Your favourite Call of Duty game and why it is best

Nov 25, 2010
Just a simple lillte subject and the title says it all. What is your favourite Cod game and why.

I'll start the ball rolling with my good old favourite Call of Duty World at war. My personal best mainly because it is one of the most flawless, ok maybe not as flawless as CoD2 but it is more fun and much more challanging to play online. It beats all of the other Cod games by being more fair and containing far fewer gliches and just plain stupidity like the others, it also has a far better atmosphere ingmae especialy in single player with far better lighting and more of a hardcore rustic feel.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
The one where you shoot people in a brown and grey war like environment.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
Well considering the whole series sucked after WaW I'm gonna go with Call of Duty 2. The game focused on the story instead of the multiplayer, which I think makes it much better because Call of Duty's online isn't exactly a strongpoint in my opinion.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Cod 4, because it's less broken then any other and not corrupted lile the new crappy ones.
I have a month of gameplay on multiplayer. It has kept my interedt for 4 years. Black Ops: 4 weeks. Moderne Warfare 2: 4 months World at War: 4 weeks.
FUCK DOGS.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I'm going to say WaW. I like the fire mechanics (even though they have you use the flamethrower way too fucking much), Nazi Zombies, and mostly the Russian campaign.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
CoD4. i never played anything behind it, cuz i'm not interested in ww2 games, i've only found 1 i EVER liked (Commandoes) and why? SP was solid, well told, very fun, well designed, sucks u right in, and keeps you there, dosen't break immersion. the mp is very solid, very well balanced, some of the least bugs+exploit's ive seen, PB worked wonder's :), the maps are the best i've seen from cod4 up (skipping cod5) i think cod4 will forever be my fave.

Professor Cubbage

Aug 19, 2009
Call of Duty 4 by far. I really enjoyed the campaign as it was nice and simple, none of this Michael Bay riddled bullshit that passes as a campaign these days. The newer ones are just stuffed with out of place set pieces, boring characters (Ghost was just a shitty replacement for Gaz that did fuck all) and B-movie plots.

"Let's call our game Black Ops implying clandestine stealth missions but instead have the player shoot the shit out of every cop in the whole of Cuba, take down half the Cuban army then shoot Castro right in the fucking head!"
/rant

It also had one of the greatest multiplayer that I have ever played which again had a great simplicity and feel to it that every CoD since has failed to come close to.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I liked CoD4:MW1 the best, mainly cause it was a step in na opposite direction and overall the online servers my friends I use are more sporadic and fast and fun, but thats just my opinion.

besides, it had a decent enough story.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
Call of Duty 4. It was my first real modern FPS experience aside from Halo for PC--I had played Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy up to then--the story was at least mildly interesting, I warmed up to the characters after a while, multiplayer was thrilling--more realistic than Counter Strike, and with more detail than Battlefield 2...

And to top it off, mod support, custom single player and multiplayer maps, dedicated servers...it was great, a return to classic PC game form, and even if for nostalgia's sake, I consider it the better of FPS' games I've experienced.

Patriot4Life999

Oct 9, 2010
Call of Duty to was the best in my opinion. It had everything that the new ones do and it sticks to the WWII era. The only downside is it lacked the grenade throw-back function.

Patriot4Life999

Oct 9, 2010
Call of Duty to was the best in my opinion. It had everything that the new ones do and it sticks to the WWII era. The only downside is it lacked the grenade throw-back function.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
The fact that people still comparing the COD games to COD4 tells you how good the first Modern Warfare was. It had an awesome campaign and a well-balanced online multiplayer.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
It's hard to choose but it's between Call of Duty and CoD4.

Call of Duty for its "Crossing the Volga" and "Red Square" sections and CoD4 for the ship and the nuke.

Here's part of the reason for the former.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Black Ops, there is something about it, that I just really like over the others.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Call of Duty 3 was my favorite because it was the Call of Duty game I had the most enjoyable time playing with my friends. Many shenanigans were had in that game, for example, on one of the maps there was a bridge that was broken in the middle with each side slanted up like a ramp. At the end of each game the bridge is in the background of the scoreboard and my friend would always try to time it so that a car he was driving would go across the screen after the game was over. He only did it a couple of times, but it was hilarious to watch him rush to try and time it perfectly, because he would get really stressed about getting that car across the screen.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I never got into the early ones, but I loved the single player in 4. It was just something fresh. I never used multiplayer cause I came to the party a bit late.
However WaW takes the biscuit because it hade solid single player, and even better multiplayer campaign. Seriously, that sold it for me before I even tried online. Me and my housemates spent WEEKS worth of hours just in the campaign. And the multiplayer is nice and solid too. So thats gotta be my best one. Just don't talk to me about MW2. Urgh.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
for me its a tough call between united offensive and cod 2, though I think united offensive pips it. Not much of a fan of the series from cod 4 onwards as the singleplayer game just goes to hell, which is all I'm interested in from cod really, never been a fan of its multiplayer.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
teqrevisited said:
Call of Duty for its "Crossing the Volga" and "Red Square"
Arguably the best gaming experience of any relatively modern FPS.
Seriously. Just the way it was done was godly....

I'm gonna go install CoD.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
teqrevisited said:
It's hard to choose but it's between Call of Duty and CoD4.

Call of Duty for its "Crossing the Volga" and "Red Square" sections and CoD4 for the ship and the nuke.

Here's part of the reason for the former.
Hells yeah, once played COD 1 so damn much I knew the locations of every enemy spawn...thats not a good thing.

Singleplayer?
CoD2

Story?
CoD4

Multiplayer?
Would be World at War if it had no MP40, so I'd say CoD 4

Well shit, I didn't even realise I liked CoD 4 that much.