your favorite game that got destroyed by crappy sequels?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Call of duty just die already...

Red alert 3 is pretty dogsh*t. no amount of Half decent celebrities (Tim curry, George Takei, Jenny McCarthy) to act in it will save any of the game since the actual gameplay is Awful and not fun at all.

Also i feel like Gears of war has gone on long enough ok we get it you like to chainsaw ppl *Yawn* just release the rest of the story in a book or something.....

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
Darknacht said:
Also all the 3D Sonic games have destroyed Sonic.
Sonic Colors would like a word. So would Generations when it gets released.

OT:Well, I think I can say every Crash Bandicoot game starting with Crash of the Titans.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Final Fantasy and a game called Flashback, It had great atmosphere and puzzles for a 16 bit game and then they made a sequel on the Playstation called Fade to Black, it was horrible. No one will probably ever pick that lisense up again. :( It's a shame.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Baron von Blitztank said:
Rayman.
I can't remember much about the 1st game other than that I played it and it was ok, Rayman 2 is essentially my childhood and I never got around to playing Rayman 3.

But Raving Rabbids? Why is Rayman suddenly captive to these annoying screaming fuckheads? Just blast the guards with your fists and take vengence on those A-holes! And then Raving Rabbids 2 came and Rayman barely appeared save for box art and cutscenes. And then Raving Rabbids TV Party and Rayman didn't even get the box art. And then Rayman disappeared altogether!

And now Rayman Origins is coming out and all seems to be well again.
I had Rayman 1, 2 and 3 which were all really good. I wont spoil anything from the 3rd one for you but just know i recommend it, good all rounder series until those bastard Rabbits came into it. Didnt even touch it all i had to do was get sick of it from the constant ads on TV. nuff said.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
soul_rune1984 said:
Paracite Eve. Loved the first one. They ruined the second with bad controls and the third, wtf? Where did Ayas' powers go? What's with the time travel? Oh and DMC4 is worse than DMC2 (in my opinion).
Wait wait wait , theres a parasite eve 3 ? Wtf ? Why havent i heard about this! Now i feel like i have been under a rock !
Also dino crisis suffered the same fate as parasite eve . Dino crisis ( ignoring controls ) was a great game , dino crisis 2 however changed into the same action shooter thing parasite eve 2 did .

Pojo-san

Sep 21, 2010
I'll be the nerd and say Pokemon. I loved the Gameboy color versions of it (even the heartgold/soulsilver that they released recently), but when ruby/sapphire hit, it seriously went down hill. Heaven forbid, that Nintendo listen to customer complaints and try to improve the mechanics of the game. I hate the HMs and the fact that you had to have HM whores in order to get through the game. Having 6 was fine for me because you could spread it out more and they were very strong as well in combat, but now they are so weak they are not even worth having. I wish they made the HMs more of a passive ability so they don't clog up the precious space you have for moves, or let the Pokemon learn six-eight moves instead of just four.

Raesvelg

Oct 22, 2008
Master of Orion. The original was a great game, Master of Orion II was a great game, Master of Orion III was some horrid creation that should never have been made.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Kingdom hearts. SquareEnix took Squaresoft's masterpiece (they are two different companies in my mind) and ruined it. Everything you worked for in the first one made irralavent by your own hand, a tease at new and more intresting characters only to have them taken away after a couple of hours. fan fav worlds reduced to rythem games. annoying bosses that can only be defeated by a finishing move and thus making your awasome combo system useless. and a tacked on enemy who's story only comes together in the last hour of the game.

All this made Kingdom hearts 2 unplayable to me. But the biggest sin of SquareEnix was to make 10,000 prequals and half sequals and make each one exclusive to a diffrent system or handheld.

Kingdom Hearts was one of the best Rpg's i've ever played and saddens me that its bees so badly miss handled. Its gotten to the point where i honestly don't care if they make a Kingdom Hearts 3 because if they do it'll like suck worse than FF 13

Harb

May 2, 2010
Dragon Age recently. I still can't cope with DA2 - Origins was great though.
Also Fallout. F1 and F2 are both fantastic, F3 is reasonable until you leave the vault and New Vegas doesn't save it (even though Obsidian tried really hard) since so many mechanics are the same.

targren said:
Phishfood said:
Deus ex, although they have at least partially redeemed themselves.
Oh gods. Invisible War was an abomination upon man and nature...
What? How? When? Deus Ex 2: Human Revolution has just been released and it's quite good :).

Hunter15

Jan 12, 2011
hey i likes the nazi zombie survival mode that has unforgettable characters, great back story, and kick ass weapons

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Darknacht said:
Zelda was also destroyed by a string of incredibly mediocre games starting with Ocarina of Time.
I'm a little confused...so you liked Zelda, Zelda 2 and, Link to the Past and started disliking the series from OoT on or, was OoT the last good one? I always say OoT as being an upgraded version of Link to the Past but that's just me.

Red Rum said:
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.
The sequel was not as intuitive or easy to control.
As poor as the second was, I would still grab a third if it were ever made. The chances of that are probably 0 but it's still not a terrible franchise.

Silent_Protagonist said:
My favourite game is Final Fantasy 6. Whenever I say I'm a fan of Final Fantasy, people always mention the games 11 and up and parade around about how lousy the series is. When I mention the games 9 and prior, they look at me with the stupidest expression. I hate the newer Final Fantasies. -.-
IX was my favorite. I can't see why XI and XIV got to be numerical Final Fantasy titles, especially since XIV is still free to play. I didn't care for X either. I've said before that Mystic Quest is more deserving of a place in the numerical Final Fantasy games than the online ones but that's a completely different game.

---

I don't remember a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game after Turtles in Time that was particularly good. Other than the people I quoted that's all I've got.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Mercenaries: Playground of destruction. The first was easily one of my favorite games ever, the second one was a glitchy piece of shit.

Harb said:
Dragon Age recently. I still can't cope with DA2 - Origins was great though.
Also Fallout. F1 and F2 are both fantastic, F3 is reasonable until you leave the vault and New Vegas doesn't save it (even though Obsidian tried really hard) since so many mechanics are the same.

targren said:
Phishfood said:
What? How? When? Deus Ex 2: Human Revolution has just been released and it's quite good :).
Deus Ex: Human revolution is a prequel not a sequel and they are talking about the actual sequal to Deus Ex called Invisible War. It wasn't terrible but pales in comparison to the original or Human Revolution.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
The Sonic franchise post Adventure 2....i don't think i even need to explain what killed it.

MasterF18

Aug 28, 2011
The Tony Hawk series is the only one really. Due to money concerns I haven't been able to really play many other series to be sad for their demise. The Tony Hawk games though, that was my crack. Every new game I had to have no matter what.

Harb

May 2, 2010
Febel said:
Mercenaries: Playground of destruction. The first was easily one of my favorite games ever, the second one was a glitchy piece of shit.

Harb said:
targren said:
Phishfood said:
Deus Ex: Human revolution is a prequel not a sequel and they are talking about the actual sequal to Deus Ex called Invisible War. It wasn't terrible but pales in comparison to the original or Human Revolution.
There is no sequel to Deus Ex. Don't know what you are talking about. Invisible War? What's that?