Your Favorite Superhero Game?

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
I've been playing a lot of superhero games recently. Prototype and Infamous on the PS3, and a old Hulk sandbox game on my PS2. But I had a lot of fun recently playing Crackdown with my friend, living out my Super Robocop fantasies. Being retardedly powerful from the beginning and turning into a manifestation of god on Earth by the end is what's so fun. So what's your favorite superhero game?

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
Would Batman: Arkham Asylum count? Because Batman is a superhero but from the looks of your OP, you're going for games where the main characters have superpowers.

So either Batman: Arkham Asylum or inFamous.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Fav super hero game is The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, or Ultimate Spider-Man. People say that the spidey games are the best super hero games out there, but I think that the hulk really made me feel like The Hulk. It was made by the guys who made [Prototype], so just imagine that game, except you're 12 feet tall, bulging with muscle and green ^^

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
Thunderhorse94 said:
Would Batman: Arkham Asylum count? Because Batman is a superhero but from the looks of your OP, you're going for games where the main characters have superpowers.

So either Batman: Arkham Asylum or inFamous.
Considering all the superpowered baddies he bags and the amount of "no one could survive that" situations he gets thrown into, I would think Batman have some sort of superpower. Technically he doesn't, but the writers make him into a practically invincible hero.

dark707

Apr 15, 2009
Is your old Hulk sandbox game on the PS2 Hulk Ultimate Destruction by any chance?

OP: I really like Spiderman 2 for some reason, the web swinging was just SO GOOD.

Xtroni

Feb 20, 2010
Mine is Hulk ultimate destruction for gamecube ^^ nothing feels as good as to throw a buss into my enemies!

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I'm thinking about buying Batman Arkham Asylum. I had so much fun with the demo, I have to buy it as soon as possible.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
dark707 said:
Is your old Hulk sandbox game on the PS2 Hulk Ultimate Destruction by any chance?

OP: I really like Spiderman 2 for some reason, the web swinging was just SO GOOD.
Yup. Making cars into boxing gloves and being able to jump half a mile never got old.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
I forgot to add. The first superhero game I played was for the PC and it was a Spiderman game. Abusing web powers never got old.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Batman: Arkham Asylum easily. Brilliant game.

The only other competitors for me our Champions Online, which is the only MMO apart from WoW I've bothered with for long, and Spiderman 2, which was just great fun for swinging around the city.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Arkham Asylum or inFamous, although I'm leaning towards the former.

Saargston

Feb 17, 2010
It kinda bugs me that no one mentions this game often, but Spider Man 2(PS1) is my favorite. I always found it amuseum-ing, climbing up that huge world history exhibit, with those EMP waves regularly coming down to kill you.