Your favorite named weapon

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Soulreaver - It doesn't get much more on the nose than that.
Wabbajack
Tinkledeath
Pew-Pew
Warmonger
Homuranagi
Kusanagi
Daystar Clarion

NearLifeExperience

Oct 21, 2012
This baby

A very powerful shotgun with an exceptionally high accuracy, making it effective even at medium to long range. better yet, it has a scope! It absolutely obliterates anything in it's path, and I missed a similar gun in BL2

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007

My SOL or Sword of Light, one part comic battery, one part gun, one part mass energy control device.

I keep going back to it and thinking how it compares to everything else.

My other weapon the Staff of Darkness comes in 2nd
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zippydsmlee/COTLOP/COTLOP-S_O_D_Small_zps74178a86.jpg

Its kinda hard to pick others when you spent so much time musing on them.

Now with that said Gourry Sword of light from Slayers is a nice one, Jeans caster from Outlaw star is nice, if my mind was not blank right now I could think of more ><

There are a few weapons from FF1,FF4 and Lunar on the Sega CD that had some nice magic effect when you used them as a item but blah I am brain dead.

Forobryt

Dec 14, 2012
The fork of Horripilation from morrowind. Any gift from sheogorath is already a winner.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Fijiman said:
Also the RYNO 2.
RYNO 2 was the best RYNO. The revolving barrels felt so powerful and the control it gave you over every shot made it stand out from the rest.

I always put this on threads like these, the AER14 Prototype.

Apparently I'm not alone, somebody actually went and made this model. Green lasers are best lasers.

Continuing with the theme of Ratchet and Clank, the gold Pyrocitor was really cool. Hell, even the regular old flamethrower Pyrocitor was really awesome.

All dem feels.

Technically this is the first in a long series of weapons, but the baselard was my favourite starter sword for Monica in Dark Chronicle. If I had a sword, I'd want this one. It's not even got a name, really, it's just a baselard...just like the gladius is the gladius and the long sword is...you know what I mean. Nonetheless it's significant.

Long and strong.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Headsprouter said:
Fijiman said:
Also the RYNO 2.
RYNO 2 was the best RYNO. The revolving barrels felt so powerful and the control it gave you over every shot made it stand out from the rest.
The only thing that could have made the RYNO 2 even better is if you got a second one to dual wield it with.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Sofus said:
Your lack of knowledge of the nordic mythology has to be the only reason you find Mjølner to be an interesting weapon.
I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure where that came from, how you consider it necessary, or how it adds anything to the conversation.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
I am SORELY dissapointed that nobody mentioned the Soul Reaver.

Steals its enemy's souls, absorbs blood and can be improved to the point that it can contol the flow of time for a short period.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I'm going to go with Mercy from New Vegas for my first pick. I mean, seriously, it's a 40mm Grenade Machinegun, what more do you need to know?

Also: LotR swords

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Goldbrand. My favourite weapon in video games. A simple yet elegant blade who is quite efficient at killing just about anything.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Agni & Rudra are the most badass weapons ever.
Twin blades of Fire and Wind.
I was so happy when I saw them in DMC 3 because I figured that if I beat them, I would get those swords.
I was right.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
It kinda feels like cheating but here we go, all 3 are Borderlands 2 legendary's:

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Twenty Ninjas said:
Steals blood (or souls). Kills anything. Can only be destroyed by a copy of itself. Can literally disrupt the flow of time. Upgradeable! Also, is the key to a war that spans millennia.

You guessed it.
This.

Honourable mention to Chrysamere from The Elder Scrolls series.

Chaomage6

Jan 9, 2013
One of my favorite weapons was Sol from Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's a pretty good weapon, having the damage of all but a top-tier weapon, and granting the user the Sol skill, letting them occasionally heal half of the damage dealt. What I really liked was the sword's design.
http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/c/c5/Sol.jpg
It pretty much a red bat wing with steel edges. Its just brutal, even though it's a healing weapon.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Ah, another one. Onimusha has always been good for cool weapons but my favorite has always been Enja from Onimusha 3.

Ever since I first used that glorious weapon, I've been a fan of sword-whips.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Gungnir, the unerring spear of Odin. Seriously, love the weapon, love the name, love the mythology. It's a winner on all counts.

banthro

Aug 11, 2009
The Subtle Knife from Phillip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' series. It can cut through anything, even air (creating a door to other dimensions). Not only can it take you to that land of giant pigs, but it can also carve you bacon too.

nuttshell

Aug 11, 2013
HalloHerrNoob said:
"...and this one's for grandma, who said I'd never amount to anything more than a butterknife!!"
-Lilarcor (Baldurs Gate 2)

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120912194940/forgottenrealms/images/c/c5/Lilarcor.png
"You know, my last owner always said I was "sharp and edgy". He was such an ass."
Absolutely. I would argue that no Lilarcors were sold or abandoned in BG2. Even when he was annoying, you just had to keep him around.