Your favorite Miracle of Sound song?!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I still think his electronic music is some of the best I've ever heard. The New Black Gold, City of Night, Digital, Hitoshio, and even Higher tonight (despite my general lack of love for wubstep) are all absolute New Black Gold.

TimeLord said:
That was a fun thing.

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
Personal favorite is "Beneath the Black Flag", because I can actually imagine it as a pirate sea shanty being sung by a drunken lot in a seedy bar.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I have quite a few 'favourites' actually. :D

In no particular order:
1: Joker's Song. I love how well he captured the feeling I usually get from the joker. The voice was spot on as well.
2: Legends of the Frost. It helps that it was a collab with Malukah, but even without that the song gives me chills.
3: All as one. The first DA song was...almost there but not quite for me. The inquisition song is fantastic, imo.
4: Shadow of the Ash, alternate vocals version. What can I say, I'm a metal fan. :p

Those would be by 'top 4' kind of. Though there are plenty of other songs I really like. Little Sister, Nord Mead, Normandy, The new Black Gold, Sovngarde Song, Mining all day long, Beneath the Black Flag...

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Only 2 songs? You're a cruel person :-(
So first one is All as one. I already really liked Age of the Dragon and All as one is even better. I have neither played DA2 (except for the demo) nor DA:I but I wish they were half as good as these songs.

Also Amnesia. Had this song stuck in my head for a really long time.

A lot of other great songs were already mentioned in this thread: Wake the White Wolf, Redemption blues, any of the three Bioshock songs.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
My favorites would be The New Black Gold (2013) and Cries Of A Dead World.

crazy_coug99

Official Representative of WSU
Sep 17, 2012
I love a lot of Gavin's songs but the one, for me, that is above all others is Normandy. I got into Mass Effect because of this song and will always stay in the top ranks of most played on my iTunes account.And the second would have to be The Crush. I love how it starts out and continues to rock through the entire song.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Aside from "The Crush" and "Sovngarde Song" which have already been linked...

The bass-line is awesome.

Annnd

Really nails the impression and the theme quite well.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I think Level 3 and 5 are collectively the strongest albums. In a year with a lot of bullshit, at least Miracle of Sound had a GREAT 2014. I think I got a lot of new faves this year.

1st fav would have to be Sovngarde Song. You never forget your first with a musician you like, and while I admit it's not technically the strongest MoS song, I really like the energy in it.

2nd I think might be Wake the White Wolf (vanilla version). Not a fan of The Witcher series (no active hate. Just not my thing and it's not like my PC can run the third game anyways), but I just like the sound of it. Can't explain in detail.

Then we have the lump of songs that find their way frequently playing on my iPod, like Into The Mind (not sure if Gav edits his videos now, but this might be his best), Dream of the Sky, Savage Side of Me, Rise, Shadow of the Ash, New Black Gold, and The Crush. I also often use Calamity and Little Sister for my morning alarm (one of those clocks where you plug in your iPod).

Also, this is your regular reminder that Wigglesticks [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LrVou1Jo7w] exists.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Tough call, since so many of his songs are really good...

*Forever Blue
*Fistful of Concrete
*Messing With the Best
*Calamity
*Dream of Goodbye
*Beneath the Black Flag
*Commander Shepherd
*Normandy
*Take it Back
*Dream of the Sky

And this is just my top ten!

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Really hard to pick, since I like so many of his songs(and I picked up Levels 1-4 this last month, so have been listening to them on my IPOD a lot).

So I'll name off a couple that I just really like.

*Dream of the Sky
*Dream of the Sea
*Life in Bullet Time
*His Fathers Son
*Wheatly's Song
*Calamity
*Normandy
*Redemption Blues
*Beneath the Blag Flag