felicia, Psylock

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
NeutralDrow said:

I'm going to be importing from Europe for a change. It is only available on the PSN in the U.S. I want it on disc. Usually it is the other way around.
...oh hey, that's right, PS3s are region-free, aren't they!

*glances at own Magic Key-equipped PS2*

Yeah, that'll be convenient. Man, the things I needed just to get Fate/Unlimited Codes running...

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
The 360 marketplace sells PS3 games? ('_'?)
Sarcasm aside, like I said, it was multiplatform.

See? [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battle-Fantasia/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415707d4]