Your favorite lesser known band

Dusty Fred

Aug 3, 2011
Die So Fluid

A top quality band from the part of metal-land where heavy rock is visible in the distance. Their third album doesm't contain a single song I dislike. I even painted my room to it.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Probably anything Mike Patton related, my fave being Mr.Bungle. Also English prog group Frost* are completely mind blowing.

Also why does everyone go on about the MoS guys music it's the same songs every week...

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
These guys [http://www.facebook.com/pages/OK/81056970025] are one of my favourite bands ever.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
One of my favorite bands of all time is a New York-based funk rock band called King Hell. One of their two lead singers is mildly internet-famous due to his YouTube videos("Don't be retarded. Listen to King Hell!"), but the band as a whole isn't exactly well-known. They cite early Metallica and Parliament as their biggest influences, and it shows in their music, since the bass lines are clearly funk-centric while the guitar riffs are more reminiscent of 1980s hair metal. Both of the lead singers are fantastic and their harmony is wonderful. Overall, there's nothing else like them and they're just damn good. So don't be retarded. Listen to King Hell!

Yes, I'm plugging them shamelessly. They deserve it.

http://kinghell.net/

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010

These guys are rediculously talented, it's a crime they aren't bigger than they are.

Camarii

Jul 1, 2011
Dropkick Murphy, Gaelis Storm, Flogging Molly, Raubtier, NORDMAN, Nomy, Itchy Daze, Neverstore, Ra, Life of Agony, Mimikry, Avantasia
Some are well know here in Sweden but not anywhere else I guess. Anyway they're all awesome

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
Pretty much everything I listen to is fairly unknown (I'm so hipster...)
I can't really pick a favorite since that largely depends on my mood, but I guess my favorites at the moment would be
<youtube=UgAkZfObn0c>
<youtube=XjolSqZf94A>
<youtube=cIwAfmA8olw>

Camarii

Jul 1, 2011
Dropkick Murphy, Gaelis Storm, Flogging Molly, Raubtier, NORDMAN, Nomy, Itchy Daze, Neverstore, Ra, Life of Agony, Mimikry, Avantasia
Some are well know here in Sweden but not anywhere else I guess. Anyway they're all awesome

NicoDK

Sep 21, 2009
Creature Feature

and Curtis FX's (from Creature feature)sideproject, Rufus Rex
His latest single

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
I wouldn't call them unpopular or obscure, but out of 50 people that I tell them about, only 1 or 2 know them.

Ratatat.

They are fucking awesome.

Paul

Aug 21, 2009
Anarchy Club. I know they had the song "Get Clean" featured in Rock Band 2, but beyond that they seem to have got no real attention. "Get Clean" is a song from their most recent album, The Art of War. They have two other albums as well: The Way and its Power and A Single Drop of Red. Both albums are excellent, and you can probably examine the meaning behind a lot of the music if you are so inclined.

"Get Clean" is an absurdly easy example due to the opening lyrics; the song is basically about the Holocaust, but it's not done in poor taste. Their musical style is very unusual, because "Shaolin" sounds completely different, and then "Behind the Mask" sounds different as well. I'd say their most unusual track is "Changing of the Guard", because it's more of a monologue than anything else. They're like nothing else I've ever heard, but in the best sense.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
Did someone really post Foster the People on the front page? Jeez. Didn't they just win a VMA?

Atari Teenage Riot, Alec Empire, Amon Amarth, Electric Hellfire Club, Front 242, KMFDM, just to name a few. I listen to a lot of undergroundish music.

ferryman

Jan 8, 2011
Tin Hat (Trio). don't know how known, or rather, little known they are, but flash gamers might remember their song that was used as the intro to TriAchnid: