Your favorite underappreciated games...

FoxDiamond

Mar 20, 2008
MstrTal said:
Dungeon Keeper (PC)
Ahhh, seconded. I wish I could find my copy of that game.

I'm not sure these are all underappreciated, but I don't see them on here so here goes:

- Master of Orion 2 (PC): Take over the galaxy as one of a dozen or so races, or create your own.

- Star Wars: Pit Droids (PC): Lead an army of idiot pit droids through a myriad of mazes and obstacle courses. Pretty fun puzzle game.

- NetHack (PC): Dungeon crawler that can be played in ASCII or basic graphics. Careful though, you can't really save the game. =p http://www.nethack.org/common/index.html Download here! Beware, lots of commands to get used to.

That's all I got.

Rajada

Dec 19, 2007
Hyberblade

So violent, but so addicting.

Nerf Arena Blast

Man, that was such an awesome UT engine based game, so many mods and what not.

Tryzon

Jul 19, 2008
War of the Monsters, XIII, Mashed

All great products with far fewer kudos than they deserve.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Blood Omen 2: Legacy Of Kain

Broken controls and and fighting that required more luck than skill but it's the only game where you get to play a real totally evil vampire. Reminded me of dungeon keeper. Such satisfying gameplay, each encounter was like a boss fight as such good timing of blocking and attacking was needed as well as every trick to get around the stiff controls.

Also, can I give a game I hated that everyone liked: Metal Gear Solid 2
Absolutely terrible, especially after the tanker. The inclusion of a tranquilliser pistol and a radar that will see the enemy well before they see you removes all stealth. Plus the plot and bosses were pants not to mention that prick Raiden. I cried at the end, cried for Metal Gear Solid getting such a shitty sequel.

wgreer25

Good news everyone!
Jun 9, 2008
Sacrifice (amazing voice acting, fairly unique gameplay)
Shadow of Colossus
Descent: Freespace 1 & 2
Planescape: Torment

Darth Brownie

Jun 10, 2008
Dark Cloud
Killer 7
Escape from Monkey Island
Baten Kaitos
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (I had to put a star wars game xD)

CPU3

Jul 25, 2008
SecretTacoNinja said:
TLoZ: The Windwaker
windwaker isnt underappreciated, there are lots of people who like it (me included), but the thing is, when it came out, it split the LoZ fanbase in two because of the cel-shaded graphics, so it didnt get the full support it deserverd

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
For something that was so horribly put down by many a games journalist, I flipping loved Assassins Creed. I've replayed it twice.

Soul Reaver for the Dreamcast.

Otogi 2: Myth of Demons for Xbox

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
Sybban said:
Fallout 1&2
Torment
Descent
Snake rattle and roll
EVO
Not sure Fallout is all that under-rated... It has an amazingly big fanbase for being a game that came out in '97. Don't get me wrong, I love it, and wish that everyone on the planet knew of it, but as far as gamers go I'd say it's very respected.

CTU_Agent24

May 21, 2008
HappyZealot said:
Project I.G.I., a game that was 7-8 at best but still lots of fun.
So true.
IGI 2 is now out in an el'cheapo style (budget game, cost about $9). Anyone who wants a good FPS shooter with great fun game play, decent story, BUY THIS GAME!!!