Your favourite abridged characters

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
We all love comedy and some of the best comedy you can possibly find on the internet that isn't related to cats picture with funny captions is the abridged series. So my question is who are your favourite abridged characters? PS Ghost Stories doesn't count even though it was really funny.

Here a list mine:
The duo of Gendo and Fuyutsuki from the NGE one shot by littlekuriboh, Evabridged by Gigguk and friends. I watched the original NGE minus the movie but I had a great time watching these two in both abridged series. Especially in Evabridged where Gendo is played more or less as an idiot and Fuyutsuki as a man who just doesn't care.

Nappa and Super Kami Guru of DBZ Abridged. I have never watched DBZ but probably won't due to the sheer amount of content it has not just in the anime. I did love these characters and I sometimes end up quoting them since some of their lines are just hilarious and their interactions with the other characters especially Nappa.

Tristan Taylor from YGTAS because he killed the dinosaurs.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
I'm rather fond of DBZA's take on Vegeta. He is just so wonderfully arrogant. And the way they did Cell is fantastic.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
TakerFoxx said:
I'm rather fond of DBZA's take on Vegeta. He is just so wonderfully arrogant. And the way they did Cell is fantastic.
Damnit, you stole mine, I fucking love Abridged Vegeta.

Okay, I'll pick someone else.

I absolutely adore Abridged Piccolo/Nail/Kami.

It kills me. XD

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm quite fond with Taka version of Alucard. He is such an annoying fuck but in a good funny way, almost like Deadpool!

EDIT- Runner up for Antfish Dio Brando, thanks to him I always view him as Tim Currys.

EDIT 2 - Oh man, I competely forgot about GanXinba version of prince Zuko

I just loved making a complete U turn on his character by making him a competely whinny *****!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
TakerFoxx said:
I just love all the DBZ guys from Team Four Star

Now granted, TFS (which I'm on episode 30), Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged (which I watched first and them referencing TFS is what got me to them), and for a very brief time, the Game of Thrones abridged that was on here (which was just...just awful. Sorry Escapist but...ick).

I freaking LOVE the dumb ones so obviously my choice of characters would be either Tristan or Goku. I think Tristan has the better voice and better one-liners but Goku overall is funnier. That's probably because Goku is the star of DBZ where Tristan is just kind of a side guy in YGO but still...

Spanglish Guy

Sep 8, 2014
Piccolo, Kami and Nail all interacting with each other at once is great, all the characters are pretty good too but my absolute favourite is Vegeta I think. I also like Joey and Kaiba fro Yu-Gi-Oh abridged too.

dragoongfa

It's the Krossopolypse
Apr 21, 2009
No one mentioned Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged so I am taking him.

EDIT: Frak spoke too soon, teaches me to gloss over the thread to plant a flag.

EDIT2: Fine I will pick Cell, hilariously creepy, dangerous and insane:

http://teamfourstar.com/video/tfs-abridged-parody-episode-44/

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
dragoongfa said:
No one mentioned Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged so I am taking him.
Scarim Coral beat you to the punch.

I love Takahata 101's Alucard, great series overall.
Antfish's rendition of Dio Brando using a Tim Curry voice just works.
Generally I like Taka's roles no matter the series.
PurpleEyes as Monkey D. Luffy..."We don't need no water, let the ************ burn!"
Rosario+Vampire Abridged by Dragon Master Associations, Despise the actual anime but love this abridged series...Mizore's a favorite.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
I just adore Keith Shadis from TFS AOT and Cell, I don't know but I just love characters who are both funny and scary at the same time from Keith being a crazy drill sergent and Cell drinking an entire town while putting on a song request

dragoongfa

It's the Krossopolypse
Apr 21, 2009
ElMinotoro said:
Naaaaaaaaaaaail.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail.

I saw a birdy.

Kick it's ass.
Super Kame Guru is disappoint.

"I Saw a birdy

It was pretty

Kick it's ass."

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Purple Eye's takes on Jeremiah Gottwald and Suzaku Kururugi are fucking hilarious.

Also: "TEAM DEATHMATCH."

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Purple Eye's takes on Jeremiah Gottwald and Suzaku Kururugi are fucking hilarious.

Also: "TEAM DEATHMATCH."
Agreed. Code MENT have some great abridged characters when they aren't spending a whole episode randomly screaming (I wouldn't mind, if not for the long ass wait times between episodes)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Loving TFS's Cell, and really that whole cast for DBZA is fucking great

Abridged Alucard is naturally awesome.

and I'm also gonna throw in one more!!!

Abridged Kirito.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Does MLP: The Mentally Advanced Series count? If so, I wish to nominate...

All right, creator FIMFlamFilosophy is having major troubles with his videos being targeted for immediate removal from YouTube courtesy of Hasbro's overzealous legal team, so here's an episode of his fanfic-based series Rainbow Dash Presents instead - sure to remain online until I'm done typing, featuring the same interpretation of Pinkie, and hilariously spoofing famous sadfic Bittersweet (in which Pinkie is diagnosed with diabetes and chooses death by ice cream).

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
tm96 said:
We all love comedy and some of the best comedy you can possibly find on the internet that isn't related to cats picture with funny captions is the abridged series. So my question is who are your favourite abridged characters? PS Ghost Stories doesn't count even though it was really funny.

Here a list mine:
The duo of Gendo and Fuyutsuki from the NGE one shot by littlekuriboh, Evabridged by Gigguk and friends. I watched the original NGE minus the movie but I had a great time watching these two in both abridged series. Especially in Evabridged where Gendo is played more or less as an idiot and Fuyutsuki as a man who just doesn't care.

Nappa and Super Kami Guru of DBZ Abridged. I have never watched DBZ but probably won't due to the sheer amount of content it has not just in the anime. I did love these characters and I sometimes end up quoting them since some of their lines are just hilarious and their interactions with the other characters especially Nappa.

Tristan Taylor from YGTAS because he killed the dinosaurs.
DBZ abridged is actually just significantly better than normal DBZ in every way that matters. The dialog is better, the jokes are better, the characters are better, they even edit the fight scenes significantly better.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Holy crap I've never heard of team fourstar or any of this abridged stuff.

...there goes the rest of my weekend.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
flying_whimsy said:
Holy crap I've never heard of team fourstar or any of this abridged stuff.

...there goes the rest of my weekend.

And prepare to die... from laughter.

Ahem.

Popo... Popo... POPO!!!

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Dilandau in Vision of Escaflowne Abridged played by Kaiser Neko. Kaiser just does an amazing job making him seem completely and utterly unhinged.

Seems like a lot of the people here haven't seen the older Abridged series. Most of the members of Team Four Star had some really great solo works before it was formed. I highly recommend seeing them. Not all are very good in the beginning, but after awhile their work just improves immensely.