Your favorite Giant Mech EVER!

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
Jazzyjazz2323 said:
Hawk of Battle said:
Jazzyjazz2323 said:
An Imperator Titan because nothing says "I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU ALL!" like a mile long plasma cannon
http://oi33.tinypic.com/9iuszl.jpg
Pretty sure that's a warlord, a main battle titan, the larger of the 2 main battle titans.

THIS;

is the Imperator, and shows the difference in scale.
Doh I can't believe I mixed em up oh well now we have a picture of the Imperator(SO AWESOME!)

I only occasionally dip my toe into warhammer but did play 40k a while back. I've always liked the sort of psudo-plausability about it yes its crazy and over the top but all of that crazy makes sense in context.

One thing strikes me about the Imperator though, what the hell does it use the chain sword arm for? That thing could cut its way through a mountain. Surely when you get up to that kind of scale you are picking fights with ships (a la Battle fleet Gothic) as well? Guns are just a better option.

Is it bad that this is the only thing I have ever seen related to 40k that I have had trouble buying into?

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
The Madman said:
Love the BattleTech Mechs, often slow lumbering walls of pure *death*. None of this fancy pansy gundam stuff where the robots prance around all a lallygagging, nah, these are MENS mechs, giant pieces of metal with guns attached. The sort of thing you imagine German scientists thinking up had World War 2 taken place a few hundred years later than it did!
That is great. Also, I agree. There is a list of Mechs from BattleTech/MechWarrior/MechAssault that I liked. Hopefully the new MechWarrior game comes out soon. Have you seen the teaser for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEjoRQ0Cg8&feature=channel

Zodiac_A17

Feb 2, 2010
X20A Strike Freedom from Gundam Seed Destiny
http://www.nautiljon.com/images/perso/7/2/7/x20a_strike_freedom_3727.jpg

and 00 Quantum Gundam from Gundam 00: Awakwning of the Trailblazer movie
http://www.gundam-france.com/v4/images/stories/saga/gundam00film/ba/00quanta1.jpg

Dr.A

Jun 3, 2010
Because I am extremely...not creative, I'll say the giant mecha suit death machine from District 9.

Because it's awesome.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
The prawn walker from District 9 is supremely awesome but it's barely 10 feet tall, I don't think it qualifies as a giant mech, more of an cyber-armor ...like the equally awesome JMSDF type 303 chickenwalker from Ghost in the Shell.

Among proper giant robots it's a toss up between the Guren from Code Geass for melting it's opponents and the Teiring from Visions of Escaflowne for turning into a jet but fighting with its claws.
What can I say, I have a soft spot for the bloodthirsty ones.

Out of the veritechs I'd have to pick the VF-19 Excalibur; not as advanced as the Messiah but a big step up from the Valkyrie and so much prettier than either.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
RUINER ACTUAL said:
That is great. Also, I agree. There is a list of Mechs from BattleTech/MechWarrior/MechAssault that I liked. Hopefully the new MechWarrior game comes out soon. Have you seen the teaser for it?

Of course I've seen it, looks solid too, although not having heard anything about the game since its announcement has left me more than a little curious as to whether or not it'll ever actually happen. Doesn't bother me too much however since, during the giant wait between Mechwarrior games, fans have since created a couple of different options to enjoy.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Mechwarrior: Living Legends mod. Damned solid experience so far, and its still only in the early beta stages. Given time and continued efforts and it could easily become the multiplayer Mechwarrior experience. Already I find it better than the game for which its a mod, Crysis, go figure!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Madman said:
Zeithri said:
Hmm..
Daishi's cannons vs Granzon's Black hole throwing...
Black Hole wont do ya no good when ya spend ten minutes just posin all pretty like with her arms in the air yelling gibberish ta try and sound cool and I'll be pulling tha trigger and sendin enough firepower yer way to flatten a city in seconds. Awwwww yeah!

John Funk said:
The Madman said:
John Funk said:
Western mechs are ugly tin cans that are more like walking coffins. These are elegant things of beauty.
I like my Mechs like I like my action hero's, ugly gruff & tough. Western Mechs are the John Waynes and the Clint Eastwoods of the robot world. You're robots are more like pop stars and Twilight pretty boys.

Yeah, I went there! :p
Eastern mechs are Bruce Lee. Quick and lethal. Who would school either of those guys in a fight.
I imagine it would go down something like this:

Lookin pretty and doin fancy moves wont save ya when there's 100 tons worth of weaponry pointed your way. Hokey techniques and flashy weapons are no substitute for a ton of firepower at your side!

Canid117 said:
John Funk said:
The Madman said:
John Funk said:
Western mechs are ugly tin cans that are more like walking coffins. These are elegant things of beauty.
I like my Mechs like I like my action hero's, ugly gruff & tough. Western Mechs are the John Waynes and the Clint Eastwoods of the robot world. You're robots are more like pop stars and Twilight pretty boys.

Yeah, I went there! :p
Eastern mechs are Bruce Lee. Quick and lethal. Who would school either of those guys in a fight.
Depends does John Wayne have a gun?
Sure.

Bruce Lee just has ten of them. (Skip to 1:50)

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
XAdrianX said:
So the title is pretty much self-explanatory, I wanna hear (or read) which mech do you love over every other. It can come from a videogame, movie, T.V show or even a book (which im guessing will probably be sci-fi).

Mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l30HZ_1drI&feature=related

To me, a megas xlr movie would kick every single transformer movie in the dick.
EX-286

(A robot I made in Armored Core Master of Arena; what mech is better then one you made yourself?)

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
The Madman said:
RUINER ACTUAL said:

Of course I've seen it, looks solid too, although not having heard anything about the game since its announcement has left me more than a little curious as to whether or not it'll ever actually happen. Doesn't bother me too much however since, during the giant wait between Mechwarrior games, fans have since created a couple of different options to enjoy.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Mechwarrior: Living Legends mod. Damned solid experience so far, and its still only in the early beta stages. Given time and continued efforts and it could easily become the multiplayer Mechwarrior experience. Already I find it better than the game for which its a mod, Crysis, go figure!

Is that game very old? And by that, I mean, can I buy it in stores? Or do I have to hunt it down on some shady website on the internet to download it? Or is it avaliable on Steam?

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
PedroSteckecilo said:

The Classic VF-1J Valkyrie from Macross/Robotech, just love my transformin plane mecha.
Good taste, man.

SUPER TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Wing Gundam. I grew up watching this one kick butt! Still my favorite.
[img width= 400 size]http://whiteliesandblacktruths.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/gw_wing_gundam2.jpg[/img]

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Every single thing picture here would fall over if it fired any of it's weapons. That's if it even managed to make it to the battlefield in the first place.