Your Favorite Game

Sonic Shrimp

Sep 1, 2010
Sadly enough I'd have to say one of my favorite games, and one that I have literally spent years playing on and off is Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Never really understood why I love it so much, but I can never get enough of it.

GamerGeek

Apr 19, 2009
Oblivion. Although, my first game ever, Spyro the Dragon, is definitely close. Just because it was my first.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Call of Duty 2, I've never had more fun in single-player in any FPS ever.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Wayneguard said:
Morrowind... easily. It was my first fantasy rpg and got me into the genre.
Sacman said:
Deus Ex... It's very ambitious and original(for a game) and the core concepts are very well realized...
Benmonkey7 said:
Fallout 3. Portal is a close second.
You people aren't making this any easier.

OT: DRUMROLL PLEASE!

...Fallout 3.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Devil May Cry

Call it nostalgia (because that's what it is), but I love that game dearly. It was essentially the defining 3D action game of its time. The gameplay was original and pretty damn well executed, the graphics were gorgeous, and the atmosphere was phenominal.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I was fond of an obscure PS2 game called Bujingai. It was wuxia (look it up) themed game which enjoyed. Especially the boss battles and special moves.

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
Wayneguard said:
Morrowind... easily. It was my first fantasy rpg and got me into the genre.
Harn said:
Morrowind, I was so sad when my disc got broken when I moved to a new house, and I'm always on the lookout for a used version... oblivion just doesn't compare.
Woohoo! I feel validated in my opinion through conformance with fellow community members.

*Ahem*

That would be Morrowind. Dwarf Fortress is on about equal footing, but I'm in the mood for it less often. Still, always exciting developments on that front. Starcraft, Battlefield, and Myst are also on my list of favorites for their respective genres.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
mjhhiv said:
CORRODED SIN said:
Overall, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. However, a competitor looks to be coming: Medal of Honor.
B-but... what about Medal of Honor makes it a potential favorite game ever? There's a problem in saying that any unreleased game has a chance to be your favorite, but it seems to me that Medal of Honor, in particular, shouldn't be a candidate.
I don't understand what you're saying. lol. It will take a lot to topple CoD4, but MoH has the potential. I played the beta and loved it. Haven't loved MP like that since CoD4.

koops

Mar 17, 2009
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. It's just plain ridiculous fun with wacky characters and intruiging cases.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
CORRODED SIN said:
Overall, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. However, a competitor looks to be coming: Medal of Honor.
Question: Did you play that Beta?
Follow up, have you ever played a medal of honor game before?

My favorite game ever would be Halo 2.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
No idea. There has been a lot of a games that I have fond memory's of, but probably the big ones are Ocarina of Time, SSB Melee, Lineage 2 (early chronicles), Total Annihilation, Perfect Dark and Super Metroid. They were all way passed my expectations, some of them get bonus points for giving me a completely new experience.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Er...I have a top six. ._. Can't narrow it down more than that.

Rule of Rose, Shadow Hearts, Drakengard, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, and Resonance of Fate.

doodger

May 19, 2010
My favorite game? That's a good question. I'll go with my two favorite games, the one I played the most, and the one I can't get sick off: Urban terror, and imperialism.

It's not a blockbuster big game, far from it. It's a free total conversion mod for Quake 3. But that game is everything a good first-person should be: It's fun, it's paced fast, it offers a good balance between action and tactics. Also, the game allows you to wall jump, something that makes the game 600% more awesome. The fact that thousands still play this is a testament to it's awesomeness.

Google Urban terror.Get the game. Play it.

The other game... The other game is great, but a different kind. It's a small strategy game made for windows 98, but it's still the ultimate turn based strategy game. The premise is simple: You play as one of the european great power. The game starts a few years after napoleon's defeat. The industrial revolution is kicking in. You must grow a huge workforce, develop your industry and your infrastructures, create an army, and develop strong ties with other powers and small countries. The game is really hard: You need to balance all 4 aspects of the game(railroad, industry and commerce, war, diplomacy) while always expanding. The AI is cruel: I've played some games where a nearby country would attack me because he thought my country had a bad navy. It started an epic world war, and it ended with me kicking his ass with old timey soldiers.

It's freaking hard to find, but if you are interested I can send you the game. It's only 50 megs, and it's fun.

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
CORRODED SIN said:
mjhhiv said:
CORRODED SIN said:
B-but... what about Medal of Honor makes it a potential favorite game ever? There's a problem in saying that any unreleased game has a chance to be your favorite, but it seems to me that Medal of Honor, in particular, shouldn't be a candidate.
I don't understand what you're saying. lol. It will take a lot to topple CoD4, but MoH has the potential. I played the beta and loved it. Haven't loved MP like that since CoD4.
I'm saying that Medal of Honor looks like an uninspired, bland, brown clone of your favorite game. Polished, maybe fun... but your favorite? Ah, well. Whatever works for you.