Your favorite type of villian?

New Vegas Samurai

Dec 12, 2010
The baddy that perfectly exists with the good guy ala joker to batman
expendable baddies are all well and good but having a bad guy follow you THROUGHOUT the series is something that is more driving.
Something like a soul reaver touch to it without the slow train wreck move,

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
One of my favorite all time villains was the serial killer in Persona 4. You don't see him coming and most of all I could understand how he felt. Which makes it all the more disturbing.

Xlr8DETH

Jun 20, 2010
i like my villains batman style, insane and and believable. i always like dhow the joker seemed like he could be a real serial killer

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
The ones who are anthropomorphic personifications. They aren't of humanity, so just see them as a vermin infestation to be wiped out. Example: Jack of Blades.

I also like the ones whose motives you can respect. For instance:

Logan, on Fable 3. He's just trying to dig up the military funds to repel the Crawler's shadow hordes.

Stepping away from the Fable universe, for a moment. I did like in Hot Fuzz, when the village council's motive turned out just to be to win the village of the year award again. It was hinted at throughout the movie, even though Simon Pegg's character came up with a totally believable reason for why they were doing it.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
M. Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Hamtastic bastards for the win.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
S.R.S. said:
The type where all along they were trying to help.

<youtube=DnHHDzQ4Axw>

OT: I don't know if there is a type I like. For example, anyone can take on the "kill everyone for no reason" gimmick. But Joker pulls that off better than ANY villain I've ever seen. We can have another villain take on the "I'm doing this for my 'race'" gimmick but Magneto does that incredibly well. For me, favorite villain is based more on the character than the type...

... but let's assume you're holding a gun to my head and I have to answer. I think I prefer villain who believe they are in the right in their actions. This belief could be true, delusional, or other. But I like villains to believe their actions are for the betterment of mankind or their vision of mankind (Magneto, Luthor, Grodd... kind of, etc).

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
My favorite villian type is not only one with motivation and intelligence, but one with vision. All of this while having the basic flaws of a person so that it makes you feel like they are genuinely human.

For me, Ghaleon from LUNAR 1 & LUNAR 2 best represents this kind of villian.

Also, as it was mentioned before, the completely insane types are entertaining, too. They just don't happen to be my favorite kind of villain. Kefka, IMO, was by far the most over the top insane baddie off all time, even eclipsing The Joker.

ldbmikey86

Feb 11, 2009
the truly evil and really well-done ones. See: Pan's Labyrinth & Inglourious Basterds for prime examples.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
The type of villain that knows that in the general populations eyes he/she is a villain, but from their perspective they try to achive a greater good.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
The ones like Kefka who are batshit insane and doing it becasue they were bored or something arbitrary like that.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Lambi said:
Jedoro said:
My favorites are the ones who are just insane, like the Joker. If you're going to be bad, be funny about it.
I agree. The insane ones are more fun and interesting. Kefka and the Joker are good, if not the best examples of an insane villain.
Insane without question are my faviortes.

Majora, Broly, Gaara, etc.

My 2nd favirote would be oddly enough the oppoiste: ones who are so vastly intellgent and logical that they seem almost godlike.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I like the classy villain. The one who's elegant and witty and often quite sociable, but their smile hides the fact that they've secretly already planned your death. If you stay on their good side, though, they're quite personable and charming. Commitment to evil dips no excuse for a lack of civility and manners, am I right?

Nov 27, 2010
The type of bad guy who holds nothing but contempt for the human race, and does everything in his/her power to show said contempt to the world.

But not in a whiny emo ***** kind of way.

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
The villains that act all tough and cool on the surface, but are actually riddled with doubts and self-loathing. I find those to be the most believable and therefore I empathise with them (most of the time better than the hero/heroine o_O).

Oh, and MegaMind. I'm not sure what category of villain he falls under, except a really awesome one.