Your favourite arcade game?

Derpus von Herpus

Nov 14, 2008
Some of you are probably too young to remember the heyday of arcades, as I do, but this is an open question. Every gamer I know has at least one arcade game that they love to death - what's yours?

I have a list of favourites - NFL Blitz (odd, since I hate American football), Fisherman's Bait 2, Raiden, and of course anything that says Street Fighter on it. But my absolute favourite, of all time, has to be the original Ridge Racer.

Six gears, a real clutch that isn't there just for show, three difficulty levels... man that game ruled. That's actually how I learned to drive a stick shift.

C'mon, let's hear it, everyone!

EDIT: Also, feel free to share any awesome arcade stories. I once got punched in the stomach when I was fourteen for using Akuma... he used to be so unbalanced that choosing him in a serious bout was punishable by beating.

Siris

Everyone's Favorite Transvestite
Jan 15, 2009
Street Fighter II: Championship Edition

And Pump It Up: NX2

Lusperus

Aug 20, 2008
Metal slug
Simpsons game and simspsons pinball
Marvel vs. capcom 2
house of the dead
Time crisis 4,5

Cocamaster

Apr 1, 2009
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.

The original 5 player X-men arcade.

Cadash (wonder if anyone remembers this one)

And for kicks...

Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold.

ElderScribe

Mar 20, 2009
Tron without a doubt.

The cabinet was a work of art all lit up and made to look like elements within the movie, even the joystick lit up, the stickers had Tron and Stark on it as well as other things within the movie.

You could play four different modes..Light Cycles,Tank Battle,Attack the MCP core,and entering the MCP.

Also the game is unique for using Grid Bugs, this was something Disney wanted to show more of in the movie but if memory serves most of that was cut...instead we only get a small glimpse of a few bugs forming and that's it, in the game however there is a level dedicated to them.

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
Simpsons Arcade was pretty awesome, as was the Punisher beat em up.

I also loved the old Mega Man Power Fighers game. That was just plain fun.