Your Favorite Non-Mainstream RPG

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Fire Emblem is mainstream?
Since the fuck when?
Just because Marth, Roy, and Ike made appearances in Super smash brothers does not make the series mainstream. 95% of people who played Super smash brothers cannot even name the genre of games these heroes hail from. Fire Emblem barely maintains a niche audience here in the U.S. (forgive me those who are not living in the U.S. I'm merely speaking from my point of view.) The last Fire Emblem game sold less than 30K I would hardly call that a notable series.

Wolfe-KuPo

Jan 1, 2010
Grayjack said:
Wolfe-KuPo said:
Grayjack said:
The Shin Megami Tensei franchise. Those games are great.
they can be considered mainstream thanks to, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4...

well for me its Terranigma <3
Not as mainstream as Final Fantasy or Dragonquest though.
I am still wondering if Tales can be considered mainstream :p

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
EDIT: Holy crap I quoted the wrong person.

Timbydude said:
9NineBreaker9 said:
Grayjack said:
The Shin Megami Tensei franchise. Those games are great.
This. I recently got Persona 3 Portable, and am in love with it to the extent that I asked my teachers today if I could play it in class (one of them said yes :D).
:(

Your Academics have not increased.

(I had P3P mailed to the wrong address by accident. Can't wait to play it though.)
Damn, my Academics really didn't increase. But my mood went from good to great, though!

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
Septera Core

It was made back in the fleeting age when games were actually creative. IE. They didn't just rip off Tolken, Saving Private Ryan, and Aliens.

Yukichin

Mar 26, 2009
I've got to say, Persona 4, without a doubt. Persona 3 affected me more, but Persona 4 is my favorite game.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
RUNESCAPE... ready .... RUN!!!! o and the mardek chapters, its a flash game on kong but damn they made it good i recomend u try it. (although i do like runescape so idk but trust me mardek is good)

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
favorite rpgs of all time are the baldur's gate games, they are responsible entirely for be getting in to d&d (i am, of course, referring to the pc games, not the shitty console versions)

second would probably be fallout 1 and 2 (though the final battle in fallout 2 was extremely anti-climactic

and of course, arcanum. possibly one of the most under appreciated games ive ever played

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Matu Flp Krwfe said:
Septera Core

It was made back in the fleeting age when games were actually creative. IE. They didn't just rip off Tolken, Saving Private Ryan, and Aliens.
oh my god i remember that game! i never finished it, i got into the core and my computer crashed before i could get much farther. that was such a good game

Theclassnerd

May 18, 2010
The Disgaea Series is starting to grow on me, thanks to my older brother, and sheer luck. I have wanted to get into Earthbound and Golden Sun, but, of course, localization, and availability (Being in Alaska doesn't help either, I was lucky enough to find Disgaea DS up here while at a summer camp).

adledog

Dec 28, 2008
Mines an old Playstation game whose name I forget now. You could play as either a guy or a girl, the girl had circle shaped blades and the guy could transform into monsters you run into. If somebody knows what im talking about Id appreciate it=] also torchlight

Edit: Finally found it! Its threads of fate

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
00slash00 said:
Matu Flp Krwfe said:
Septera Core

oh my god i remember that game! i never finished it, i got into the core and my computer crashed before i could get much farther. that was such a good game
I got lost in the graveyard and never found a way to finish it...

Still, amazing game.

blitz609

Sep 11, 2008
Grandia II and Demon's Souls are my personal favorites.
Edit: Also Lunar the Silver Star for Sega CD

Thick

Feb 10, 2009
Valkyrie Profile.

Silmeria was on average better than the first, perhaps because of the inclusion of Hrist as playable.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Sundavar said:
JESUS CHRIST people has no one said Golden Sun yet??
Salud. Also, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Adian Chronicles: The First Mage (If you've heard of this one, I tip my hat to you). Im gonna say Icewind Dale/Baldur's Gate as well, just because good luck finding someone nowadays under 25 that 's played it in the mainstream.

And if FE doesn't count as mainstream, sign me up for that one as well.