Your favorite level in games you despise

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Well Condemned 2 was awesome until it hit exactly the halfway point then it just goes horribly wrong... I'd say don't go past the bear part and you'll be fine.
Yes, my cannon is that at the end of the bear level when you're fighting off that wave of dudes while accessing the laptop (or something I only played it once)they overpower you and kill you. And so ends the story of Ethan....Mars? No wait Thomas....I think. I always get those two confused. It's great though because not every story needs to have a happy ending or a hero triumphant.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
The first track in every racing game. I suck less at them than any other in the entire game.

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
Band Hero kinda sucks, but it has I Want You To Want Me and American Pie, which are the best songs ever.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Hmm. I can't really think of much.

I guess I'll go with the Thieves Guild quest line in Oblivion. Not sure I'd say I despise Oblivion though (especially not the same way I despise the so-called sequel to Diablo), just that I don't enjoy it.

I could also say Van Cleef in WoW, but again I don't really hate the game. It's just boring. Actually it does have a few levels I used to enjoy a lot. Scarlet Monastery, for one. And I know I'm weird for saying it but, I frikkin liked Gnomeregan. Almost wished I could cap my leveling off at 40... never did like the endgame stuff.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Ljs1121 said:
I didn't despise Black Ops, but I didn't really like it either. I thought the Bay of Pigs invasion and Vorkuta were both pretty cool though.
Black Ops had some really awesome environments, just painfully linear levels; Kowloon could have done so much more with alternate routes n' things, as could navigating the nova six gas on the island towards the end, and the Vietnam/Laos levels would have been great if there were more open environments; totally agreed on Vorkuta though.

denseWorm said:
Anyway, I don't know how many games I despise... But playing Serious Sam singleplayer and not split-screen 2man co-op can be really, really boring, and if I have to think of my favorite level from a Series Sam title it might be the Ancient China sections of Serious Sam: The Next Encounter (the only Serious Sam game I can think of that got out on Gamecube - dual Uzis rocked)

I should say though that I only ever played SS:TNE solo, but I still apply the 'serious sam sucks if it's not coop' even though I don't think that with Next Encounter. Blah.
I've only ever played Serious Sam solo :(

Idon'tcareanymore

Dec 29, 2011
The first time you play as the British in COD MW2. In the snow storm. That was pretty cool, despite the rest of the game being boring.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
The Western level in Timesplitters 2, minus the boss.

Yes, I despise Timesplitters 2.
That makes no sense. It's like asking for a point south of the south pole, or dividing by zero. The very sentence is broken.

OT: I don't despise the game, but I don't much care for Dear Esther at all. That said, the 'level' in the cave looks absolutely gorgeous.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
denseWorm said:
PieBrotherTB said:
I've only ever played Serious Sam solo :(
Going through the Memphis slums absolutely killed me.
I think there's an achievement (I have the HD xbox releases) for just doing that level on the hardest difficulty setting.

Oh, they know what they're doing...